TriCity Kayak Fishing - Lake Dunlap Tournament ***CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER CONDITIONS***
TriCity Kayak Fishing Membership
TriCity Kayak Fishing Membership is required to participate in any or all TriCity Kayak Fishing tournaments. Membership Dues are $50.00 per year.
Need Help? Contact Us
More Details Coming Soon!
We are a bass tournament series hitting the lakes around central to east Texas! As you all have seen, we are hosting our last tournament 0f 2015 on Lake Dunlap! This will be an open to all event! Registration will open soon and will close at 7:15am the morning of the tournament!
The entry fee is $50! We will hold captains meeting the morning of event and then will allow you to launch at first safe light from all public posted access on the lake! You will then return to main launch point for the weigh-in @ 3pm!
EVERY tournament will have a $10.00 "Big Bass" pot and will also have a $5.00 pot for certain other types of fish, ie, largest catfish. Participation in the side pots are optional; however, to participate, you will need to pay up front before launch.
We want to get as many people out to fish as we can and have a chance to meet you all!
Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard (using the mobile app)
3 years 5 months ago
Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard (using the web portal)
3 years 5 months ago
Welcome to the iAngler Tournament System!
3 years 5 months ago
Events & Schedule
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
2016 Tricity Kayak Fishing
By-laws and Constitution
• Name, Purpose, Definitions
The name of this club shall be referred to as Tricity Kayak Fishing.
The purpose of this club is to promote conservation and sportsmanship while enjoying kayak bass fishing.
• Catch, Photo, Release also known as CPR: will be used throughout the entire season. This will be used to capture MEASURABLE fish for scoring. Photographs from a digital camera with a removable SD card ONLY. If the camera is not capable of capturing a concrete image of the score-able fish, the photo will be considered non judge-able and there for disqualified.
• Tournament ID: we will use a 2 digit code for each tournament and will be handed out at registration. They will be written on the top of the hand that is used to hold the fish on the measuring board. This 2 digit number must be in the photo or the fish will be disqualified.
• Score-able fish: local state laws require the fish to be 14.” If a photo on the SD card of a fish smaller than 14” it will be disqualified.
• Angler of the Year: The angler who wins the TCKF championship.
• Qualifier: a tournament that has been created to support the AOY- Angler of the Year points race.
• Zero Inch Tournaments: In the case that no angler brings in a score-able fish, 80% of the entry fee total will be paid out to the anglers still at the weigh-in. If only 1 angler brings in a score-able fish, that angler will receive 80% of all total entry fees. If 2 anglers bring in score-able fish, the total entry fees will be 60% for 1st place and 20% will go to 2nd place.
• Dues and Membership
• By becoming a TCKF member, you must compete in a professional manner.
• Membership will be by an application only process and must be approved by the Tournament Director and will be revoked IF any rules are not adhered to or for just cause.
• If a returning members membership has lapsed and is in good standing, that angler will be able to pay his/her dues and will be able to fish the entire season.
• All photos, articles and any other correspondence will be become club property.
• Guests will be able to fish any tournament if they pay a $10.00 non-member plus the entry fee for that tournament and big bass side pot only if they want to. Non-members will not receive any points or will not receive any monies at the end of that tournament.
• Membership will be terminated if any of the following are broken:
• Angler violated any of the rules intentionally.
• Any action that brings disgrace to the club, its members or our sponsors or dishonor.
• Dues or fees not paid for.
• Yearly club dues will be 50.00 and will be used for TCKF as working funds for the year. The dues will be due on the 1st of January of each year or sooner if the angler would like to do so. The dues will be from January 1st to December 31st. If an angler will be fishing their first tournament, the club will hold a captains meeting 30 minutes prior to the official registration for that tournament. During this time they can pay the annual due fee and become a member.
• The yearly dues will be used for the following, Operating Expenses, which include but are not limited to: website, product purchases, printing services, gas, ice, water, food, club shirts, lodging, trophies and administrative/logistical supplies. These dues also give the angler the opportunity to win products during our raffles and also allow him/her to fish ALL of the year’s tournaments.
• Once dues are paid, they are NON refundable.
• Tournaments fees and Payouts
• Entry fees for all tournaments will be $40.00. Entry fees will be raised at the end of the year ONLY if the entire club agrees. The entry fee is due before angler fishes a tournament. A big bass side pot will be $10.00 and is OPTIONAL. There will be side pots of $5.00 for certain types of species at each tournament.
• 20% will be deducted from each tournaments total entry fee amount to go towards AOY payout at the end of the year’s TCKF championship.
• Payout Structure for 2016:
1-20 anglers: 70% for 1st, 20% for 2nd and 10% for 3rd.
21-40 anglers: 65% for 1st, 20% for 2nd, 10% for 3rd and 5% to 4th.
41-60 anglers: 60% for 1st, 20% for 2nd, 10% for 3rd and 5% for 4th and 5th.
• BIG BASS side pot may be entered at each tournament by each member or guest. The fee for this pot could and might change.
• In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the next largest fish until the tie is broken.
• Point Break Down
• Payouts and Points are a free for all at each tournament.
• The points will be awarded to each angler based on their placement on the board.
• Below is a breakdown of the points that will be distributed:
1st 100 9th 92 17th 84 25th 76 33rd 68
2nd 99 10th 91 18th 83 26th 75 34th 67
3rd 98 11th 90 19th 82 27th 74 35th 66
4th 97 12th 89 20th 81 28th 73 36th 65
5th 96 13th 88 21st 80 29th 72 37th 64
6th 95 14th 87 22nd 79 30th 71 38th 63
7th 94 15th 86 23rd 78 31st 70 39th 62
8th 93 16th 85 24th 77 32nd 69 40th 61
• Members who do not show will receive (0) points. Members who DO NOT catch fish but still show up will receive points.
• Members who attend each meeting will receive 5 points.
• Tournament Rules and Selection
• A tournament fisherman will consist of 1 angler, fishing from a NON-POWERED vessel. These vessels consist of a kayak, canoe, and float tube. Sails will NOT be allowed.
• Trolling Motors will not be allowed.
• Anglers will NOT consume ANY alcoholic beverages during tournament hours. Any angler found drinking alcohol will be disqualified IMMEDIATLEY.
• Local, state and federal laws will be obeyed at all times.
• Anglers will not pay anyone to help locate fish 30 days prior to the start of that month’s tournament.
• Anglers will not pay anyone to fish next to them during a tournament in order to help them find fish.
• Each angler must have their own camera and fish measuring device during each tournament.
• Each angler MUST have a fishing license for the state we are fishing in.
TOURNAMENT dates and locations will be selected by the board and will be posted on the website by Dec of the previous year.
• Safety, Tackle, Fishing hours and areas, Inclement Weather and Weigh-In
• ALL anglers will wear a COAST GUARD approved life jacket at all times while on the water and during tournament hours.
• Anglers will have a sound producing device on their vessels at all times.
• Anglers will have a cell phone on their persons at all times in case of an emergency.
• If at any time we fish during low light conditions, a 360 degree light will be used.
• Artificial lures will be the only bait used with the exception of pork rinds or when we are fishing for stripers or redfish, in which case live bait, cut bait can be used.
• 1 fishing rod will be used at any given time. If you plan of trolling, that rod must be reeled in before another line is casted out.
• Tournament hours:
• Safe light till 3pm on the day of the tournament.
• Anglers may launch at any LEGAL boat ramp on the tournament lake as long as that angler is back at weigh-in on time.
• Anglers are allowed to trailer to and from official check-in location if weather permits.
• NO leaving the registration area early. (If registration time is 7am then the angler cannot leave until 7am and after that angler registered.) If found that an angler has left early, that angler will be disqualified.
• Tournament anglers are NOT allowed to solicit ANY information before or during ANY tournament from anyone.
• Anglers are not allowed to get out of their vessel at any time to fight a fish. At least 1 foot will remain in their vessel at all times. If an angler is found getting out of their vessel to land a fish, he/she will be disqualified.
• All photos will be taken while the angler is on the INSIDE of their vessel.
• Off-Limits/no fishing will begin on Monday 5 days prior to the start of the tournament.
• Inclement Weather:
• In the event of bad weather, the tournament director will postpone the launch 1 hour. If the weather is not improving, the launch will be again postponed for 1 hour. If after that second hour the weather is not improving, the tournament director will cancel the tournament. 90% of all entry fees will be returned back to the anglers. The tournament will be rescheduled at a different date and time, but will remain on that lake.
• The daily bag limit for each tournament will be 5 fish per person as per state law.
• All anglers score card will be in the box prior to the call for time. Any cards not in the box prior to the call, that angler will be disqualified after 15 minutes.
• Tournament cards and SD cards must be turned in at the same time. If the SD card is not turned in with the card, that angler will be penalized 1”.
• Photos of fish with their mouths open will result in a1” penalty per fish.
• Photos of fish with their tail pinched will result in a 1” penalty per fish.
• If at any time, the penalties drop the length of a fish under 14”, that fish will be disqualified.
• ONLY largemouth, spotted, small mouth and Guadalupe bass will count for the main pot.
• If an angler wants to be in the running for the big bass side pot, they will need to pay the fee BEFORE they leave the registration area.
Disclaimer Click to Read
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in any event (“Activity”) at any time during the current calendar year I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of the Activity and that I am qualified, in good, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe the conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) THIS ACTIVITY INVOLVES RISKS AND DANGERS OF SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH (“Risks”); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE “RELEASEES” NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS or SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation, in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the sanctioning organization(s), their administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, officials, rescue personnel, sponsors, advertisers, owners and lessees of Premises on which the Activity is conducted, (each of the forgoing shall be considered one of the RELEASEES herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which may be incurred as the result of such claim.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM AGE 18 OR OLDER, HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUTH ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE, AND I INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTEN ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID, THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.