First Community Bank: MBKFA - 2017 AOY
Jeffrey FosterSpeckled Trout
Fran LoweChannel Cat Fish
William HolbergSpeckled Trout
Kyle McDowellSpeckled Trout
Roger MimsRed Drum (Redfish)
Nathan RichWhite Trout
Marlee HayesRed Drum (Redfish)
Justin DunnamBlack Crappie
Brian CarsonLarge Mouth Bass
Blake SundaySpeckled Trout
Chris TregreSpeckled Trout
Joseph DunnamLarge Mouth Bass
Aaron RubelLarge Mouth Bass
Daniel BurgettSea Bream
Owen CarawayRed Drum (Redfish)
Bradley SchwartzRed Drum (Redfish)
C.Lance WeaverRed Drum (Redfish)
Cody DodrillSpeckled Trout
Damian BosargeSpeckled Trout
Kenneth SundaySpeckled Trout
Ray BrownSpeckled Trout
Jaime MillerSpeckled Trout
Alando NealSpeckled Trout
Norman WeaverRed Drum (Redfish)
Randall NalleySpeckled Trout
Joseph PattersonWhite Trout
Need Help? Contact Us
Registered anglers can practice logging their catches during the month of December. On December 31st, all practice catches will be removed.
This is a CP(E)R “Catch Photo (Encourage) Release” Tournament for the members of the Mobile Bay Kayak Fishing Association.
Please note this is a members ONLY tournament. All anglers are encouraged to participate, but must become MBKFA members prior to registering.
The top angler that accrues the most points at the end of the year will be crowned "Angler of the Year". We have twenty target species, plus two wild card spots (fish that are not on the list).
You can fish any PUBLIC waters with no boundaries, day or night. All fish must be caught from a paddle craft (Kayak, Canoe, SUP Board) and photos must be taken from the vessel.
For more information on becoming a member and to see the sponsors and prize packs, please go to mbkfa.com.
Series: MBKFA - Mobile Bay Kayak Fishing Association
$25 USDIndividual Angler
Register as Individual
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
4 months 4 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
01/01/2017 12:00 AM
11/27/2017 12:00 AM
Rules and Regulations
Rules for 2017
• Goes from January 1, 2017 to November 26th, 2017 @ Midnight with the winner being announced at December Fish-out TBA. MUST be MBKFA (Mobile Bay Kayak Fishing Association) Member.
• All Publicly accessible waters, not just Alabama (So if you're vacationing or take a trip out of state it counts); waters that require fee to fish are permitted ONLY if allowed to be fish by ALL anglers for the same fee. As an example; Dream Strike is NOT allowed, the owners charge a fee but don’t allow equal access to ALL anglers.
• All fish must be caught from a Kayak, if wade fishing, you must be tethered to your launched kayak no more than 20 feet.
• You will get 1 point per inch, on all eligible fish, with a maximum of 30 points per a species. See bottom of page for eligible fish.
• You may increase the size of any species throughout the year; however, you only get credit for that species once.
• All photos must include Token on a legal and legible measuring board (Measuring device must be bump board type Hard L-shape. NO loose tape measure, folding or sliding boards.) WE strongly suggest that each angler use a Hawg Trough board. It will be each angler’s responsibility to post the best photo of fish to get full credit.
• Token MUST be prominent part of photo. It will need to be on fish or lay to the side of fish. No sticking it to the board. Token could contain a Sponsor, and we owe them the courtesy of a readily visible logo.
• The photo of fish must be in the kayak (No dock photos) head to left belly towards the angler. No pinching of the tail, as it lies, with mouth against the bump board. Take plenty of pictures, if there’s a problem with photo the fish will be disqualified.
• Photos must be entered in the “iAngler” MBKFA 2017 Angler of Year App or website. All photos should be posted within 72 hours of when caught. (Honor system will be employed, put it up as soon as possible. If found to be holding photo for later they will not be counted). In case of tie the angler who posted their last qualified fish first will win tie breaker, unless maximum length is measured. If there are 2 or more fish that measure over 30”, in a single category, a blind draw will determine the winner, of that category.
• Three places will be awarded Angler of Year 1st , Runner Up 2nd place, and 3rd place.
• No Mother-shipping allowed! With the popularity of electric motors on kayak they are approved in this tournament only; however, it must be legal and abide by all state laws. Registration, tag, lights etc.
1. Speckled Trout
4. Bass (Only one species)
5. White Trout
6. Mangrove Snapper
7. Black Drum
8. Spanish Mackerel
11. Lady Fish
13. Bream (Freshwater Species)
14. Jack Crevalle
16. Goggle Eye (warmouth bream/Rock Bass)
2017 Mobile Bay Kayak Fishing Association Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in any event (“Activity”) at any time during the current calendar year I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Activity and that I am qualified, in good, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe the conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) THIS ACTIVITY INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“Risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS or SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation, in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the sanctioning organization(s), their administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, officials, rescue personnel, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of Premises on which the Activity is conducted, (each of the forgoing shall be considered one of the RELEASEES herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM AGE 18 OR OLDER, HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND I INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTEN ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.