BOATERS DIVISION - 10th ANNUAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BASS ON THE FLY FISHING TOURNAMENT
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BASS ON THE FLY FISHING TOURNAMENT
2019 OFFICIAL RULES GENERAL RULES
1. RULE ENFORCEMENT: Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director and his decision will be FINAL IN ALL MATTERS. All federal, state and local laws must be obeyed. All bass caught by contestants fishing together in one boat will be disqualified if any of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any tournament rules or laws.
2. PARTICIPANTS: This tournament may be fished as a boater, individual or 2-man team, or as a kayak individual. Payout will be determined by the number of entries in each category. A club/organization must have three two-man teams or three individuals to be eligible to receive the club trophy based on the total length of the three biggest bass (one/team, one /individual). No one who has been a guide for pay on Lake Fork within 1 year may participate.
3. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND DRUGS: At no time during tournament hours are any alcoholic beverages or drugs, other than prescription, allowed in the boat or to be consumed while on the water. Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of entry fees.
4. SPORTSMANSHIP: All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules or any state or local laws will be disqualified.
5. BOATS & MOTORS: No engine may exceed the BIA horsepower rating for the boat on which it is used. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard and state regulations, and have an emergency kill switch. Kayaks cannot use a motor.
6. SAFETY: BOATING SAFETY MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES. A USCG approved life preserver must be on and fastened any time the combustible engine is operative, and the kill switch must be attached to the driver. Contestants fishing out of a kayak, float tube or pontoon must wear a life preserver at all times.
7. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: All fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner. Trolling with combustion engine is prohibited. ONLY RODS AND REELS, LINE AND FLIES DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING MAY BE USED. No soft plastic baits, or any other type of bait, customarily used for fishing with other types of rod and reels may be used. No live or prepared bait is permitted. Liquid fish attractants are allowed. Only one (1) rod may be used at any one time.
8. PROTESTS: All protests must be submitted in writing to the tournament director within 15 minutes of the final weigh-in.
9. POLYGRAPH: All contestants are subject to a polygraph test. Failure to submit to one will result in disqualification.
10. SCORING: If entered as a boater one or two-man team, your score is the total length of your biggest 5 fish for the team. If entered as a kayak individual your score is the total length of your biggest 5 fish. Only largemouth bass should be photographed. Fish should be quickly released and not brought to the weigh-in. A team’s/individual’s longest bass will be determined for the big bass pot. Contestants may submit their fish photos in at any time, but no later than 2:00 pm. All ties will result in the awards being combined and divided equally between the respective teams
11. MEASURING OF FISH: Bass should be photo'd on a metal or plastic measuring board, mouth closed and touching the left end of the scale, tail compressed to achieve greatest length and your ID tag must be showing. Contestant must make every effort to release their fish alive after measuring. See additional catch-photo-release rules on the web site and registration site. Homemade, retractable, wooden, folding and sliding devices are not acceptable.
12. PERMITTED FISHING WATERS: No fishing is allowed inside the host marina area. Fishing is restricted to the navigable waters of Lake Fork only. Boats may be trailered to and from the weigh-in. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another contestant. Switching or sharing fish with other contestants or individuals will result in immediate disqualification.
13. REGISTRATION: Register & pay Online at ianglertournament.com. By Mail to “Bass on the Fly” P.O.Box 173, Yantis, TX 75497 if received no later than May 1, 2018. On site: Registration may be made at the tournament site Noon-9:00PM Friday or 5:00-6:00AM Saturday, pay online or cash only. All contestants MUST check-in with their smartphone at the tournament headquarters during official registration hours. Both team members should register at one time and pay total $140 fee.
14. FISHING HOURS: 6:00AM-2:00PM Saturday. Contestants may launch at the site of their choice no earlier than 5:00AM . Contestants must be in the weigh-in line no later than 2:00PM. Kayaks must launch from a public site.
15. OFF LIMITS: 7:00PM Friday-5:00AM Saturday.
16. ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $70 per individual whether fishing as a two-man team or an individual. The tournament will be held regardless of weather conditions and there will be no refunds of entry fees. The organizer and tournament director reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
17. ASSISTANCE: During hours of competition, contestants may not receive fishing information from other competitors or non-competitors or participate in the practice of “hole sitting.” 8/2/18.