Stan Mahoney Youth & School Competitive Teams Tournament
Organized by: Riviera Utilities & Wolf Bay Watershed Watch
1. Youth Fishing Tournament Age Group
a. 3- 8 Years of Age
b. 9-13 Years of Age
c. 14-18 Years of Age
2. Competitive School Teams Age Group
a. Any Age (Must be affiliated with a School Fishing Team)
3. DATE: Saturday, October 19, 2019
a. Youth Fishing Tournament: 6:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. No fish accepted after 11:00 a.m.
b. School CompeRRve Teams: 10/18/19 6:00 p.m. - 10/19/19 12:00 noon. No fish accepted after 12:00 noon.
5. PLACE: Barber Marina- Take Highway 98 to Highway 95 South, approximately 2 miles east of Elberta, and follow the road signs to Fish Trap Road and Marina. Take a right on Fish Trap Road and go 1⁄2 mile to entrance of Barber Marina. Take left to Marina approximately 1.5 miles.
a. Youth Fishing Tournament- All waters of Wolf Bay, Arnica Bay, Bay La Launch and their tributaries between the Alabama Highway 59 Bridge in Gulf Shores and Ross Point in Josephine and Mill Point in Orange Beach.
b. School CompeRRve Teams- All inshore waterways within Baldwin County
7. Sign-in and registration is available on October 17th from 4:30-6:30 pm at the Pre-check-In MeeRng and at Graham Creek Nature Preserve Pavillion and the morning of the event. Wearing Tournament T-shirt and Competitive School Teams Shirts is encouraged while fishing in the tournament.
8. Safety & General Rules
a. All youth contestants must be accompanied by an adult (Fishing License required for all
b. All parRcipants must turn in a signed application and release form
c. Only fish caught by the applicant are eligible
d. No nets- except landing nets
e. Live bait and arRficial bait are acceptable
f. All ParRcipants must wear a properly fitting Coast Guard approved Life Jacket. Children
eight and under must wear a life jacket at all times when in the boat
g. Sharks and stingrays are not included in the tournament and should not be boated
h. All parRcipants must conform with all size limits. Do not bring undersize fish to weigh in.
9. Fishing from the bank or dock is permitted. The following are some of the public fishing areas within the tournament boundaries.
a. Josephine fishing pier at the county park on Roberts Bayou.
b. Fishing pier under Highway 59 Bridge in Gulf Shores.
c. Intra-coastal water way along Baldwin County Road 180 in Gulf Shores.
d. Wolf Creek Park off County Road 20 on Hance Ln.
10. Categories based on weight
a. Youth Fishing Tournament
Heaviest Spotted Fish
b. Competitive School Teams
1st Place for the following:
Inshore Slam, (1 Redfish, 1 Speckled Trout, 1 Flounder)
Cumulative 2 Reds within slot limit (16”- 26”)
11. Entry Fee
a. Youth Fishing Tournament: $25.00 per person .Includes one year WBWW membership and t-shirt.
b. Competitive School Teams: $25.00 per person. Includes one year WBWW membership and t-shirt. Also includes the iAngler Usage Fee.
Entry forms are available at Riviera Utilities in Foley and online at www.wolfbaywatch.org or www.rivierautilities.com. Check these websites as the tournament time approaches for up to date informaiton and any changes.