2017 KBS School Trail - South Division Online Tournament #3
Need Help? Contact Us
May 6, 2017
Events & Schedule
05/06/2017 06:30 AM
Last Upload to iAngler Tournament
05/06/2017 03:00 PM
Rules and Regulations
Addendum to the normal KBS Rules for just the Kayak Bass Series School Trail (KBSST) Online Tournaments:
1. All KBSST Divisional Online Tournaments can be fished from Land, Kayak or Boat. All anglers must follow local and state regulations and laws.
2. A bump Board (Hawg Trough) will be the only measuring device and follow rules for KBS in measuring (see CPR Rules).
3. A signed waiver form must be signed properly and sent back to KBS Home Office before and participant can fish any Online Tournament.
4. Anglers that make the cut for the National Championship will be required to follow the normal KBS rules. Pre- fishing can be done from Land, Kayak or Boat.
5. Eligibility, Students from 7th grade to 12th grade and from Public, private or home schooled are eligible. If a student is graduating in May or the beginning of the KBSST Season, you are still eligible to finish the KBSST Trail and compete in the National Championship and Divisional AOY’s for yourself and your Schools Team.
6. Divisional AOY’s will receive a trophy and a scholarship award donated to the school from the KBS and presented to the angler/student by the school and school team. The scholarship award will be based upon participation in that division.
7. Students in each Division will receive trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for all online events. We will take your best 3 scores from the four (4) Online Tournaments (dropping one of your lowest scores) to give your overall AOY points for that Division. Schools ranking in a Division will be based on the best five (5) students from the schools overall Team. Schools will also receive a Divisional Trophy and award based upon participation in that Division.
8. The top ten schools in each Division will be able to send five (5) students to the National Championship.
a. Schools that attend the National Championship that place will receive trophies and donations from the
KBS based on participation of the Nation.
b. Students that also fish the National Championship will be fishing as a team and individually. They will
receive trophies and scholarships according to their overall scores. Scholarships will be donated to the
schools and presented to the students by the school and schools fishing team.
9. Awards, Trophies and Donations as follows based on participation;
A. Each Divisional online tournament will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place trophy awarded to the students. Total one hundred and eight (108) trophies.
B. Each Division will have one (1) AOY (Angler of the Year) Student. These students will receive a trophy and a $1,500.00 scholarship from a donation to the School from the KBS. Total nine (9) students.
Note: The following is based on 100 schools and 2000 students. Growth Projections show this being 10 times this size in
2018 with 10 times the trophies, awards and donations. Schools can also start turning in their submissions for funding
from the KBS for 2018 in 2017. Email your request to email@example.com. Funding cap for 2018 will be
$1,000.00, funding will increase with participation.
KBS RULES & REGULATIONS
Please review the tournament rules at: http://www.fishkbs.com/2017-kbs-rules/
You must become a KBS Member in order to qualify for Classics, Championships and receive AOY Points". For more informatIon, please go to http://www.fishkbs.com/membership/.
KAYAK BASS SERIES
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
READ BEFORE REGISTERING FOR ANY KBS COMPETITIVE EVENT AND/OR SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Kayak Bass Series, LLC’s Event and its related competition and activities, I, the undersigned (or participant), being 18 years of age or older, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. I affirm that my participation in any KBS Event is voluntary and declare that I am physically fit and capable to participate in such; and
2. I acknowledge that kayak fishing participation and competition involves certain inherent dangers, and hazards; that the risk of injury from the activities involved in this event are significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, physical fitness, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary Terms and Conditions stated here and in the Rules for Participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and immediately bring such to the attention of KBS Officers or Tournament Directors; and,
5. In full recognition and appreciation of the dangers and risks inherent in such activities, I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS KAYAK BASS SERIES, LLC and its owners, officers, managers, officials, volunteer event staff, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, event service and technology providers (including but not limited to I-Angler Tournament App), and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releasees”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releases or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Releases from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action, for costs, loss, expenses, or damages to personal property, or personal injury, or death, which may result from my participation in the KBS Event.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
ATTENTION MINOR PARTICIPANTS – DO NOT USE THIS FORM: Minors are under 18 years of age in most states; under 19 years of age in Alabama, Delaware and Nebraska; under 21 in Mississippi. Minors must provide an original Minor Student Waiver Release of Liability Form signed by both the Student and Legal Parent/Guardian.
Failure to provide appropriate Waiver prior to tournament may result in forfeiture of tournament fees.
By registering in this tournament, you agree that you have carefully read and reviewed this Waiver, Release and Hold Harmless Agreement. NOTE: Your registration constitutes an electronic signature and holds the same nature and intent as a hand-written signature, and is also a binding agreement between you and the Kayak Bass Series.