CCA Florida Trash Tournament - World Oceans Day 2020
Need Help? Contact Us
CCA Florida Trash Tournament
World Oceans Day 2020
On June 8th each year, we celebrate the ocean, its importance in our lives, and how each of us can protect it, no matter where we live. World Oceans Day raises the profile of the ocean, connects people worldwide, and inspires continuing action year-round to protect and restore this amazing resource that we all depend on.
Coastal Conservation Association Florida is a non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of Florida’s marine resources. Founded in 1985 and one of the 19 state chapters of the national CCA Organization, we work with our 19,000+ members, including recreational anglers and outdoor enthusiasts, to conserve and enhance marine resources and coastal environments in our state.
Welcome to the CCA Florida Trash Tournament. An event run like a fishing tournament, but instead of submitting fish, you will submit your catch of trash. We have come up with a unique and fun way to encourage people to get outside and help clean our coastal environments. There are plenty of cool prizes to be given away. One trash submission equals one raffle entry. The more trash photos you submit, the greater your chances of winning a pair of Costa Sunglasses, an Engel cooler, and much more! Ready, GO!
Events & Schedule
06/06/2020 08:00 AM
World Oceans Day!
06/08/2020 12:00 PM
06/13/2020 03:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
CCA Florida Trash Tournament
A Statewide Coastal Cleanup on World Ocean’s Day
Rules and Regulations
- Participants must register correctly and fill in all required fields on the iAngler Tournament App or web page.
- The Tournament starts at 8am EST on Saturday, June 1st.
- No photos of trash picked up prior to this date and time will be submitted. Our system recognizes photo time stamps.
- Participants may only submit their photos between 8am on June 1st to 3pm on June 8th (Eastern Standard Time).
- If a participant has trouble uploading the pictures onto the website or app, they must submit their photos and all required field information to email@example.com prior to 3pm EST.
- One 5-gallon bucket or equivalent size full of trash will count as one (1) bucket.
- You may submit one photo with many buckets in the picture. Please select the appropriate number of buckets in the photo.
- One bucket=one raffle entry
- If you collect a piece of trash that is larger than one (1) 5-gallon bucket, it will count as one bucket/entry. (for example, a washed up chair would count as one bucket/entry).
- Tournament submissions end promptly at 3pm EST on Saturday, June 8th.
- Winners will be announced within 24 hours.
- 3 attempts to contact each winner will be made. If the winner does not respond within one week of the last and final attempt, they forfeit their prize.
Thank you for participating in our largest coastal cleanup event to date!
Disclaimer Click to Read
RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE
COASTAL CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION FLORIDA, ET AL
For good valuable consideration, including without limitation the acceptance of the undersigned's entry or participation in the CCA Florida - 2019 World Oceans Day "Trash Tournament" on June 8, 2019 (the "Event") and being permitted to participate in certain related activities, the undersigned, for himself and his personal representatives, heirs, guest, invitees, employees and crew members hereby (1) RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES, AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the following:
Coastal Conservation Association Florida
and their Chapters, subsidiaries, related entities, respective members, volunteers, heirs, successors, assigns, officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and subcontractors (collectively, the "Releasees") from all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs and next of kin, and for all loss or damage, and all claims or damages therefor, on account of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to the undersigned, his guests, invitee, employees or crew, during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event and related activities or while the undersigned is competing, or participating, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; (2) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees and each of them from and against all claims, actions, causes of action, damages, liabilities, losses and judgments (collectively, the "Claims") of or by all guests, invitee, employees and crew of the undersigned for bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage which they may suffer or incur during the Event or arising out of or in any way in connection with the Event or related activities, regardless of whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of Releasees; and (3) ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for and risk of bodily injury, personal injury, death or property damage of or to himself, his guests, invitees, employees or crew and his boat and equipment due to negligence of Releasees or otherwise during the Event or while participating in the Event or related activities or while in or on the Event premises and the common properties and recreational areas and adjacent docks, piers and boat slips.
The undersigned agrees to pay all of the Releasees' costs of defending all Claims and further agrees that this Release, Indemnification and Agreement Not to Sue is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Florida and that, if any portion of this agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.