Steve Schumann Memorial - WINTER CLASSIC
Michael WisselStriped Bass
Rob SchouStriped Bass
Greg ShuteStriped Bass
Adam SmithStriped Bass
Tom MusserStriped Bass
David GillStriped Bass
Jeremy KaltreiderStriped Bass
STANLEY KOLLERStriped Bass
Frank BonannoStriped Bass
Dale CoonStriped Bass
Kyle McMasterStriped Bass
Brad FoxwellStriped Bass
Andrew SnellStriped Bass
Dalton TerrellStriped Bass
Greg FerenschakStriped Bass
Ben NicholsStriped Bass
Jon DeHartStriped Bass
Joshua KaltreiderStriped Bass
TYLER WATSONStriped Bass
Steve HunterStriped Bass
TYLER WATSONStriped Bass
Jim FrazettiStriped Bass
Nicholas GarrottStriped Bass
Jonathan GriffithsStriped Bass
Need Help? Contact Us
PHOTO IDENTIFIER SYMBOL = #
A POUND/HASHTAG SYMBOL SHOULD BE DRAWN ON YOUR RULER OR HAND AND VISIBLE IN EACH PICTURE. JUDGES WILL ALSO CONFIRM DATE AND TIME OF PICTURE BY IMBEDED META DATA CREATED WHEN PICTURE IS TAKEN.
RANDOM PRIZES DETERMINED BY TIME PICTURE IS RECEIVED BY SERVERS OR JUDGES
1ST ROCKFISH OVER 30" = $150 JLS CUSTOM RODS GIFT CERTIFICATE
10TH ROCKFISH ENTERED = PAIR OF COSTA SUNGLASSES
20TH ROCKFISH ENTERED = BOE MARINE PERSONAL LOCATOR BECON
30TH ROCKFISH ENTERED = PAIR OF COSTA SUNGLASSES
LAST ROCKFISH ENTERED BEFORE LINES OUT = SHIMANO COMBO
FIRST NON-ROCKFISH = PAIR OF COSTA SUNGLASSES
Steve Schumann Memorial
~ A Light Tackle Fishing Competition ~
DECEMBER 7TH, 2019
7AM to 3PM
MISSION BBQ BUFFET 3PM
AWARDS PARTY @4PM
As fall fades into winter each year, rockfish move to deeper water of the Bay and its many rivers to gorge on bait and prepare for winter. It is at this time of year that some of the best fishing can occur. Many light tackle anglers are known to follow the fish throughout this transition and focus on the southern reaches of the Maryland portion of the Bay.
The Steve Schumann Memorial WINTER CLASSIC is a light tackle, team-based tournament that celebrates the changes of the fishing season that energize all hardcore anglers.
Buzz's Marina is the perfect jump off location for fishing throughout the year and this tournament promises to bring the angling community together to celebrate some great light tackle fishing.
Does your team have what it takes to win?
Scoring is based on a 3 fish combined stringer from a max of 6 anglers per boat team. You MAY fish with less than 6 anglers, but MAY NOT fish with more, so choose your team members wisely!
The WINTER CLASSIC is a catch-photo-release tournament. As most anglers know, striped bass managers consider the fish to be overfished and overfishing is occurring. This means there are less fish out there than management plans prescribe and that we are taking them from the water at higher rates than acceptable for sustainability.
Tournament leaders know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with anglers keeping fish to take home for dinner, but this tournament will require that a fish be released to be considered for a prize.
This choice allows all teams(up to 6 anglers) to compete for top prizes, and limit the event’s overall impact on the striped bass resource at this time.
Survival rates for fish are nearly 99% when the water is cold, has moderate salinity, are shallow hooked, handled carefully and quickly returned to the water. This tournament will work to promote these facts and educate anglers when catch and release fishing should and should not be done based on varying conditions and fishing techniques.
1st, 2nd, 3rd Longest 3 Fish TEAM Stringer
Longest Fish caught by INDIVIDUAL
1st, 2nd, 3rd Youth Longest Fish
1st Place Team - $1500 Alltackle Gift Card
2nd Place Team - $ 1000 Alltackle Gift Card
3rd Place Team - $500 Alltackle Gift Card
Longest Rockfish - 50 qt. Engel Cooler
Door Prizes, Sponsor Giveaways, and More Prizes to Come
THIS IS A TEAM BASED COMPETITION. ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST FISH ON THE SAME BOAT TOGETHER WITH A MAX OF 6 PER TEAM.
THERE ARE PRIZES FOR INDIVIDUAL CATCHES BUT ALL ENTRANTS NEED TO BE ON A TEAM. TEAM MEMBERS NEED TO USE THE EXACT TEAM NAME.
HOW TO REGISTER
- A FREE IANGLER TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ENTER THE TOURNAMENT.
- THE SYSTEM RECOGNIZES YOUR EMAIL AND CREATES A USER NAME.
- IF YOU HAVE A USER NAME AND CANNOT REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD, OR NEED HELP REGISTERING, PLEASE EMAIL INFORMATION@CCAMD.ORGAND A CCA MARYLAND STAFF MEMBER WILL ASSIST YOU WITH REGISTRATION.
- ONCE REGISTERED AND LOGGED INTO IANGLERTOURNAMENT YOU CAN MOVE FORWARD WITH PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION AS DESCRIBED BELOW
- TEAMSMAY REGISTER USING THE TEAM BUTTON IF THE PERSON REGISTERING HAS ALL 6 TEAM NAMES AND EMAILS AVAILABLE.
- USE THE INDIVIDUAL ANGLER OPTION TO REGISTER PEOPLE ONE AT A TIME, EACH TEAM MEMBER MUST ENTER THE EXACT SAME TEAM NAME FOR EACH TEAM MEMBER
OPTIONAL REGISTRATION BY PHONE: A SINGLE EMAIL, LISTING ALL TEAM MEMBERS MAY BE SENT TO INFORMATION@CCAMD.ORG WITH NAME, EMAIL AND PHONE NUMBERS OF ALL 4 TEAM MEMBERS TO REQUEST REGISTRATION VIA CHECK, CASH, OR CC PAYMENT OVER THE PHONE. A REPRESENTATIVE FROM CCA MARYLAND WILL CONTACT YOU TO HANDLE ALL REGISTRATION.
$450 per TEAM of 6 Anglers ($75 PER ANGLER)
-6 Tickets to Buzz's Tournament Party/ Bonfire
-6 Tournament Bags & Giveaways
$75 Per ANGLER
-Ticket to Buzz's Tournament Party/ Bonfire
- Tournament Bag
Youth Entry Free with CCA Maryland Membership
Use Coupon Code CCAYOUTH to bypass entry fee OR contact firstname.lastname@example.org to provide youth name and email if available. Youth will be added to adult iangler account, and adults will be able to log youth catch on tournament day.
The following additional calcuttas are available to be entered in addition to the tournament to win the prizes listed below
CCA Maryland - $40
INDIVIDUAL Longest fish win’s CCA Maryland Prize Pack.
$500 Engel Cooler Gift Certificate OR $500 Aftco Gift Certificate for winner
****Enter via paypal button on computer only****
Cash, Check, or CC Entry available per request to email@example.com
ADDITIONAL CALCUTTA ENTRIES COMING SOON!
$450 USDTeam Event
Min: 1 Angler
Max: 6 Angler
Tournament is over
UPDATE: MORE PRIZES AND PHOTO IDENTIFIER=#
1 month 2 weeks ago
Steve Schumann Memorial - WINTER CLASSIC - Capt. Meeting Info
1 month 2 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ACCORDING TO MARYLAND RECREATIONAL FISHING REGULATIONS AND ON HOOK AND LINE.
- FISHING BOUNDARIES & DATES/TIMES: Chesapeake Bay and Tributaries. LINES IN: 7:00am 12/7/2019 LINES OUT: 3:00PM 12/7/2019
- SPECIES: Striped Bass / Rockfish Catch, Photo, Release. All fish entered for competition shall be released in a manner to maximize health and survivability of the released fish.
- ALLOWED FISHING TACKLE: Light Tackle only. Artificial scent, liquid/gel color or lure enhancement allowed. No Trolling or use of live/dead bait.
- A single, clear and readable photo of your catch should be taken against the 48” CCA MD ruler. Rulers received at a previous years CCA MD or Boat Yard Bar and Grill Tournament or Fish for a Cure are allowed.
- Tournament participants will be provided a tournament identifier after sunset on Friday Dec 6th via iAngler and on CCA Maryland's Facebook page. The Identifier must be visible in all pictures and may be printed out, drawn on a hand or ruler, or be made visible in all pictures of fish.
- The overall fish length will be judged based on the image you provide from the snout to the tip of the tail. The tail may be pinched.
- To properly measure a fish, place it directly next to or on top of the ruler, w/ the nose towards the zero mark. Any length of fish beyond the zero inches mark of the ruler will not count towards the official length. Rulers MAY NOT be modified in any way, but it IS RECOMMENDED that a fish be placed against a bulkhead, or attached to a board to allow the snout of the fish to be even with the zero mark.
- Any fish caught longer than 48” should be photographed next to the ruler
- No fish below the legal size limit may be entered.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to inspect any participant’s ruler before, during, or after judging and disqualify any catch if a ruler modification is suspected. Failure to present the ruler to judges at their request may result in disqualification.
- Tournament officials reserve the right to examine the embedded metadata of any photo image to confirm the validity of picture. Photos with edited or missing metadata may be disallowed at the judge’s discretion. Judges may ask to view the original image on your phone or camera. Failure to provide an original image may result in disqualification
- Participants may not change boats during the tournament.
- All occupants on a single vessel must be entered in the tournament.
- Youth entries may not be counted toward a team stringer unless youth is fishing as part of team under paid registration.
- All participants reserve the right to challenge any photo judgement before 4:30 Pm or when judging ends if later than 4:30pm.
- Judges reserve the right to disqualify any entry and have final say in determination of fish length by a 2/3 majority vote.
- Tie breaker determined by time of entry or when stringer length is submitted based on the time that the photo is taken by an angler.
- Measurements will be made to nearest 1/4”
Pictures shall be submitted via the iAngler Tournament smart phone app BEFORE LINES OUT(3pm).
In case of a tie, the individual that turns in their catch first or team reaches the stringer length first is the winner.
For participants without a smart phone or that have technical difficulties, pictures must be submitted in person to the judges at the Buzz's Marina by 4:00pm . Participants must be in line for judging or checked in with judges and placed on a list at Buzz's by 4:00pm to have their non app submitted pictures judged.
No catch logged after 3:00pm or submitted after 4:00pm ( in person) will count in the tournament.
Participants must confirm that their catch has been recorded properly, and can do so through the iAngler Tournament Scoreboard throughout the day.
Youth participants without a smartphone or email may be connected to an adults account PRIOR to lines in for catch logging purposes.
If fishing on a boat with multiple participants you may submit catch under one persons name, or add an anglers name in the notes section of the catch submission.
Disclaimer Click to Read
Failure to comply with any rule or regulation of the tournament, or law, rule or regulation of Maryland State Fishing Guide, may cause the disqualification of an angler or the anglers catch. Any registered angler so disqualified shall not be entitled to any prize, award, or entry refund.
Weather: All anglers will fish at their own discretion and at their own risk. Entry refunds for weather may be granted by the sole decision of the tournament committee
Indemnity: All anglers will fish at their own risk. All anglers agree to indemnity and hold harmless all members of the Coastal Conservation Association Maryland Tournament Committee, Directors, Sponsors, and their agents and employees from any and all liability, loss or damage they may suffer as a result of this fishing tournament.
Miscellaneous: The tournament committee reserves the right to refuse the registration of any angler.