Chesapeake Fishing Open 2021
Herve SattaStriped Bass
Steve OrrStriped Bass
Shane MooreStriped Bass
Rich JenkinsStriped Bass
Jennifer BlakeStriped Bass
Adam SmithStriped Bass
brian saboStriped Bass
Kayla HaileStriped Bass
Jeff MarkleyStriped Bass
Krysten MedleyStriped Bass
Nicholas GarrottStriped Bass
Need Help? Contact Us
The Tournament Identifier is: CFO
Please include the letters CFO written on your hand, ruler or otherwise visible in each picture you submit.
Join us on Saturday, October 9th, 2021 for the:
Chesapeake Fishing Open
Founded in 2019, The Chesapeake Fishing Open was created to be a fun and competitive day of fishing that supports local non-profit organizations who focus on improving water quality and promoting conservation efforts in and around the Patapsco River and Harbor Basins.
This event is open to all who wish to participate with registration is open through 8pm on Oct 8th, the night before fishing via this page or at the captains meeting.
$75 per individual with a maximum of 6 participants on one boat. $450 for a 6 person team registration
- Sign Up for a free iAnglertournament.com account and log in to the account.
- Return to this page and click the register button
- Do you have all 6 team members and their contact information? Register as a team for $450
- 1-5 team members register as $75 individual(s) and include team name for all participants(if applicable)
- Questions? Contact David Sikorski @ 443-621-9186 or firstname.lastname@example.org
$4000 Grand Prize- Largest 3 Fish Stringer by length, any combination of striped Bass, snakehead or catfish
$1,000- First Place Prize- Longest Fish by Length for each species - Striped Bass, Snakehead and Catfish-
$500- Second Place Prize- Tochtermans Gift Cards - 2nd longest fish by length for each species - Striped Bass, Snakehead and Catfish
$250-Third Place Prize- Tochtermans Gift Cards - 3rd longest fish by length for each species - Striped Bass, Snakehead, Catfish
Top Lady Angler - Longest fish of any qualifying species caught by a lady angler
Top Youth - Longest fish of any qualifying species caught by a youth angler 17 and under.
NEW ADDITION: Heaviest Catfish & Snakehead: $250 cash & $250 Under Armour Gift Certificiate
Events & Schedule:
Food and Beverages for Participants
Friday, October 8thst 5:00- 7:00pm at
Nicks Fish House
2600 Insulator Drive
Baltimore, MD 21230
***Pick up your required official 2021 measuring stick at the Captains’ meeting, along with your Skipper’s Bag with tee shirts and other goodies, plus your tickets for Saturday’s party and awards ceremony.
7am - 3pm Saturday October 9th, 2021
PARTY & AWARDS CEREMONY:
Saturday, October 9th
4:00-8:00pm, awards at 5:00pm,
Nick’s Fish House.
2600 Insulator Drive
Baltimore, MD 21230
Food and beverages served for all registered participants with tickets.
Additional tickets are available for purchase at the door for guests.
Band plays until 10:00pm.
TRASH CLEAN UP with the Maryland Waterways Foundation & CCA Maryland
For those who aren't fishing, join us to pitch in and clean up the area around Nick's Fish House.
Saturday, October 9th
1:00pm -4:00 PM
$450 USDTeam Event
Min: 1 Angler
Max: 6 Angler
$75 USDIndividual Angler
Tournament is over
Tournament Photo Identifier & Rules Update
3 months 2 weeks ago
5 months 1 day ago
Events & Schedule
Captains Meeting & Party
10/08/2021 06:30 PM
Lines In - Start Fishing!
10/09/2021 07:00 AM
Lines Out/Photo Submission Deadline
10/09/2021 03:00 PM
10/09/2021 04:00 PM
10/09/2021 05:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
1. All fish must be caught on hook and line following all Maryland DNR rules and regulations
2. Fishing Area: an area South of the Conowingo Dam to North of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Kent
Narrows Bridge (US 50/301) and all tidal waters in between these two lines.
3. Eligible Fish: Striped Bass (Catch, Photo, Release Division), Catfish, Northern Snakehead
4. Fishing Hours: Legal fishing begins at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 9th, 2021. You must submit your photo via iAngler Tournament by 3:00pm or in person at the Tournament Judging Station at Nick's Fish House by 4:00 p.m. to have your fish entered.
5. Measurement of Rockfish: In order to have your fish judged, you must submit a clear and readable digital photo of your fish measured resting directly along side or on top of the official 2021 measuring stick before the 3:00 p.m. Lines out/Photo Submission deadline via the iAngler Tournament app or in person at Nick's Fish House by 4:00pm.
All measurements will be determined by length measured from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail to the nearest quarter inch. The tail may be pinched.
In case of a tie, the fish measured first will be the winner.
Put the measuring stick on the deck of your boat. Lay the fish on top of the measuring stick with the snout of the fish on the zero mark and the tip of the tail on the higher number. Include the entire fish in the photo.
The unique photo indicator symbol announced during the Captains Meeting must be visible in the photo. (Ink it on your hand or on a durable card with a Sharpie).
You are responsible for getting the snout of the fish exactly on the zero end of the measuring stick. The judges cannot allow any adjustment for a snout that appears to be past the end of the stick. It helps to jam the measuring stick against a vertical surface such as a bulkhead or the side of the cockpit to ensure that the zero mark (end of the stick) and the snout of the fish are even.
It is helpful in the judging process to have two or three photos of your fish on the measuring stick, clearly showing the length, but your best picture should be the one you submit via the iAnglertournament app.
6. Potential winners must sign in at the Judging Station prior by 4:00 p.m. for an interview with the judges and to receive a certified measurement card to become eligible to win.
The judges also reserve the right to examine the embedded metadata of any photo image to confirm the validity of a claim. Photos with edited or missing metadata may be disallowed at the judges’ discretion.
7. Calcuttas: As a courtesy, the Chesapeake Rockfish Open judges will provide certified measurements of fish entered in the Calcuttas. You will need to visit the judging station to obtain your certified measurement card. Calcutta managers must provide a complete list of participants to the judges
8. Safety: All participants and guests of participants are responsible for their own personal safety and the security of their personal property and expressly assume any and all risks to their personal safety and well-being as a result of their participation in the catch & release tournament. It is a pre-condition of participation in the Chesapeake Fishing Open Tournament that all participants shall release and hold harmless the Chesapeake Fishing Open, Coastal Conservation Association Maryland and any sponsors from any and all claims, losses, costs and expenses, personal injuries, wrongful deaths and property damage, whatsoever, arising from or during participation in the Chesapeake Fishing Open Tournament. By electing to participate in the Chesapeake Fishing Open Tournament, all participants agree to, and grant this release of liability and shall not be permitted to withdraw or disavow that release of liability.
Disclaimer Click to Read
For good and valuable consideration, including without limitation the acceptance of the registered participants entry or participation in the Chesapeake Fishing Open(the "Event") and being permitted to participate in certain related activities, the registered participant, for his or herself and his or her personal representatives, heirs, guest, invitees, employees, and team or crew members hereby
(1) RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE Chesapeake Fishing Open, subsidiaries, related entities, respective members, volunteers, heirs, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, sponsors and subcontractors, (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability to the registered participant, his or her personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, and for all loss or damage, and all claims or damages therefore, on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death, property or other damage of or to the undersigned, his or her guests, invitees, employees, team or crew, during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or its Rules or related activities or while the registered participant is competing, or participating, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or alleged negligence of Releasees ;
(2) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees and each of them from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, damages, liabilities, losses and judgments (collectively, the "Claims") of or by all guests, invitees, employees, and team or crew of the registered participant for bodily injury, personal injury, death, property or other damage which they may suffer or incur during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or its Rules or related activities, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or alleged negligence of Releasees; and,
(3) ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the risk or occurrence of bodily injury, personal injury, death, property or other damage of or to his or herself, his or her guests, invitees, employees, and team or crew and to his or her boat and equipment due to negligence of Releasees or otherwise during the Event or while participating in the Event or related activities or while in or on the Event premises, which includes but is not limited to, its common properties, recreational areas, and adjacent docks, piers, and boat slips. Participant further assumes the responsibility for and acknowledges all dangers associated with weather and sea conditions;
(4) Anyone entering this Tournament is required to abide by the Tournament Rules. Disqualifications will be determined by the Tournament Judges consisting of three (3) Chesapeake Fishing Open Representatives. Any protest must state the rule violated and be received by the tournament judges photo Check-in Deadline. All team participants, including team members, guides and boat drivers are responsible for knowing, understanding, and abiding by these Rules. Failure of any team participant to follow tournament rules or procedures will result in disqualification of the team in violation or non-compliance.
Questions and comments concerning any Rule may be directed to the Tournament Director/Co-Chair. In all Tournament matters, the decisions of the tournament committee are final.
The registered participant agrees to pay all of the Releases’ costs of defending all Claims and further agrees that this Release, Hold Harmless and Agreement Not to Sue is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Maryland and that, if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
The registered participant also gives permission to use her / his name and / or picture in any published report or coverage of the event.