2022 Acklins Marlins Classics
Need Help? Contact Us
July 1 - July 4, 2022
The Acklins Marlins Classic is Bahamas National boat tournament awarding $25,000 in cash prize s(100 entries and over) . The Islands of Acklins, Crooked, Inagua , Mayaguana (MICAL) The Ministry of Bahamas, The Ministry of Agriculture and Marine Resources, and Tournament Organizers are thrilled to introduce of this exciting Annual No Boundaries offshore event.
Participate in an incredible fishing tournament and have a chance at winning cash! Anglers will compete in five categories: Marlin, Wahoo, Dolphin, Tuna. Snapper
The AFTA/BIVFTA Marlins Classic Tournament is held in the Bahamas. With the tournament being held at the peak of Marlins season in one of the most prolific fishing destinations in the world, teams across the country and Caribbean are being drawn to compete in this world-class event. This tournament has no boundaries, allowing teams to fish the richest areas of the Bahamas in search of monster Marlins, Wahoo and Tuna.
For Advance Registration Visit: For tickets visit: https://tksproductions.eventsmart.com/events/acklins-fishing-tournament-...
Registration is from 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m., on Friday, at Pestell Beach Bar and Grille, Pestell Beach Acklins Island.
Boats may leave docks after midnight Friday, July 1st. Fishing times: “Lines In”, 6:00 a.m., “Lines Out” 5:00 p.m. on July 2, July 3, July 4.
Weigh-in begins at 5:00 p.m., Saturday, July 2nd, at Pestell Beach Bar and Grille. Dock time is 7:00 p.m., on Saturday, July 2nd, at Pestell Beach Dock. You must be in person, with your fish, at the weigh station. The same schedule will also be followed on July 3rd and July 4th.
- *Largest Marlin: $10,000
- 2nd Largest Marlin: $5,000
- 3rd Largest Marlin: $3,000
- *Largest Wahoo: $10,000
- 2nd Largest Wahoo: $5,000
- 3rd Largest Wahoo: $3,000
- Largest Mahi: $2,000
- 2nd Largest Mahi: $1,000
- 3rd Largest Mahi: $500
- Largest Tuna: $2,000
- 2nd Largest Tuna: $1,000
- 3rd Largest Tuna: $500
- Smallest “Wee-hoo”: $500
- Raffle drawing: $2,500
- Most Snapper: $1,500
The Largest out of Marlin or Wahoo Get’s $10,000. Second place will get amount shown.
Although this is a traditional off-shore tournament, “Go Fast,” trailerable center console boats are invited and encouraged to participate. The three-day event includes registration and a Captain’s meeting on day one, a full day of fishing on day two, and an awards ceremony and Independence day celebration on the final day. A portion of the proceeds from the AFTA/BIVFTA Acklins Marlin Classic tournament are donated to The Bahamas Reef Environment Educational Foundation. https:// breef.org and The Bahamas Rental Assistant Ministry
$500 USDTeam Event
Min: 1 Angler
Max: 6 Angler
Tournament is over
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
6 months 3 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Mandarory Boat Registration (4pm to 7pm)
06/30/2022 04:00 PM
In- Person Registration (5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
07/01/2022 05:00 PM
Mandatory Captain’s Meeting
(Captains Meeting will also be live-streamed)
07/01/2022 07:00 PM
07/02/2022 06:00 AM
07/02/2022 05:00 PM
07/02/2022 05:00 PM
You must be in person, with your fish, at the weigh station.
07/02/2022 07:00 PM
07/03/2022 06:00 AM
07/03/2022 05:00 PM
07/03/2022 05:00 PM
You must be in person, with your fish, at the weigh station.
07/03/2022 07:00 PM
07/04/2022 06:00 AM
07/04/2022 05:00 PM
07/04/2022 05:00 PM
You must be in person, with your fish, at the weigh station.
07/04/2022 07:00 PM
Awards Presentation, Live entertainment, Food and Drinks, Live Entertainment and July Fourth Celebrations
07/04/2022 07:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Available fishing days and hours (EDT)
July 1st, 2022 6:30 am – 5:00pm
July 2nd, 2022 6:30 am – 5:00 pm
July 3rd, 2022 6:30 am – 5:00pm
July 4th, 2022 6:30 am – 4:00pm
SCALES CLOSE AT 7:00 P.M. DAILY FOR GAMEFISH. BOATS MAY FISH THREE OUT OF THE 4 AVAILABLE FISHING DAYS.
Location: Pestell Beach Acklins Bahamas
WhatsApp: (242)476-4018 Phone: (242) 802-9776
OPEN AT 6:AM ON FIHSHING DAYS
YOU MUST ENTER LEVEL 1 BEFORE YOU CAN ENTER ANY OTHER LEVEL
Rules Committee: Pallaman Johnson Allan Francis, Cecil Clarke,
Committee Boat: To Be AnnounceD
Tournament Director: Henrinique Adderley, Contact: (242) 820-9776/ (242)476-4018
1. REGISTRATION – ALL BOATS MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE AND ENTRY FEE PAID TO QUALIFY FOR PRIZES AND TROPHIES. ANY BOAT MAY BE SUBSTITUTED DURING THE WEEK BUT MUST BE REGISTERED WITH THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE PRIOR TO FISHING. REGISTRATION FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE AFTA OFFICE OR THE CAPTAIN’S MEETING. THE TOURNAMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO DENY ENTRY TO ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. NO ENTRIES OR UPGRADES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 9:00 AM, FRIDAY MORNING.
2. RULES MEETING – AT LEAST ONE PERSON FROM EACH BOAT SHOULD ATTEND THE CAPTAIN’S MEETING FOR THE TOURNAMENT, WHICH WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF FISHING. REGARDLESS, ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THE TOURNAMENT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING ALL TOURNAMENT RULES, INCLUDING ANY CHANGES TO THE RULES THAT MAY TAKE PLACE AT THE CAPTAIN’S MEETING.
3. ROD & REEL RULES – THIS IS A ROD AND REEL, HOOK AND LINE TOURNAMENT. DOUBLE LINE AND LEADER COMBINED MAY NOT EXCEED 40 FT; NEITHER OF WHICH MAY EXCEED 30 FT. THE FOLLOWING PRACTICES ARE ILLEGAL IN THIS TOURNAMENT: A) USE OF HANDLINE OR ROPE ATTACHED TO THE LINE OR LEADER; B) SHOOTING, HARPOONING, OR LANCING; AND C) THE TRANSFER OF ANY PARTICIPANT FROM ONE BOAT TO ANOTHER TO AID IN THE LANDING OF THE FISH. BILL ROPE/”SNOOTER” IS ALLOWED. DRONES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THIS TOURNAMENT.
4. BOUNDARIES :ALL BOAT FISHING IN THE
MUST FISH IN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE OF BAHAMAS, ALL FISH MUST BE HOOKED IN THE BOUNDARIES’, BIMINI TO INAGUA (798KIL)
5. MANDATORY HOOK REQUIREMENTS – NON-OFFSET CIRCLE HOOKS ARE MANDATORY WHEN DEPLOYING NATURAL BAIT OR NATURAL BAIT/ARTIFICIAL LURES. “J” HOOKS ARE ALLOWED ON ARTIFICIAL LURES ONLY.
6. FISHING TIME AND LAYDAYS – NO LINES OR TEASERS ARE PERMITTED IN THE WATER BEFORE OFFICIAL FISHING HOURS EACH DAY. OFFICIAL TIME WILL BE GPS
7. REPORTING – ALL BILLFISH MUST BE REPORTED TO THE TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS WHEN HOOKED, LOST, BOATED OR RELEASED. RADIO FREQUENCY SHALL BE VHF CHANNEL 62 AND ALTERNATE CHANNEL 67 A. FISH HOOKED PRIOR TO OR AFTER FISHING HOURS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
8. QUALIFYING BLUE MARLIN – TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZE MONEY, A BLUE MARLIN MUST WEIGH AT LEAST FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS OR MEASURE AT LEAST ONE HUNDRED AND TEN INCHES. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE BY WEIGHT, THE MARLIN HAVING THE LARGEST TOTAL MEASUREMENT OF GIRTH PLUS LENGTH SHALL BE DECLARED THE WINNER. LENGTH SHALL BE MEASURED FROM THE V-NOTCH IN THE TAIL TO THE TIP OF THE LOWER JAW. NO OFFICIAL WEIGH SLIP WILL BE GIVEN FOR ANY DISQUALIFIED FISH. TOURNAMENT LAW IS THAT YOU MAY ONLY BOAT ONE BLUE MARLIN PER DAY.
IF NO QUALIFYING FISH IS WEIGHED IN LEVEL II, III, OR IV THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF PRIZE MONEY IN EACH LEVEL WILL BE PAID TO THE BOAT ENTERED IN EACH LEVEL WITH THE MOST RELEASE POINTS.
9. DISQUALIFICATION – BOAT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE TOURNAMENT IF:
1. THE BOAT, CAPTAIN AND/OR CREW VIOLATES ANY RULES OF THE TOURNAMENT UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN THESE RULES.
BLUE MARLIN IF THE TEAM PROVIDES INDISPUTABLE VIDEO OR PHOTO EVIDENCE TO THE RULES COMMITTEE. TO QUALIFY FOR THE 400 POINTS, TEAMS MUST TURN IN A RELEASE FORM IN PERSON ALONG WITH THE SD CARD, MICRO SD CARD OR COMPACT FLASH CARD FROM THEIR CAMERA. FORMS AND MEDIA CARDS CAN BE TURNED IN AT THE OFFICIAL WEIGH STATION IN MOREHEAD CITY OR TO THE TOURNAMENT REPRESENTATIVE AT PESTELL BEACH DOCK. THE MEDIA CARD AND RELEASE FORM MUST BE TURNED IN NO LATER THAN 10:00 P.M. ON THE DAY FISH IS RELEASED TO QUALIFY. THE MEDIA CARD MUST SHOW CONTINUOUS VIDEO OR A CLEAR SINGLE PHOTO OF THE MATE TOUCHING THE LEADER OR THE LEADER TOUCHING THE ROD TIP AND CLEAR AND INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE THAT THE FISH IS A BLUE MARLIN. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARTICIPANTS TO ENSURE THAT THEIR CAMERA’S CLOCK/DATE IS SET ACCURATELY TO REFLECT THE TIME AND DATE OF THE RELEASES TO QUALIFY FOR THE 400 POINTS. DATE AND TIME STAMP MUST BE 100% ACCURATE. ALL VIDEOS WILL BECOME PROPERTY OF THE ACKLINS MARLINS CLASSIC TOURNAMENT. IF THE RULES COMMITTEE IS UNABLE TO SEE INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE THAT THE FISH IS A BLUE MARLIN, THE RELEASE WILL BE SCORED AT 125 POINTS. THE TOURNAMENT WILL NOT ALLOW PHOTOS OR VIDEO FROM CELL PHONES.
2. IF A BILLFISH HAS BEEN BOATED AND NOT PRESENTED TO THE WEIGH MASTER. A FISH IS CONSIDERED BOATED WHEN ANY PORTION OF THE FISH BREAKS THE OUTSIDE VERTICAL PLANE OF THE BOAT.
3. IF A FISH ESCAPES BEFORE GAFFING AND IS RECAPTURED BY ANY METHOD OTHER THAN AS OUTLINED IN THE ANGLING RULES. NO FREE GAFFING ALLOWED.
4. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN YOU GAFF THE FISH IN ORDER TO MEASURE THE FISH AND THEN RELEASE THE FISH.
10. 400 POUND PENALTY – BOAT WILL BE PENALIZED FOUR HUNDRED POUNDS FROM THE WEIGHT OF THE LARGEST BLUE MARLIN
WEIGHED IN BY THE BOAT DURING THE WEEK BY SAID BOAT IS:
1. BLUE MARLIN DOES NOT MEET TOURNAMENT MINIMUM LENGTH AND/OR MINIMUM WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS
2. FISH DOES NOT ADHERE TO BAHAMAS AND MOA FISHERIES REGULATIONS
3. IF THE GAFF BREAKS THE VERTICAL PLANE OF THE BOAT, THE FISH CAN NO LONGER BE COUNTED AS A RELEASE AND NO POINTS WILL BE AWARDED. IF THE FISH IS LOST, THE TEAM WILL NOT BE PENALIZED 400 POINTS. IF THE FISH IS BOATED, IT MUST MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OR A 400 POUND PENALTY WILL BE ENFORCED.
11. LEVEL V FABULOUS FISHERMAN’S – THE WINNER OF LEVEL V WILL BE THE FIRST BLUE MARLIN REPORTED AND BOATED WEIGHING 500 LBS. OR MORE. QUALIFYING FISH MUST MEET ALL TOURNAMENT RULES. ALL BOATS PARTICIPATING IN THIS LEVEL MUST BE ENTERED IN LEVELS I, II, ILL AND IV. IF NO QUALIFYING FISH IS WEIGHED, PRIZE MONEY WILL ROLLOVER TO THE NEXT YEAR’S TOURNAMENT. A FISH MAY BE CALLED IN AS BOATED WHEN ANY PORTION OF THE FISH BREAKS THE OUTSIDE VERTICAL PLANE OF THE BOAT.
12. LEVEL VI SUPER 20 WTA – THE WINNER OF LEVEL VI WILL BE THE LARGEST QUALIFYING BLUE MARLIN. QUALIFYING FISH MUST WEIGH 400 LBS OR MORE AND MEET ALL TOURNAMENT RULES. BOATS MUST BE ENTERED IN LEVELS I, II, III, IV AND V TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SUPER CATEGORY. IF NO QUALIFYING FISH IS WEIGHED, PRIZE MONEY WILL ROLLOVER TO NEXT YEAR’S TOURNAMENT.
13. RELEASE POINTS – CASH PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED TO THE BOATS THAT SCORE THE MOST NUMBER OF POINTS FIRST. NO RELEASE POINTS WILL BE AWARDED IF THE GAFF BREAKS THE OUTSIDE VERTICAL PLANE OF THE BOAT. IN ORDER TO QUALIFY AS A RELEASE, THE BILLFISH MUST REMAIN IN THE WATER. (BAHAMAS LAWS).
14. LEVEL IX NON-SONAR RELEASE – ENTRY IN THIS LEVEL IS RESTRICTED TO: A) BOATS WITHOUT OMNIDIRECTIONAL SONAR TECHNOLOGY -OR- B) BOATS EQUIPPED WITH, BUT CHOOSE NOT TO USE, OMNIDIRECTIONAL SONAR TECHNOLOGY. PRIZE PAYOUTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR TOTAL WEEKLY RELEASE POINTS AND THE OVERALL DAILY RELEASE WINNER. WEEKLY PRIZES WILL BE DIVIDED AS FOLLOWS: 50% FIRST PLACE, 30% SECOND PLACE AND 20% THIRD PLACE. IF NO BILLFISH ARE RELEASED,
WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE LARGEST GAME FISH, (YELLOWFIN TUNA, DOLPHIN, WAHOO). IF ONLY TWO BOATS QUALIFY, PRIZE MONEY WILL BE SPLIT 60/40 FOR TWO PLACES. WINNERS MAY BE POLYGRAPHED (SEE RULE #24). DAILY PRIZE MONEY WILL BE DIVIDED BY THE NUMBER OF DAYS THAT A QUALIFYING FISH IS RELEASED. ALL OTHER AFTA RULES ARE ENFORCED FOR THIS LEVEL. ENTRANTS MUST ENTER LEVEL I AND MAY ENTER ADDITIONAL LEVELS AS STATED IN AFTA RULES
15.OUTBOARD LEVEL $500 ENTRY IN THIS LEVEL IS RESTRICTED TO OUTBOARD BOATS ONLY. NO INBOARDS, INBOARD-OUTBOARDS, JET POWERED OR AIRBOATS PERMITTED. NO SAILBOATS PERMITTED. ANY HYBRID OR COMBINATION ENGINE BOAT WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES IN THIS LEVEL. TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZE MONEY, A BLUE MARLIN MUST WEIGH AT LEAST 400 POUNDS OR MEASURE AT LEAST 110”. PRIZE MONEY FOR THE OUTBOARD LEVEL IS A GUARANTEED PURSE OF A MINIMUM OF $5,000. PRIZES WILL BE DIVIDED AS FOLLOWS: 50%/FIRST PLACE, 30%/SECOND PLACE AND 20%/ THIRD PLACE. IF NO BLUE MARLIN ARE CAUGHT QUALIFYING FOR FIRST, SECOND, AND/OR THIRD PLACE, WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED BY RELEASE POINTS. IF NO BILLFISH ARE CAUGHT OR RELEASED, WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE LARGEST GAMEFISH, (YELLOWFIN TUNA, DOLPHIN, WAHOO). IF ONLY TWO BOATS QUALIFY FOR THE CATCH AND RELEASE PRIZES, PRIZE MONEY WILL BE SPLIT 60/40 FOR TWO PLACES. WINNERS MAY BE POLYGRAPHED (SEE RULE #24). ALL OTHER BIG ROCK RULES ARE ENFORCED FOR THIS LEVEL. ENTRANTS MUST ENTER LEVEL I AND MAY ENTER ADDITIONAL LEVELS AS STATED IN AFTA RULES.
16. LEVEL XI OUTBOARD WTA RELEASE – BOATS MUST BE ENTERED IN LEVEL X-OUTBOARD 50/30/20 TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OUTBOARD WTA RELEASE CATEGORY. IF NO BILLFISH ARE RELEASED, THE WINNER WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE BOAT ENTERED IN LEVEL XI OUTBOARD WTA RELEASE WITH THE LARGEST WEIGHED GAMEFISH.
17.BAHAMAS- REGULATIONS ALL VESSELS AND PARTICIPANTS SHALL COMPLY WITH BAHAMAS MOA FISHERIES LAW AND REGULATIONS REGARDING FISHING LICENSES, VESSEL PERMITS, FISHING GEAR, SEASON SIZE LIMITS AND BAG LIMITS. PARTICIPANTS SHALL ALSO ADHERE TO ALL AFTA AS CONTAINED HEREIN.
18. GAMEFISH – WINNING GAMEFISH WILL BE DETERMINED BY WEIGHT. IN THE EVENT OF A TIE, THE WINNER WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE FIRST FISH WEIGHED-IN. FISH MUST BE IN FRESH EDIBLE CONDITION AND FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. ALL GAMEFISH MUST BE WEIGHED IN THE DAY THEY ARE CAUGHT. HOOKUP TIME FOR GAMEFISH SHOULD NOT BE REPORTED TO TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS. LEVEL VII – “WINNER TAKE ALL – DOLPHIN” PRIZE MONEY WILL ROLLOVER TO THE NEXT YEAR’S TOURNAMENT IF NO QUALIFYING FISH IS WEIGHED. GAMEFISH ARE DEFINED AS YELLOWFIN TUNA, DOLPHIN AND WAHOO. IF NO QUALIFYING GAMEFISH ARE CAUGHT IN LEVEL I, THE TOURNAMENT WILL RETAIN THE MONEY.
19. WEIGH-IN – ALL BLUE MARLIN AND GAMEFISH ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES MUST BE OFF-LOADED AND WEIGHED AT THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT WEIGH STATION FROM THE BOAT LANDING THE FISH UNLESS AUTHORIZED BY THE WEIGH MASTER AT THE WEIGH STATION. THE FISH MUST BE ENTERED ON THE OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM BY THE TOURNAMENT WEIGH MASTER. BLUE MARLIN TAKE PRIORITY OVER GAMEFISH AT THE SCALES. THE SAME SCALES AND WEIGH STATION WILL BE USED FOR ALL FISH. GAMEFISH SCALES WILL CLOSE AT 7:00 P.M. THE WEIGH STATION IS LOCATED PESTELL BEACH DOCK VIRTUAL APP. ALL BILLFISH WEIGHED IN SHALL BE DONATED FOR RESEARCH. THE WEIGH MASTER HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY FISH IN HIS SOLE DISCRETION.
THE WEIGH STATION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE LAST BOATED BLUE MARLIN OF THE DAY IS WEIGHED.
20. PRIZE PAYOUT SCHEDULE – PRIZE MONEY CHECKS WILL BE MADE PAYABLE TO THE PERSON OR ENTITY SO INDICATED ON THE REGISTRATION FORM OF THE WINNING BOAT. #SS, #NIB NUMBER OR TAXPAYER I.D. NUMBER OF THE RECIPIENT MUST BE PROVIDED ON THE ENTRY FORM. ALL UNDISPUTED FUNDS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED 10 DAYS AFTER THE TOURNAMENT.
21. PROTEST – ANY PROTEST BY ANY PARTICIPANT AGAINST THE CATCH OF ANOTHER PARTICIPANT MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING TO THE TOURNAMENT RULES COMMITTEE. NO PROTESTS ARE ALLOWED AGAINST THE TOURNAMENT. ANY PROTEST MUST BE RECEIVED BY 9:00 A.M. ON THE DAY FOLLOWING THE CATCH OF THE DISPUTED FISH AND BY 7:00 P.M. ON THE LAST DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT. ANY MEMBER OF THE RULES COMMITTEE OR THE WEIGH MASTER (IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION), RETAINS THE RIGHT TO HOLD AND KEEP ANY FISH DEEMED QUESTIONABLE BY HIM WITH RESPECT TO BEING QUALIFIED FOR ANY PRIZE OR CASH AWARD. IF RETENTION OF THE FISH IS REFUSED, THE FISH IS AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIED.
22. DISPUTE RESOLUTION – A PROTEST BY ONE PARTICIPANT AGAINST THE CATCH OF ANOTHER MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH RULE 21. ALL OTHER DISPUTES, CONTROVERSIES, OR CLAIMS OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE TOURNAMENT (HEREINAFTER, “DISPUTE” OR “DISPUTES”), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL DISPUTES CONCERNING DECISIONS BY TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS, BOARDS, OR COMMITTEES, MUST BE SUBMITTED IN WRITING TO THE RULES COMMITTEE NO LATER THAN 6:00 P.M. ON THE LAST FISHING DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT. FAILURE TO SUBMIT ANY SUCH DISPUTES IN WRITING BY THAT DATE AND TIME SHALL CONSTITUTE A WAIVER AND RELEASE OF ANY AND ALL SUCH DISPUTES.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE TOURNAMENT IN ANY WAY, THE INTERESTED PARTIES SHALL USE THEIR BEST EFFORTS TO SETTLE SUCH DISPUTE BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT. TO THIS EFFECT, RESPONSIBLE, AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES OF THE INTERESTED PARTIES SHALL MEET, CONSULT, AND NEGOTIATE WITH EACH OTHER IN GOOD FAITH (WITH OR WITHOUT A THIRD-PARTY MEDIATOR, AS THEY MAY CHOOSE) AND ATTEMPT TO REACH A MUTUALLY SATISFACTORY SOLUTION. IN THE EVENT THEY DO NOT REACH SUCH A SOLUTION WITHIN A PERIOD OF FIVE (5) DAYS AFTER THE FIRST NOTICE BY ANY PARTY TO ANY OTHER OF THE EXISTENCE OF THE DISPUTE, THEN WITHOUT WAIVING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS IN THESE RULES CONCERNING THE ABSOLUTE DISCRETION AND FINALITY OF DECISIONS MADE BY THE TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS, BOARDS, OR COMMITTEES, THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MEANS FOR RESOLUTION OF ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE THE PROCEDURES SET FORTH BELOW:
PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO EXTEND OR REDUCE THE TIME FOR DISCOVERY IN A MANNER CONSISTENT WITH A GENERAL DESIRE FOR EXPEDITED RESOLUTION OF THE DISPUTE.
AVAILABLE FISHING DAYS AND HOURS: (EDT)
TIME THE USE OF OMNIDIRECTIONAL SONAR TECHNOLOGY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED BEFORE OFFICIAL FISH- ING HOURS EACH DAY. FISHING DAYS FOR ALL ELIGIBLE BOATS SHALL BE ANY TWO OUT OF THE AVAILABLE OUR DAYS, CAPTAIN’S CHOICE. NO SINGLE BOAT CAN FISH MORE THAN 2 TOTAL DAYS DURING THE TOURNAMENT. LAY DAY FORMS MAY BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON AT THE AFTA OFFICE, PESTELL BEACH ACKLINS OR BY USING YOUR AFTA APP ACCOUNT. LAY DAY FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO 9 AM ON THE DAY DECLARED AS A NON-FISHING DAY. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS ON TIME. IF A BOAT DOES NOT DECLARE A DAY AS NON-FISHING, THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE WILL AUTOMATICALLY COUNT THE DAY TO BE A FISHING DAY FOR THAT BOAT.
BAHAMAS MOA FISHERIES LAWS AND REGULATIONS REGARDING FISHING LICENSES, VESSEL PERMITS, FISHING GEAR, SEASON SIZE LIMITS AND BAG LIMITS. PARTICIPANTS SHALL ALSO ADHERE TO ALL AFTA AS CONTAINED HEREIN.
A) THE DISPUTE SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO ARBITRATION UNDER THE BAHAMAS LAWS OF MOA
B) ALL NEGOTIATIONS, MEDIATIONS, AND ARBITRATION HEARINGS SHALL TAKE PLACE IN, ACKLINS BAHAMAS AND NO OTHER PLACE INTERESTED PARTIES MAY AGREE UPON IN WRITING.
C) THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE CONDUCTED BY A SINGLE ARBITRATOR WHO IS A RETIRED THE BAHAMAS JUDGE OR AN ATTORNEY WHOSE PRACTICE EXPERIENCE INCLUDES COMMERCIAL LITIGATION. THE ARBITRATOR MUST BE A RESIDENT OF THE BAHAMAS. IN THE EVENT
THE INTERESTED PARTIES CANNOT AGREE UPON AN ARBITRATOR, THE DECISION SHALL BE MADE BY A RESIDENT SUPERIOR COURT JUDGE OF NASSAU OR ACKLINS BAHAMAS.
D) PRIOR TO ANY ARBITRATION HEARING, LIMITED DISCOVERY SHALL BE PERMITTED FOR THE PURPOSE OF OBTAINING PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTS AND TAKING DEPOSITIONS. ALL DISCOVERY SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE BAHAMAS RULE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE. ALL ISSUES REGARDING DISCOVERY REQUESTS SHALL BE DECIDED BY THE ARBITRATOR. ALL DISCOVERY SHALL BE COMPLETED WITHIN 90 DAYS AFTER THE SELECTION OF THE ARBITRATOR;
E) ALL FEES AND EXPENSES FOR THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE BORNE BY THE PARTIES EQUALLY. HOWEVER, EACH PARTY SHALL BEAR THE EXPENSE OF SAID PARTY’S OWN COUNSEL, EXPERTS, WITNESSES, AND PREPARATION AND PRESENTATION OF PROOFS. ONLY IN THE CASE OF EXTREME ABUSE OF THE PROCEDURE MAY THE ARBITRATOR REALLOCATE SUCH COSTS AND EXPENSES AMONG THE PARTIES.
F) ANY ARBITRAL AWARD MAY BE ENFORCED BY AN ACTION IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE .BAHAMAS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE CONSTRUED, INTERPRETED, AND ENFORCED UNDER THE LAWS AND JUDICIAL DECISIONS OF THE BAHAMAS, NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PRINCIPLE OF CONFLICTS OF LAW. IN THE EVENT ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE DECLARED ILLEGAL, INVALID, OR VOID, SUCH DECLARATION SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OF ANY OF THE OTHER TERMS OR PROVISIONS OF THIS DOCUMENT.
23. WEIGHT ALTERATION – ATTEMPTED WEIGHT ALTERATION OF ANY BLUE MARLIN OR GAMEFISH WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION AND AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY THE BOAT FROM THE TOURNAMENT. IGFA RULES APPLY REGARDING MUTILATED FISH. THE RULES COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CUT OPEN ANY FISH FOR INSPECTION OF SUSPECTED WEIGHT ALTERING EFFORTS SUCH AS INSERTED WEIGHTS, ICE, WATER, ETC.
24. POLYGRAPH – POLYGRAPH TESTS SHALL BE ADMINISTERED TO CAPTAINS, MATES AND OTHERS AS DEEMED NECESSARY BY TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS. PARTICIPANTS MUST MAKE THEMSELVES AVAILABLE FOR POLYGRAPH TESTING IN ADMINISTRATOR IN WITHIN 24 HOURS FOLLOWING NOTICE FROM TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS. INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE THE POLYGRAPH TEST MUST NOT CONSUME ALCOHOL OR ANY CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE WITHIN EIGHT HOURS PRIOR TO THE TEST. A PARTICIPANT’S REFUSAL TO TAKE A POLYGRAPH TEST OR FAILURE TO ANSWER TEST QUESTIONS IN A MANNER SATISFACTORY TO TOURNAMENT OFFICIALS, IN THEIR SOLE DISCRETION, MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. BY ENTERING THE TOURNAMENT, PARTICIPANTS CONSENT TO THE ADMISSIBILITY OF POLYGRAPH RESULTS IN ANY DISPUTE OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT.
25. WITHDRAWAL – NO LEVEL I FEES WILL BE REFUNDED. 100% OF ALL OTHER LEVELS WILL BE REFUNDED 14 DAYS AFTER THE TOURNAMENT AND FOLLOWING COLLECTION AND CLEARING OF ALL FUNDS PAID. ALL REFUND REQUESTS MUST BE RECEIVED IN WRITING BY 9:00 AM ON MONDAY PRIOR TO THE TOURNAMENT AT TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS.
26. VIOLATION OF RULES – ANY BOAT VIOLATING ANY OF THESE TOURNAMENT RULES OR ANY BOAT CONTAINING A PARTICIPANT VIOLATING ANY OF THESE TOURNAMENT RULES IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE TOURNAMENT (UNLESS ANOTHER SANCTION FOR A PARTICULAR VIOLATION IS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN). BY PARTICIPATING IN THE TOURNAMENT, ALL PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ALL TOURNAMENT RULES ARE MATERIAL AND THAT DISQUALIFICATION IS A PERMITTED AND APPROPRIATE SANCTION FOR ANY VIOLATION OF ANY TOURNAMENT RULES. DECISIONS REGARDING THE INTERPRETATION OF RULES, VIOLATION OF RULES, PENALTIES, AND THE SUSPENSION OF ANY RULES OR PENALTIES WILL BE MADE BY RULES COMMITTEE AND/OR BOARD OF DIRECTORS IN THEIR SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION. ALL DECISIONS BY RULES COMMITTEE AND/OR BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE FINAL AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO FURTHER CHALLENGE BY PARTICIPANTS.
15% OF FEES RETAINED BY TOURNAMENT EXCEPT FOR LEVEL I. (SEE PRIZE SCHEDULE FOR LEVEL I)
All participants in the Marlins Classic must comply with the tournament rules as set forth by the committee.
- No mutilated fish.
- All participants must register their boat by “BOAT NAME”.
- This is a boat tournament.
- Registration is from 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m., on Friday, at Pestell Beach Bar and Grille, Pestell Beach Acklins Island.
- The tournament challenge is open from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., on Friday, at Pestell Beach Bar and Grille
- There is a mandatory Captain’s Meeting at 7:00 p.m., on Friday, at Pestell Beach Bar and Grille.
- Boats may leave docks after midnight Friday.
- Fishing times: “lines in”, 7:00 a.m., “lines out” 5:00 p.m. on Saturday,
- Weigh-in begins at 5:00 p.m., Saturday, at Pestell Beach Bar and Grille.
- Dock time is 7:00 p.m., on Saturday, at Pestell Beach Dock. You must be in person, with your fish, at the weigh station.
- This is a Marlins tournament, but Dolphin Fish, Wahoo, Tuna and Snapper are also included.
- If no Marlins are caught, then Dolphin Fish rule, if no Dolphin Fish are caught then Wahoo rule, if no Wahoo, Tuna rule. Snapper Rules would only be based on largest Quantity
- You may weigh-in only one of each qualifying species per boat.
- Please practice conservation when possible.
- Largest fish will be determined by weight, then length, then earliest time weighed in.
- The AFTA/BIVFTA Marlins Classic Tournament is held in the Bahamas. With the tournament being held at the peak of Marlins season in one of the most prolific fishing destinations in the world, teams across the country and Caribbean are being drawn to compete in this world-class event. This tournament has no boundaries, allowing teams to fish the richest areas of the Bahamas in search of monster Marlins, Wahoo and Tuna.
- Remember to have your GPS tracking turned on.
- Virtual Participants: You may leave from any port in The Bahamas.
- In-Person Participants : May Leave from Pestell Beach/Harbor
- All Weight in are to be in Pestell Beach
- Monitor Channel 67 throughout the day and talk to the dock master on 68 when weighing in.
- The tournament will conclude with Awards Presentation 11:00 a.m., Pestell Beach Bar and Grille.
- Trophies will be awarded to the largest three fish of each species.
- The Tournament will pay out $10,000 for 1st place Marlin,( Click link for more details)$5,000 for 2nd Place Marlin, and $3,000 for 3rd Place Marlin.$5,000 for 1st Place Wahoo Also $5,000 for 1st Tuna and $5,000 for 1st Place Dolphin. Most Snapper $1,500
Disclaimer Click to Read
RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE
ACKINS FISHING TOURNAMENT ASSOCIATION AND ACKLINS FISHING TOURNAMENT AND FESTIVAL
For good valuable consideration, including without limitation the acceptance of the undersigned's entry or participation in the Acklins Fishing Tournament & Festival (the "Event") and being permitted to participate in certain related activities, the undersigned, for himself and his personal representatives, heirs, guest, invitees, employees and crew members hereby (1) RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the following:
ACKINS FISHING TOURNAMENT ASSOCIATION
ACKLINS FISHING TOURNAMENT AND FESTIVAL
and their chapters, subsidiaries, related entities, respective members, volunteers, heirs, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and subcontractors (collectively, the "Releasees") from all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, and for all loss or damage, and all claims or damages therefore, on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to the undersigned, his guests, invitee, employees or crew, during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event and related activities or while the undersigned is competing, or participating, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; (2) AGREES
TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees and each of them from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, damages, liabilities, losses and judgments (collectively, the "Claims") of or by all guests, invitee, employees and crew of the undersigned for bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage which they may suffer or incur during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or related activities, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; and (3) ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for and risk of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to himself, his guests, invitees, employees or crew and his boat and equipment due to negligence of Releasees or otherwise during the Event or while participating in the Event or related activities or while in or on the Event premises and the common properties and recreational areas and adjacent docks, piers and boat slips
YOU PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT AT YOU OWN RISK. ACKINS FISHING TOURNAMENT ASSOCIATION AND ACKLINS FISHING TOURNAMENT AND FESTIVAL WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE for any injuries or property damage resulting, caused by or growing out of the use of the Marina, docks or harbor facilities, including for any negligent conditions. By participating in the event, you RELEASE AND DISCHARGE ACKINS FISHING TOURNAMENT ASSOCIATION AND ACKLINS FISHING TOURNAMENT AND FESTIVAL from any and all liability for loss, injury (including death), or damages to person or property sustained while participating, including but not limited to damages or injuries caused by fire, theft, vandalism, wind storm, high or low waters, hail, rain, ice, collision or accident, or any other Act of God, whether on boat, in water, on dock, on land or otherwise.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ACKLINS FISHING TOURNAMENT AND FESTIVAL shall not be responsible for any damages to any boat resulting from Acts of God (i.e., causes of nature), collisions or accidents, or has been damaged or sunk or any debris from boat owner’s boat.
The undersigned agrees to pay all of the Releasees' costs of defending all Claims and further agrees that this Release, Indemnification and Agreement Not to Sue is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Bahamas and that, if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
The undersigned party agrees to allow ACKLINS FISHING TOURNAMENT ASSOCIATION AND ACKLINS FISHING TOURNAMENT AND FESTIVAL to use any photographs or video taken by ACKLINS FISHING TOURNAMENT AND FESTIVAL. volunteers or staff to be used on ACKLINS FISHING TOURNAMENT AND FESTIVAL websites, Social Media pages and/or for promotional materials and distribution to the general media as it pertains to the Event.