2021 TKAA Trash Tournament
Need Help? Contact Us
TKAA Trash Tournament
Welcome to the Tidewater Kayak Angler Annual Trash Tournament. An event run like a fishing tournament, but instead of submitting fish, you will submit your catch of trash. This year, we're partnering with iAngler Tournament Systems in providing a unique and fun way to get outside and help clean our coastal environments. The more trash photos you submit, the greater your chances of winning the grand prize and other great prizes! Ready, GO!
Tidewater Kayak Anglers Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to the safety of kayakers and the conservation of Virgina's natural resources.
iAngler Tournament is a cloud-based management system for hosting "Catch/Photo/Release" fishing tournaments. It's easy to use, and collects vital catch data for research.
Events & Schedule
02/01/2021 08:00 AM
09/25/2021 12:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
2020 TKAA Trash Tournament
Rules and Regulations
- Participants must register correctly and fill in all required fields on the iAngler Tournament App or web page.
- The Tournament starts at 8am EST on Monday, February 1st to September 25th.
- No photos of trash picked up prior to this date and time will be submitted. Our system recognizes photo time stamps.
- Participants may only submit their photos between 8am on February 1st to 6am on September 25th (Eastern Standard Time).
- If a participant has trouble uploading the pictures onto the website or app, they must submit their photos and all required field information to TKAADIRECTOR@GMAIL.COM prior to 12pm
EST on September 25th (Eastern Standard Time).
- One 5-gallon bucket/bag or equivalent size full of trash will count as one (1) bucket. Trash should be collected from our waterways, boat ramps, landings. Anyplace that we kayakers use or visit during our normal activities of kayaking. The intention is to help cleanup our waters.
- You may submit one photo with multiple buckets in the picture. Please select the appropriate number of buckets in the photo.
- If you collect a piece of trash that is larger than one (1) 5-gallon bucket, it will count as one bucket/entry. (for example, a washed-up chair would count as one bucket/entry)
- Tournament submissions end promptly at 06am EST on Saturday September 25th.
- Winners will be announced at the TKAA Fall Charity Fishing Tournament.
- Three (3) attempts to contact each winner will be made. If the winner does not respond within one week of the last and final attempt, they forfeit their prize.
- By entering this tournament, you agree to follow all state and local guidelines regarding access and social distancing.
Thank you for participating in our largest coastal cleanup event to date!
Disclaimer Click to Read
RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE
COASTAL CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION FLORIDA, IANGLER TOURNAMENT SYSTEMS, ET AL
For good valuable consideration, including without limitation the acceptance of the undersigned's entry or participation in the CCA Florida - 2020 World Oceans Day "Trash Tournament" on June 3, 2019 (the "Event") and being permitted to participate in certain related activities, the undersigned, for himself and his personal representatives, heirs, guest, invitees, employees and crew members hereby (1) RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the following:
Coastal Conservation Association Florida
iAngler Tournament Systems
and their Chapters, subsidiaries, related entities, respective members, volunteers, heirs, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and subcontractors (collectively, the "Releasees") from all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, and for all loss or damage, and all claims or damages therefor, on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to the undersigned, his guests, invitee, employees or crew, during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event and related activities or while the undersigned is competing, or participating, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; (2) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees and each of them from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, damages, liabilities, losses and judgments (collectively, the "Claims") of or by all guests, invitee, employees and crew of the undersigned for bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage which they may suffer or incur during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or related activities, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; and (3) ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for and risk of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to himself, his guests, invitees, employees or crew and his boat and equipment due to negligence of Releasees or otherwise during the Event or while participating in the Event or related activities or while in or on the Event premises and the common properties and recreational areas and adjacent docks, piers and boat slips.
The undersigned agrees to pay all of the Releasees' costs of defending all Claims and further agrees that this Release, Indemnification and Agreement Not to Sue is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Florida and that, if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.