1st Annual Fish To Fight Cancer [Cancelled]
Need Help? Contact Us
1st Annual Fish To Fight Cancer
June 26 - 27, 2021
Please join us for the 1st Annual, Fish To Fight Cancer kayak fishing benefit tournament. Brought to you by the creators of the Estero Kayak Challenge. This annual event was created to help families suffering with the financial burden that comes from battling cancer. No one should have to face this alone.
The 2021 online tournament is being held on June 26th & 27th. The Fish To Fight Cancer event is a multi-species, saltwater tournament. The target species are rockfish, lingcod, calico bass, cabezon, and halibut. The tournament is open to the entire California coast. This years tournament will award prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Prizes include a custom rod package, custom gaffs, and more. Entry is $50 and ALL proceeds go to a family that could use a little extra support during their battle of a lifetime.
This years Fish To Fight Cancer benefit tournament will be sponsoring Mariel Aceves-Williams. “JustPaulWilliamsJr” from Above The Hook Productions better half. She has been fighting breast cancer since 2017. Mariel has gone through multiple surgeries, chemo therapy, radiation and a mastectomy. Mariel is one of the most positive, compassionate, selfless people in this world and it is our honor to support her through this fight.
Join us from your own local waters on June 26 & 27 for some friendly competition and help us Fish To Fight Cancer.
Tournament Boundaries: Pacific Coast, California
You can submit multiple fish over the 2 days but only your single biggest submission of each species is what will be judged. Highest points total will be the winner. Ties will be settled by judges coin toss, all judges decisions are final.
- Rockfish - 5 points per inch
- Lingcod - 5 points per inch
- Calico Bass - 5 points per inch
- Cabezon - 10 points per inch
- Halibut - 10 points per inch
- 6:00 AM Lines in the water
- 5:00 PM Lines out of the water
$50 USDIndividual Angler
Tournament is over
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
2 months 2 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
2 months 2 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Lines in the Water
06/26/2021 06:00 AM
Lines out of the Water
06/27/2021 05:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Rules and Regulations
Tournament Timeline: 2021 Fish To Fight Cancer
Dates: June 26 - June 27, 2021
Begins June 26 @ 0600
Ends June 27 @ 1700
Open to anyone 18 years of age or older.
ALL participants must wear a PFD at all times during the tournament. Not doing so is grounds for disqualification.
Anglers are encouraged to have a VHF radio in their possession and to have some form of signaling device (whistle, horn, flare, etc.).
Only human powered vessels are allowed.
Kayaks (paddle or pedal powered) and stand-up paddle boards (SUP’s) are acceptable.
NO gasoline or electric motor propelled boats, sail boats, or float tubes.
No use of fishing guides is allowed.
The use of a mothership is allowed for specific species only. See the points matrix for a list of “mothership approved” species.
Approved Fishing Techniques:
- All fish must be caught by rod and reel only.
- Artificial lures and live or dead bait, including bait scents are approved.
- All anglers are responsible for having a valid California fishing license in their possession while fishing.
- All anglers are responsible to know and follow all CA Department of Fish & Wildlife rules and regulations including size and daily bag limits, plus required equipment rules.
- NO pier, shore, hand line, cast or drag net, bow or spear fishing is allowed.
- All fish must be caught by the angler.
- Fishing partners may not help land a partner’s fish or share their catch. This is grounds for disqualification.
- Fishing partners may help with taking pictures.
You can submit multiple fish over the 2 days but only your single biggest submission of each species is what will be judged. Highest points total will be the winner. Ties will be settled by judge’s coin toss; all judges’ decisions are final.
Rockfish - 5 points per inch
Lingcod - 5 points per inch
Calico Bass - 5 points per inch
Cabezon - 10 points per inch
Halibut - 10 points per inch
This is a CPR (catch, picture, release) tournament but we don’t care if you keep your fish. The tournament is being run through the iAngler Tournament management app. During the tournament, the anglers use the mobile app to photograph their catch and record basic information. This can be done while on the water or once back on land. The catch record is immediately transmitted to the web portal for review by the Tournament Director (if there is an active internet connection), if an internet connection (usually cellular) is not available, the catch record is saved for transmission later. All photos must be submitted through the app.
All Scoring is based on length, in inches. At this time the Hawg Trough bump board and the Yak-Gear Fish Stik are the preferred measuring devices.
Photo submission rules and guidelines:
All fish that will fit on the approved measuring device must be photographed in the following manner: See image below for proper technique.
- All fish must be lying on the measuring device with their head facing to the left, lip against the wall of the bump board, and with their dorsal fin pointing up or away from the angler. The mouth does not need to be closed.
- A lipping device may be used to keep the fish secure if you take the photo while on the water. But, it must not obstruct the view of the lip or mouth contacting the wall of the bump board. If the lipping device obstructs this view the photo will be disqualified.
- All inch lines and numbers must be clearly visible and legible in the photo. Make sure the lines and numbers on your board are marked clearly and that they can be seen in your photo (highlighted with a black marker).
- The tournament identifier with the unique monthly code, must be clearly visible in the photo. See tournament ID guidelines
- You are allowed to submit two photos per fish.
- One photo must show the entire fish on the board. It must clearly show a portion of its mouth touching the bump board and also show where its tail lands on the measuring board. The tournament ID must be visible in this photo.
- The second, photo should focus on the tail showing a closeup of the measurement.
- Your photos must also show that the photo was taken from a kayak.
- Any photo or photos not following these guidelines will be disqualified, possibly resulting in the disqualification of the fish.
- We encourage you to take more than one photo of each fish in case some pictures turn out poorly or in case we need further photos to verify validity. If you fail to provide photos that clearly meet the above standards or verify the entire length of your catch or if the photo identifier is not in the picture, then your fish will be disqualified.
Rules Violations and Cheating:
All rules violations will be investigated fully. Anyone found to be violating the rules will be penalized or disqualified depending on the violation.
In the case of a rule’s violations and cheating, all decisions are final.
Altering Rules and Information:
We reserve the right to alter or modify the above rules and information in the case of safety concerns or in the instance of cheating, theft, or unlawful activity. In the event of unforeseen conditions including, but not limited to, unsafe weather or surf conditions, necessary rules changes, or a change in format or venue, Momentum Paddle Sports, Inc., reserves the right to act in the best interest of participant safety and fairness. This may result in changing the overall length or format of the tournament and associated events, either temporarily or permanently. Any and all changes will be announced to participants via email as soon as possible.
All entry fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Release of Liability/Waivers:
To participate in the tournament, you must read and agree to the photo release and release of liability/waiver provided during registration. Upon filling out the registration and entering, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the release of liability and the rules of the tournament.Print
Disclaimer Click to Read
WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any Momentum Paddle Sports, Inc event including events held by dba’s PRO Kayak Fishing (PKF) and Central Coast Kayaks (CCK) which includes sport fishing activities or related events and activities, the undersigned agrees to the following:
1. I acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of
damage to personal property, or serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from my own actions, inactions or negligence, but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, as a result of kayaking, fishing, wading in the water and swimming, including but not limited to perils of sea and waterways, acts of other participants, adverse sea and weather conditions, and I hereby assume complete responsibility and liability for such risks. Further, there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
2. I do hereby release, waive, discharge and COVENANT NOT TO SUE Momentum Paddle Sports, Inc., its subsidiaries, directors, agents, employees, sponsors or any other individual in any way associated with Momentum Paddle Sports Inc., all of which are hereinafter referred to as Releasee, from any and all liability to me, my heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence or any other actions of the Releasees or otherwise.
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN
IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
4. I certify that my physical condition and training are adequate to enable me to compete safely in Momentum Paddle Sports, Inc. events.
5. I hereby grant full permission to Momentum Paddle Sports, Inc. and their subsidiaries and any and all of the sponsors of this event or their representatives to use any photographs, video, or any other records of this event for any purpose whatever.
6. All prizes may be subject to federal and/or state taxes. Momentum Paddle Sports, Inc. assumes no responsibility for a winner's’ failure to report awarded prizes to the appropriate taxing authorities.
7. This waiver may not be modified in any way. If any part of this waiver is determined to be invalid by law, all other parts of this waiver shall remain valid and enforceable.
8a. I hereby warrant and represent that I am over 18 years of age and have signed this WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE freely and voluntarily.
8b.I hereby warrant and represent that I am the parent or legal guardian for the named participant, and that I have signed this WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE freely and voluntarily in my capacity as their parent or legal guardian on the their behalf.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.