Tailwaters Ladies Club Fly Fishing Tournament - Summer 2022
Hoyt DuniganChannel Cat Fish
Jennifer MatsuRed Drum (Redfish)
Karli QuinnRainbow Trout
Need Help? Contact Us
Welcome to the second annual Tailwaters Ladies Club Invitational! Our tournament is a remote event designed to give our members an opportunity to chase various species of fish while creating community through a shared passion. With friendly competition in mind, the Tailwaters Ladies Club hopes that this Summer event will continue to bring our Female anglers together. There will be a prize for the Freshwater and Saltwater winners.
- Anywhere in the world
- Freshwater - trout (rainbow, brown, brook, cutthroat), bass (smallmouth and largemouth)
- Saltwater - spotted red drum (redfish), spotted sea trout (speckled trout), flounder
- Other - any fresh/saltwater species, to be approved by Director (Madison) upon entry.
Will be added to the angler’s fresh or saltwater ranking depending on the species
submitted (ex. Carp to freshwater standing, Triggerfish to saltwater)
- The photo of the fish has to be on top of a ruler where the numbers can be clearly seen.
- Only length will be counted towards your points
- Angler can submit as many catches as they want, within guidelines, for the duration of
- **1 point per submission + 1 point per inch**
- The winner of each division will be determined by your total points as of 9/1/22.
- Captain’s meeting (6/15/22 on Zoom at 7:30pm CDT; the call link will be sent via email to all participants)
- Lines out of water (8/31/22 at sunset)
- Award Results will be sent via email on 9/1/22
- Meetings will be held via Instagram Live on the @tailwatersladiesclub page
- TBD times will be confirmed via our Instagram account one week prior to the meeting
Nonprofit we are collaborating with:
- Fish for Change
Fish for Change nonprofit information:
- Fish for Change takes students abroad each summer to Honduras, Bahamas, Mexico, and Costa Rica. Students come together with a shared passion for the outdoors and are placed in our immersive education programs. We learn through a place rather than about it. Throughout the course of our programs students create community around the sport of fly fishing they love with peers from all different backgrounds. We team up with local conservation groups to participate and learn more about how environments in different locations are struggling and how we can actively make a difference in our lives. We run scavenger hunts, home-stays, local scholarships, guide training programs, and create bonds with the communities we are in. We hold evening writing prompts and engaging activities that help students to think outside of the box. Our goal is to create a generation of anglers that hold qualities of empathy, open-mindedness, curiosity, and leadership.
Winner of the saltwater division and winner of the freshwater division prize:
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 day 17 hours ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 day 17 hours ago
Events & Schedule
06/15/2022 07:30 PM
Lines in the water (first safe light)
06/15/2022 06:00 AM
Lines out of the water (at sunset)
08/31/2022 07:30 PM
09/01/2022 07:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Rules and Regulations
- Fish must be caught on fly rod and reel
- Entry must be paid in full as of 6/15/22.
- Catch and release only
- The photo submitted to record your catch must include a visible and verifiable ruler (soft or hard) appropriately positioned underneath fish, and the fly used to catch the fish. The front tip of the fish must be on the zero dimension mark and the length of fish will be determined by the end of the tail without pinching. Fork tails will be measured using fork length method.
- Only LENGTH matters, weight is not counted towards the angler’s standing
- No cheating, have fun! Tight lines!
Disclaimer Click to Read
RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE
TAILWATERS LADIES CLUB, TAILWATERS FLY FISHING, ET AL
For good valuable consideration, including without limitation the acceptance of the undersigned's entry or participation in the "Tailwaters Ladies Club Fly Fishing Tournament - Summer 2021" on May 28, 2021 - August 15, 2021 (the "Event") and being permitted to participate in certain related activities, the undersigned, for himself and his personal representatives, heirs, guest, invitees, employees and crew members hereby (1) RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the following:
Tailwaters Ladies Club
Tailwaters Ladies Club Fly Fishing
and their Chapters, subsidiaries, related entities, respective members, volunteers, heirs, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and subcontractors (collectively, the "Releasees") from all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, and for all loss or damage, and all claims or damages therefor, on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to the undersigned, his guests, invitee, employees or crew, during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event and related activities or while the undersigned is competing, or participating, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; (2) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees and each of them from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, damages, liabilities, losses and judgments (collectively, the "Claims") of or by all guests, invitee, employees and crew of the undersigned for bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage which they may suffer or incur during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or related activities, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; and (3) ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for and risk of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to himself, his guests, invitees, employees or crew and his boat and equipment due to negligence of Releasees or otherwise during the Event or while participating in the Event or related activities or while in or on the Event premises and the common properties and recreational areas and adjacent docks, piers and boat slips.
The undersigned agrees to pay all of the Releasees' costs of defending all Claims and further agrees that this Release, Indemnification and Agreement Not to Sue is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Texas and that, if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.