KAAO Bass #2 - Black Donald/Centennial Lakes, Calabogie, Ontario
Need Help? Contact Us
KAAO Five Bass Stringer Event
Black Donald Lake, Calabogie, Ontario
July 11, 2020
This is a catch, photo, release challenge using the iAngler Tournament online tournament system.
Format: "Run and Gun", Anglers can use any launch on the lake.
Registration cut off time is 8:00 PM on Friday, July 11th.
Optional Big Bass Pool: $5.00
(Please select https://paypal.me/kaaoca/5cad to participate.)
Series: KAAO - Kayak Anglers Association of the Outaouais
$40 CADIndividual Angler
Tournament is over
3 weeks 2 days ago
Centennial Lake added to fishable waters
1 month 3 days ago
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 month 1 week ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 month 1 week ago
Events & Schedule
Lines in the Water
07/11/2020 07:00 AM
Lines out of the Water
07/11/2020 02:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
KAAOs On The Water Tournaments
*Rules For 2020*
Participation and Eligibility
The KAAOs On The Water Tournaments are open to all anglers provided they meet the requirements and regulations stated herein.
Liability Release and License Requirements
1. All participants must read and electronically sign The Liability Release Form before their first event.
2. Participants under the age of 18 will only be allowed to participate if accompanied by a registered adult.
3. All participants must have a valid fishing license for the event and follow all Department of Natural Resources (MNR) rules and regulations. Ontario Quebec
Entry fees are $40.00 per event ($30.00 payout + $10.00 disbursement fees including app fee)
Optional Lunker Pool $5.00 (In the event of a tie, money will be split between tied participants)
PayPal will be the only method of payment/payout during the 2020 season, sorry for any inconveniences.
1. Registration will close @2000hrs Friday night prior to the event.
2. If fishing tandem, both participants must be registered.
1. ONLY angler powered kayaks, canoes, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboards) will be allowed. No gasoline, electric motors, sailboats, airboats or air tubs. Accommodations can be made for special needs anglers on a case by case basis and are at the discretion of the tournament director.
2. All fish must be caught from your kayak. You’re not permitted to leave your kayak to fish from shore or wade.
To be determined based on availability at the body of water.
1. All competitors must launch/return from shore at the designated spot.
2. Tournament tags will be available until 6:45 AM (Will be uploaded online during COVID).
3. Anglers are to be in their kayaks by 6:50 AM for the “On The Water Captains meeting” (No meetings during COVID).
1. Only artificial baits/lures/flies are permitted during Bass events.
2. The use of worms, minnows, and cut-bait are permitted during Panfish & Catfish events.
3. Rod and Reel and Fly Rods are the only acceptable devices.
1. PFD must be properly worn at all times while on the water. Violators will be immediately disqualified.
2. No alcohol, illegal or non-prescribed drugs may be used at any time while participating at any event. This includes from the time the challenge starts (Rules Meeting) until the boat take-out.
3. Drugs and alcohol use is strictly prohibited. Any participant found to be under the influence within reasonable suspicion will be disqualified, moneys non-refunded, and receive a score of 0.
1. No target species shall be kept in stringers, baskets, ice chests, etc.
2. All fish will be immediately released unharmed after a picture is taken.
3. Any one fish can only be submitted once.
4. Your best FIVE fish will be the total length of your virtual stringer.
5. All fish will be submitted on the FishDonkey Application (iAngler during COVID). FishDonkey
Weigh In (measure-in) for the Event
ALL ANGLERS HAVE TO BE BACK TO THE DESIGNATED LAUNCH BY 2:15 PM DURING THE EVENT. Failing to arrive at the designated launch by 2:15pm will result in an automatic DQ from the event.
1. All competitors’ photos must be uploaded by 2:00pm, any photos not uploaded by the cutoff time will not be accepted. Please manage your time wisely.
a. Photos that do not meet the requirements will not be counted.
b. It’s the angler’s responsibility to upload their own photos.
c. The Tournament organizer and staff will be solely responsible and retain the right to declare any photos unacceptable.
d. After money prizes are awarded the Tournament is declared complete.
Judging for Event
1. Challenger’s photos will be judged and scored by a panel designated by the Tournament Staff.
a. Photos that do not meet the requirements will not be counted. Measured length should be clearly visible. All fish will be scored by ¼” increments. If the fish is slightly under the nearest ¼” the measurement will be rounded down. For example, if a fish is 18 1/8 inches the fish will be entered and scored as an 18- inch fish.
b. The Tournament organizer and staff will be solely responsible and retain the right to declare any photos unacceptable.
c. All fish entered must be within the legal rules determined by the Ministry of Natural Resources of the Province where the event is taking place.
d. All fish must be caught on rod, reel, line and hook (lure).
e. Species are determined by each particular event. There is no minimum size requirement for multispecies events, however a 12” minimum will apply during the Bass events.
f. All photos must contain the unique identifier that will be used for each event. The identifier will become available at the start of each event (online during COVID). All fish entries must appear to be fresh and free of any obvious mutilation or mishandling. If two fish of the same length are used they must show evident signs of distinction.
Recording Your Catch
a) The measuring device shall display a numerical inch marking, a black line where the bumper meets the board and a sticker on the bumper. Images that are blurry, out of focus or underexposed and make it difficult to score accurately will be disqualified
b) The longest virtual stringer will be awarded first place and so on.
Delays/Reschedule/Cancellation of Event
1. Inclement weather: The Tournament Director may delay, reschedule or cancel a tournament.
1. Each angler will be provided a unique identifier, which MUST be FULLY visible and legible in the photo.
2. Your LONGEST verified lengths will be your total score of your longest five fish. Fish will be measured to the nearest ¼ inch and there will be no rounding-up, only down.
3. Auto Culling will be enabled for all events.
4. The angler with the highest total score of a maximum of five fish will be declared the winner. A participant does not have to catch five fish to win the event.
1. Fish must face LEFT with its dorsal fin facing UPWARD. *
2. Mouth shall be fully closed and touching the face of the board. There will be a 1” deduction for an open mouth. Special consideration will be given to deformed fish
3. Tail must not be MANUALLY pinched. *
4. Anglers hand shall not cover or touch the caudal fin (tail) nor shall fingers be placed under the operculum (gill plate). *
5. Markings on the measuring device must be visible and legible.
6. Photos must be taken from above with the kayak clearly visible in the background.
7. Assigned identifiers must be visible. *
8. The fish’s eye & mouth must be fully visible.*
9. Fish must be visibly unharmed.
10. Measuring device must lay flat, be placed on your lap, or positioned at an angle such that the fence of the board is below the end of the device. At no time shall it be positioned at an angle with the fence of the board raised above the remainder of the board.*
* Failure to meet these criteria will result in a DQ of the fish in question.
Here are a couple of videos demonstrating the Catch-Photo-Release procedure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIIxP3f5JPs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTP-J-YImHo
Participants grant the events’ director and sponsors all rights to use their photos, names, voice, and biographical information in any promotion, production, articles, or press releases without entitlement to royalties or compensation in connection with such use.
Photo Submission Criteria
1. Photos to be submitted on the FishDonkey application (iAngler during COVID).
2. Photos must be uploaded by the 2:00pm cutoff.
3. Only fish scoring pictures to be submitted.
1. Your measuring device(s) may be checked at any time.
2. Approved measuring devices are Hawg Trough & Ketch board, with the exception of the Online Pike event where any factory manufactured board will be accepted.
Rules, Interpretation and Protests
1. All the rules are decided and interpreted by the Tournament Director.
2. The Tournament Director’s decisions are FINAL.
3. Any protests shall be immediately directed to the Tournament Director.
4. Once the awards ceremony begins all results are official and final.
Ties During all Events
In the event of a tie the big fish by each angler will determine the winner. If the big fish ties then the next longest will determine the winner, etc.
Prizes and Awards
Based on a minimum of 5 anglers to a maximum of 59 anglers the money from the pool will be divided as follows:
1st = 50%, 2nd = 30%, 3rd = 20%
In the event of a 60+ angler tournament the pool will be divided as follows:
1st = 42%, 2nd = 27%, 3rd = 11%, 4th = 9%, 5th = 6%, 6th = 5%.
If less than five participants in any given event the winner will take all the money from the pool.
Angler of the Year will be determined by the sum of their best 4 of 5 Bass tournaments. In the event of a tie, the largest fish caught across the anglers 4 best tournaments will determine AOY or overall placement.
If you have any questions feel free to e-mail here: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or check out our Facebook Group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kaao.ca/
Disclaimer Click to Read
**By proceeding to payment you are accepting the liability waiver below**
Kayak Anglers Association of the Outaouais Fishing Tournament
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
For consideration of participation in the On The Water Tournament Series (“Fishing Tournaments”) being held by the Kayak Anglers Association of the Outaouais (KAAO) I agree as follows:
Compliance with Rules and Applicable Legislation
1. I (or my child) will observe and obey all rules and safety procedures that accompany the Fishing Tournaments as attached as Schedule A to this form and as may be amended from time to time.
2. I agree that I (or my child) will exhibit appropriate behavior at all times and will obey all laws including but not limited to the Ontario Fishing regulations & Quebec Fishing regulations.
3. As is set out in the rules, I agree that I (or my child) will wear at all times a Canadian Coast Guard Approved Personal Flotation Device (PFD). I understand that if I (or my child) remove the PFD at any time while on the water, I (or my child) will be automatically disqualified from the Fishing Tournament without a refund.
4. I (or my child) will abide by any decision of an event official related to my (or my child’s) participation in the Fishing Tournaments. I acknowledge that KAAO and event officials may disqualify me (or my child) and ask me (or my child) to leave the Fishing Tournaments, without refund, should my (or my child’s) behavior endanger the safety of any other person or negatively affect the Fishing Tournament, the facility, or property of any kind.
Inherent and Potential Risks
5. I understand that Fishing Tournaments involve strenuous physical activity associated with kayak fishing and that physical activity, by its very nature, carries with it certain inherent risks.
6. I assume all risks associated with participating in the Fishing Tournaments relating to the risk of strenuous physical activity including, but not limited to, all manner of injuries, paralysis, and death.
7. I assume all risks associated with contact with other participants, including negligent or wanton acts of other participants, failure of other participants to observe the rules of the Fishing Tournament, any defects of conditions of premises (including high or low water levels and rough waters), and the effects of weather including but not limited to high heat, thunderstorms, lightning, precipitation, cold temperatures, high winds, and/or humidity.
8. I agree to dress myself (and/or my child) appropriately as to mitigate risk of physical injury to myself (and/or my child) including, but not limited to wearing shoes appropriate for strenuous physical activity involved in the Fishing Tournaments and dressing appropriately for the weather.
9. I am fully aware of the risks connected with participation in the Fishing Tournaments, whether specifically listed in this release or not, and I (or my child) voluntarily elect to participate in the Fishing Tournaments knowing that this participation involves these risks.
10. I attest that I (and/or my child) am (are) medically and physically able to participate in the Fishing Tournaments.
11. If I experience any doubt as to my (or my child’s) ability to successfully and safely participate in and/or complete the Fishing Tournaments, I take full responsibility for consulting a physician.
12. I attest that, if I (or my child) am pregnant, have any pre-existing condition, or have recently suffered an illness, injury, or impairment, that I (or my child) should have or did consult a physician prior to participating in the Fishing Tournaments.
13. I consent to emergency medical care and transportation during the Fishing Tournaments in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me (or my child) as medical professionals may deem appropriate.
Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability, Release, and Covenant Not To Sue
14. To the extent permitted by law, in no way shall KAAO its founder, tournament director, judges, past and present members, and volunteers (collectively, the “Releasees”) be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including but not limited to damages arising from causes of actions related to injury to me (or my child) resulting from my (or my child’s) participation or attendance in the Fishing Tournament, even if the Releasees have been notified of the possibility of the damage.
15. The Releasees do not assume any responsibility for me (or my child) and by participating in the Fishing Tournaments and I agree to release the Releasees from any and all claims, actions damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature arising out of, or in connection with, the Fishing Tournaments including the selection of a winner.
16. This release extends to any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the medical treatment and/or transportation provided in the event of an emergency, including, but not limited to, emergency rescue operations.
17. This release also extends to any loss or damage to personal items or property before, during, and after the Fishing Tournaments.
18. Notwithstanding the clauses above, KAAO’s maximum liability arising from any claims in connection with the Fishing Tournaments shall not exceed $100.
I agree to indemnify and hold KAAO harmless from any claims, demands, damages, liabilities and costs (including legal fees) asserted by any third party relating in any way to my (or my child’s) breach of the foregoing.
19. I agree that if any portion of this release is deemed to be invalid, the remainder of the release will still be binding and enforceable.
I acknowledge and represent that I have carefully read and understand all terms of this release and waiver of liability.
ONLY COMPLETE BELOW SECTION IF YOU ARE A PARENT OR GUARDIAN OF A PARTICIPANT UNDER THE AGE OF 18:
I, the parent(s) or guardian(s) of the above-named participant, hereby give my/our approval to this child’s participation in the Fishing Tournaments.