December 2020 Jamaica Lionfish Grand Prix
Tuesday, December 1, 2020 to Thursday, December 31, 2020
December 2020 Jamaica Lionfish Grand Prix Rules
* Note: Please use coupon code: JA2020 to complete registration.
1. Lionfish (Pterois volitans/miles) eligible for entry may only be taken during the event. No previously caught lionfish will be allowed.
2. Only legal means of capture will be allowed. This is a lionfish ONLY event. All existing local laws must be followed and will be strictly enforced.
3. You are allowed to keep what you catch. We do not need to see actual lionfish except for special circumstances including by not limited to entry into the largest and smallest categories. Please freeze largest and smallest contenders until validated by a Tournament Director.
4. Lionfish may be taken by spear, hand net or hook and line. No chemicals, traps or other collecting mechanisms are allowed.
5. Individual anglers are allowed. If you enter as a Team, Teams will be limited to a 4 person max, 2 person min. Multiple teams are allowed per boat. To qualify for prizes, participants must be registered.
6. Protective gloves should be worn when handling lionfish. Participants are encouraged to carry a thermos on the boat or in bag left on shore containing hot, but not scalding, water for first aid purposes.
7. The December 2020 Jamaica Lionfish Grand Prix runs from December 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020
8. Only one winning entry will be allowed in each category (no sweeping of a category).
9. This Grand Prix event is open to all snorkelers, freedivers and divers using recreational SCUBA equipment and technical diving equipment. The use of commercial or industrial equipment is prohibited.
10. Largest and smallest fish will be determined by total length of the fish, in millimeters, measuring from tip of snout to tip of tail. Completely intact. Please keep all lionfish on ice if you are keeping them whole.
11. All entrants agree to allow Jamaica Lionfish Grand Prix officials to take and use all photos submitted for media and promotional purposes.
12. The Grand Prix takes place regardless of weather conditions. Individual divers and Team Captains make their own decision about whether to venture out. Safety first!
13. All prizes will be awarded to Individual Anglers or Team Captains within seven days of the announcement of the winners.
14. The Jamaica Lionfish Grand Prix is an honor system tournament with Individual Anglers and Team Captains being responsible for compliance with the Rules.
15. Anyone found violating Jamaica Lionfish Grand Prix Rules by the Lionfish Grand Prix Officials will be disqualified from receiving any prizes and prohibited from entry in any future culling events.
16. Decisions of the Lionfish Grand Prix officials are final.
17. All participants must agree to event Terms and Conditions.