Wednesday, July 1, 2020 to Friday, July 31, 2020
Eastern New Mexico Kayak Fishing
ENMKF is a Catch Photo and Release format. See CPR requirements for photo requirements.
Hawg Trough measuring device or Ketch measuring device is mandatory requirement.
All events are 5 fish limit and must be 12 inches or longer unless stated otherwise by Director.
- Life Jacket (PFD) must be worn at all times during events. If proven that angler at anytime on water not wearing PFD the Director will contact angler and He/She will be immediately disqualified.
- There will be a zero tolerance for Drug and Alcohol use. If you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol at any time during an event you will be disqualified immediately.
- You will be given an identifier at the captain’s meeting the morning of the event. That identifier can be written on your hand or on a piece of paper that must be visible in CPR.
- All anglers must agree and sign Liability Waiver prior to event.
- Captain’s meetings in the morning of the event are required. All anglers must also check in at the end of event with the specific time made by the Director. A penalty will be assessed if you are late. If you are 1-5 minutes late a 3 inch penalty will be accessed to your total inches. If you are over 5 minutes late you will be disqualified. No exceptions.
- Fishing license required at all events for the appropriate state that event is held in.
- Kayaks, canoes, S.O.T. and single person vessels are legal. Self propulsion only. No trolling motors allowed unless for Handicap Anglers and approved by Director before event.
- Rod and Reel and Fly fishing are the only acceptable ways to land fish. No trotlines or jugs. Landing nets can be used.
- Artificial lures/baits only. No live or dead bait allowed.
- Two rods allowed in use at any given time but State rules on Lake of event must be followed. It is Anglers responsibility to know State Rules where event is being held. Eastern New Mexico Kayak Fishing (ENMKF) will not be held responsible for any penalty or fines occurred by Angler fishing in an event held by ENMKF.
- No professional paid guide services 2 weeks prior to tournament or event date. All information available to public online or through public information (magazine, newspaper, etc) is legal. Pre fishing before event is legal unless stated "off limits" by director.
- Event director has the right to postpone or cancel the event due to inclement weather, forecasted inclement weather, or unforeseen circumstances on event day.
- Any conflict, questions, disagreements or rule violations must be brought to Director before weigh in.
- Each Angler will be given a score card at weigh in. Each Angler will be responsible for completion of the score card. A ENMKF official will verify all scorable fish. Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass and Spotted Bass are the only allowable fish.
Catch Photo Release (CPR) Requirements
CPR is a standard for numerous Kayak fishing clubs and Kayak fishing Events. The basic premise of CPR is fish are released quickly back to habitat and less stressed for survivability. Every angler should be diligent to assist with fish care and comply with CPR requirements.
- GoPro Cameras are not allowed for submitting of scoreable fish.
- Camera phones are allowed. You must bring cable for Director to look at photos on laptop. Digital cameras are allowed but must have cable or SD card reader for Director.
- Hawg Trough measuring device or Ketch measuring device is mandatory requirement.
- Fishes head must be to the left and belly down. Entire fish must be in the photo. If the tail is not in the photo the fish will not be scored.
- The lip of the fish must be clearly touching the board. Fishes mouth can be open or closed, both will be acceptable. Take a picture of the fish as soon as possible to release fish back to water.
- Overhead photos only. Photos taken at angles will not be scored.
- Measurement marking must be clearly visible.
- Identifier given at Captains Meeting must be completely in every photo.
- Fish cannot be on stringers. Hook in mouth can be in place during picture as long as it does not interfere with picture of fish lip touching end of board.
Other Important Information
- Each angler’s 5 longest score able fish will be added together for your final score.
- Inches will be used and rounded down to the nearest 1⁄4 inch.
- Angler with the most total inches will be declared winner. Second total inches will be second and so on.
- If no fish are caught by any participant, the anglers that show up to weigh in will be split evenly.
- If only one angler has score able fish, that angler gets 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. If only 2 angler’s have score able fish, 2nd place angler will receive 3rd place.
- In the event of a tie. The tiebreaker will be the angler with biggest fish. If all of their fish are identical in length then they will be added together. For example if the tie is for 2nd and 3rd the two pots will be added together and split equally.