2021 Red Trout Tournament
Tyler PateyRed Drum (Redfish) Jeff GearyRed Drum (Redfish) Scott PateyRed Drum (Redfish) Robert LombardiSpeckled Trout Lyndsie SmyserSpeckled Trout Harrison SchaefferRed Drum (Redfish) Sewell "Toby" FreyBluefish John ConditSpeckled Trout
Need Help? Contact Us
Final Results are posted at ccamd.org/redtrout
NEW FOR 2021: REGISTER VIA: ccamd.org/redtrout
Once paid via the CCA Maryland website you will return to this page to enter a coupon code and bypass further payment.
For assistance with registration call David Sikorski @443-621-9186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CCA MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED: ALL MAY JOIN AND ENTER
To join, renew, or check status go to membership.joincca.org or by calling (800) 201-FISH (3474). The mailing label of our TIDE magazine also contains your membership number.
REFUNDS ACCEPTED BEFORE LINES IN FOR WEATHER OR HEALTH AND SAFETY CONCERNS
Q&A AVAILABLE AT CAPTAINS MEETING
Red Trout Tournament Results & Random Prizes
5 days 15 hours ago
The Photo Identifier for Sunday is: #ALLTACKLE
6 days 9 hours ago
Red Trout Leaderboard Link
6 days 19 hours ago
The Photo Identifier for Sunday is: #ALLTACKLE
1 week 11 hours ago
Red Trout Capt. Meeting Video - No Physical Meeting!
1 week 15 hours ago
Events & Schedule
08/14/2021 07:30 PM
09/10/2021 07:30 PM
Lines In - Day 1
09/11/2021 06:30 AM
Lines Out - Day 1
09/11/2021 05:00 PM
Shore Party 6:30-9PM
09/11/2021 06:30 PM
Lines in - Day 2
09/12/2021 06:30 AM
Lines Out - Day 2
09/12/2021 03:00 PM
09/12/2021 04:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ACCORDING TO MARYLAND and/or VIRGINIA RECREATIONAL FISHING REGULATIONS AND ON HOOK AND LINE.
- FISHING BOUNDARIES:
- Northern Boundary : Fishing may occur in the Chesapeake Bay and any tributary which has a confluence with the mainstem of the Chesapeake Bay south of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge or Kent Narrows Bridge of Rt. 50/301.
- Southern Boundary : Fishing may occur in the Chesapeake Bay any tributary which has a confluence with the mainstem of the Chesapeake Bay North of a line from the Cape Charles Harbor to the New Point Comfort Light
- QUALIFYING SPECIES: Red Drum, Spotted Sea Trout or Weakfish*
- * Spotted Sea Trout(Speckled Trout) and Weakfish( Grey Trout) are both considered as trout for the purposes of this tournament, not separate species for scoring or stringers.
- ADDITIONAL SPECIES MAY BE ADDED BEFORE LINES IN AS CALCUTTAS (TOURNAMENTS WITHIN THE TOURNAMENT) OR ADDITIONAL DIVISIONS.
- The youth division includes any legal sized fish species
- FISHING DAYS:
- Saturday Sept 11th
- Sunday Sept. 12th
- LINES IN:
- Saturday Sept. 11th =6:30 am
- Sunday Sept. 12th = 6:30am
- LINES OUT:
- Saturday Sept. 11th =5:00pm
- Sunday Sept. 12th = 3pm
- ALLOWED FISHING TACKLE:
- Hook and line only and per Maryland DNR recreational fishing regulations. No commercial catch may be submitted.
- No more than 5 rods may be used at one time on a single vessel and no more than 2 rods may be used my an individual at any time during the tournament.
- Anglers using live or dead bait must use a non-offset circle hook.
- DIVISIONS & SCORING: All entries are based on total length with a pinched tail
- Open : Open division fish are those not caught by fly, kayak, or FREE Youth anglers.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Redfish
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Trout
- Kayak: All entries caught from a kayak
- Longest Redfish
- Longest Trout
- JLS Rods - Lady Angler: All entries caught by female anglers only
- Longest Redfish
- Longest Trout
- Youth: FREE ENTRY for all entries caught by anglers 17 and under only
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd biggest fish any species.
- Fly: All entries caught by a fly rod & artificial fly
- Longest Redfish
- Longest Trout
- Team Stringer:
- Longest 3 fish stringer of redfish & trout combined by up to 6 anglers
- Tournament participants will be provided a tournament identifier after sunset on the night before fishing which must be visible on all pictures for the following days submissions to be counted for consideration by the tournament judges.
- All participants will use the same identifier on the same day. Each day of the tournament will use a different identifier. They will be posted on facebook and sent through the iAngler Tourament App, and posted on the tournament page on the iAngler Tournament App. at the top of the page.
- It is recomended that the identifier be drawn on a hand or ruler, or be made visible in all pictures of fish. FOR A SAMPLE IMAGE CLICK THIS LINK: https://www.ccamd.org/CPRsample
- No fish below the Maryland legal size limit shall be entered for a score.
- A single, clear and readable photo of your catch should be taken against the 48” CCA MD ruler available at Alltackle, Buzz's Marina, Tochtermans, District Angling, Island Tackle Outfitters.
- Rulers used in past CCA Maryland events are allowed, including Fish For a Cure and the Boat Yard Bar and Grill Tournament.
- A Hawg Trough or other similar products may be used by kayak anglers. It is recomended that the lines on a Hawg Trough or other similar product are darkened to allow better visibility for judges.
- Other ruler options will be allower per approval by a CCA official BEFORE FISHING.
- Rulers MAY NOT be modified in any way which effects the accuracy of measurement.
- A ruler may be affixed to an item that will allow the nose of the fish to meet a vertical surface on the zero mark.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to inspect any participant’s ruler before, during, or after judging and disqualify any catch if a ruler modification is suspected. Failure to present the ruler to judges at their request may result in disqualification.
- To properly measure a fish, place it directly next to or on top of the ruler, w/ the nose towards the zero mark. Any length of fish beyond the zero inches mark of the ruler will not count towards the official length.
- Pictures must be taken of all fish entered immediately upon landing while alive.
- Blurry or cropped images will be rejected, A replacement image may be requested at the discretion of the judges to replace any image which cannot be clearly read.
- NO FISH SHOULD COVER THE RULER COMPLETELY. The zero mark and end point of a ruler must be visible in each image.
- Any fish caught longer than 48” should be photographed next to the ruler in a way that allows the full length of the ruler to be visible to judges.
- Measurements will be made to nearest 1/4” and anglers should submit the length of their catch using the decimal designation of .25, .5 or .75
- IT IS RECOMMENDED that a fish be placed against a bulkhead, or attached to a board to allow the snout of the fish to be even with the zero mark.
- The overall fish length will be judged based on the image you provide from the snout to the tip of the tail. The tail may be pinched.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to examine the embedded metadata of any photo image to confirm the validity of picture. Photos with edited or missing metadata may be disallowed at the judge’s discretion. Judges may ask to view the original image on your phone or camera. Failure to provide an original image may result in disqualification
- Catch from a days fishing must be logged at the following date & time(EST):
- Saturday Sept. 11th catch logged by 5:30pm or in person
- Sunday Sept. 12th catch logged by 3:15 PM
- Catch may be logged via computer after a days fishing via the tournament website before the times listed above.
- Time will be determined by the iAngler Tournament server receives the submission.
- In case of a tie, the individual that turns in their catch first or reaches a tied stringer length first is the winner.
- Participants must confirm that their catch has been recorded properly, and can do so through the iAngler Tournament Scoreboard throughout the event.
- Youth participants without a smartphone or email may be connected to an adults account PRIOR to lines in for catch logging purposes.
- For assistance with catch logging contact David Sikorski @ 443-621-9186. Participants are expected to log their own catch after receiving assistance and not relying to text messaging or any alternative method to submit their catch.
- PROTEST: All participants reserve the right to challenge any photo judgement OR report any possible rule infraction before 3:30PM on Sept 12th or once the final scores are posted online.
- ANY PROTEST MAY BE SENT TO INFORMATION@CCAMD.ORG in writing or communicated to David Sikorski @ (443)621-9186 Please include description of possible error or infraction, any evidence, and contact information for those who wish to be interviewed by judges.
- COMPLIANCE: All participants must be CCA members in good standing. Judges reserve the right to disqualify the participation and any entry. Judges have the final say in all rules or participation related matters based on a 2/3 majority vote of a 3 judge panel.
Disclaimer Click to Read
For good and valuable consideration, including without limitation the acceptance of the registered participants entry or participation in the 2021 Red Trout Tournament (the "Event") and being permitted to participate in certain related activities, the registered participant, for his or herself and his or her personal representatives, heirs, guest, invitees, employees, and team or crew members hereby (1) RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE Coastal Conservation Association or its Chapters, subsidiaries, related entities, respective members, volunteers, heirs, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, sponsors and subcontractors, (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability to the registered participant, his or her personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, and for all loss or damage, and all claims or damages therefore, on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death, property or other damage of or to the undersigned, his or her guests, invitees, employees, team or crew, during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or its Rules or related activities or while the registered participant is competing, or participating, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or alleged negligence of Releasees ; (2) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees and each of them from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, damages, liabilities, losses and judgments (collectively, the "Claims") of or by all guests, invitees, employees, and team or crew of the registered participant for bodily injury, personal injury, death, property or other damage which they may suffer or incur during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or its Rules or related activities, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or alleged negligence of Releasees; and, (3) ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for the risk or occurrence of bodily injury, personal injury, death, property or other damage of or to his or herself, his or her guests, invitees, employees, and team or crew and to his or her boat and equipment due to negligence of Releasees or otherwise during the Event or while participating in the Event or related activities or while in or on the Event premises, which includes but is not limited to, its common properties, recreational areas, and adjacent docks, piers, and boat slips. Participant further assumes the responsibility for and acknowledges all dangers associated with weather and sea conditions; (4) Anyone entering this Tournament is required to abide by the Tournament Rules. Disqualifications will be determined by the Tournament Judges consisting of three (3) volunteer CCA Maryland Representatives. Any protest must state the rule violated and be received by the tournament judges photo Check-in Deadline. All team participants, including team members, guides and boat drivers are responsible for knowing, understanding, and abiding by these Rules. Failure of any team participant to follow tournament rules or procedures will result in disqualification of the team in violation or non-compliance. Questions and comments concerning any Rule may be directed to the Tournament Director/Co-Chair. In all Tournament matters, the decisions of the tournament committee are final. The registered participant agrees to pay all of the Releases’ costs of defending all Claims and further agrees that this Release, Hold Harmless and Agreement Not to Sue is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Maryland and that, if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. The registered participant also gives permission to use her / his name and picture in any published report or coverage of the event. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK CCA National and CCA Maryland (collectively “CCA”) very much appreciate your attendance at our event. As you know, the United States and Maryland are currently experiencing a pandemic associated with the virus COVID-19 (“the virus”). Your attendance at this CCA Event is voluntary and with full knowledge that the virus can be spread from one person to another including at social gatherings. CCA endeavors to follow local, state and federal virus related guidelines when planning for, preparing for and holding CCA Events. PLEASE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK CAREFULLY AS IT CONTAINS INDEMNITY PROVISIONS RELATING TO YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. In recognition of the above, Guest agrees to assume the full risk and responsibility for: all illness including specifically COVID 19 and any illness or injury arising indirectly or directly from COVID 19, harm, injury, disease, damage, death and personal and economic loss to Guest arising from the Guest’s presence and activities of Guest at the CCA Event, including any illness or injury arising out of CCA or its employees, volunteers, executives and board of directors own negligent acts. Guest, on behalf of herself/himself and all heirs, executors, beneficiaries and representatives agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless CCA, its employees, volunteers, executives and board of directors with respect to all such illness including specifically COVID 19 and any illness or injury arising indirectly or directly from COVID 19 and any harm, injury, disease, damage, death and loss, except to the limited extent caused directly by the willful misconduct of CCA its employees, volunteers, executives and board of directors. In addition, Guest on behalf of herself/himself and all heirs, executors, beneficiaries and representatives agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless CCA its employees, volunteers, executives and board of directors from and against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, expenses and costs (including reasonable attorney fees) relating to any injury, illness including specifically COVID 19 and any illness or injury arising indirectly or directly from COVID 19, harm, damage, disease, death or personal or economic loss to any person or property incurred or suffered by Guest or any other person claiming by, through or under Guest as a direct or indirect result of the negligence or misconduct of CCA its employees, volunteers, executives and board of directors, or any violation of this Agreement by Guest. GUEST, INDIVIDUALLY AND ON BEHALF OF HIS/HER HEIRS, EXECUTORS AND ASSIGNS, RELEASES AND AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS CCA ITS EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, EXECUTIVES AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS FROM ANY CLAIM ASSERTED BY GUEST IN ANY WAY RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ATTENDANCE AT THE CCA EVENT, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY WHICH FOR ANY REASON CCA ITS EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, EXECUTIVES AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE ALLEGED TO BE LEGALLY LIABLE, INCLUDING ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY BASED ON CCA ITS EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, EXECUTIVES AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS ALLEGED OWN NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS, DTPA VIOLATIONS, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF FIDUCIARY DUTIES OR ANY OTHER ACTS OR OMMISSIONS. GUEST’S INDEMNITY INCLUDES ALL CLAIMS FOR ACTUAL DAMAGES, EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, MEDICAL EXPENSES, DAMAGES DUE TO MENTAL ANGUISH, DAMAGES DUE TO PHYSICAL PAIN OR PHYSICAL IMPAIRMENT OR DISABILITY EITHER PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE, LOST WAGES OR WAGE EARNING CAPACITY, INHERITANCE, LOSS OF SOCIETY OR CONSORTIUM OR ANY OTHER CLAIM, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE, OF WHATEVER NATURE. THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL APPY WHETHER OR NOT ANY SUCH INJURY OR DAMAGE HAS BEEN, OR IS ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN, CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OR FAULT OF CCA ITS EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, EXECUTIVES AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS. GUEST ACKNOWLEDGES INDIVIDUALLY AND ON BEHALF OF HIS/HER HEIRS, EXECUTORS AND ASSIGNS THAT THIS INDEMINTY PROVISION IS CLEAR, CONSPICIOUS AND SATISFIES THE TEXAS EXPRESS NEGLIGENCE DOCTRINE.