Fish Like MADD [CANCELLED]
Saturday, October 24, 2020
FISH LIKE MADD
TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
- This is a catch & release tournament using the iAngler app.
- Judges have the final say and communicate via the iAngler app.
- This is a tournament that has individual and team boat components.
- All fish must be measured on official tournament fish ruler and photos uploaded on the iAngler Tournament app.
- Fish will not be rounded up to the next inch so a clear photos showing measurement is vital.
- Anglers can use any bait of choice.
- No fishing within 250 feet of marina areas, boat launches or fuel stations.
- All State and Federal laws apply.
- Captains may launch at safe light, which is captain’s discretion.
- A minimum of 2 anglers per boat is required for safety reasons with a maximum of 4 anglers for boat registration fee. Any additional anglers on boat will pay an additional fee.
- No line in the water before 7:00 am.
- Valid State of Florida fishing license is required to participate in the tournament as regulated by Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission.
- In case of a tie, the angler who catches the targeted species first wins.
- Boats can leave from the port of their choice as long as they abide by the launch at safe light and no lines in water before 7:00 am.
- Safety station and home port for tournament operations is Goodland Boating Park, Marco Island.
- All boats and angler are invited to the pavilion at the park for award announcements and a celebration.
FORMAT & SCORING
- Fish Like MADD is a photo fishing tournament using the iAngler app and targeting snook, redfish and sea trout. It may also include a mystery fish which will be disclosed day of tournament.
- There are 3 divisions:
- Boat teams, individual adult and junior anglers
- Individual adult angler: First place will be awarded to the individual angler with the longest snook, redfish and sea trout. In the event of a tie, the individual angler who caught their fish first will be determined to winner.
- Individual junior angler:
- Overall Boat Team: Overall will be awarded to the boat that has the most aggregate inches for all fish caught and released.
- Overall Individual Angler: Overall will be awarded to the individual angler who has the most aggregate inches for all fish caught and released.