2019 Rockwall Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament
Need Help? Contact Us
Welcome to the 2019 Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament!
This friendly tournament is aimed to help ages 10-16 get outside and have fun. Participants should be ready to begin the tournament by 9am, and therefore should arrive by 8:30 if they have their own kayak, or 8:45 if they need to borrow one of ours. All equipment can be borrowed from us if given advanced notice. This includes a kayak, PFD, paddle, and fishing pole. Participants are of course welcome to supply all of their own equipment as well.
This event does require a smartphone which we recommend placing in a waterproof case or bag. Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat, and a shirt with SPF is also recommended.
- Top three fishermen will receive some cool prizes
- Everyone will receive a reward for participation
- Borrow our kayak and life jackets or bring your own!
- $15/$10 Discounted Resident Fee
$10 USDIndividual Angler
Tournament is over
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 month 2 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 month 2 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Participants with personal kayak arrive
07/13/2019 08:30 AM
Participants needing kayaks arrive
07/13/2019 08:45 AM
Begin briefing of rules and safety
07/13/2019 09:00 AM
Begin launching kayaks
07/13/2019 09:15 AM
Tournament officially begins
07/13/2019 09:30 AM
07/13/2019 11:30 AM
07/13/2019 11:45 AM
07/13/2019 12:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
City of Rockwall Kayak Bass Fishing Tournament Rules and Standards
* Fishing and photos must be at/in Phelps Lake from 9:30am-11:30am on July 13
* Participants may get out of Kayak as long as:
* They leave their PFD on
* They stay in the designated areas of the shore-line
* Only bass will be considered in the competition - other species of fish do not count
* Participants must wear PFD at all times
* Fsh cannot appear to be dead, appear to be mutilated, or altered in any way - otherwise the photo will be discounted.
* Participant must catch the fish, place it on the measuring board, photograph the fish through the iAngler app, and then release the fish back into the lake.
* Participants may not receive help from 3rd parties during the competition
* Bass may only be caught using rod, reel, or line - there will be no allowance of traps, snares, set lines, or other methods of fishing.
* Competitors may share any equipment with each other, though every participant must have PFD
* Only one rod, reel, or line may be used at a time by each participant
* This is a kayak bass fishing tournament, and thus only kayaks are permissible water vehicles
* Towing is not permissible except for in emergency situations
* Every photo must be clearly legible and visible - the whole fish must be on the board and the tail must be flat against the measuring board
* Hands may only be over main body of fish and cannot cover the caudal fin, lips, eye, or gills
* PFD may only be briefly removed in order to remove a shirt, but then must be immediately placed back on
* Kayak cannot be underway
* Lines may not be in the water
* Participant is over the age of 12
Disclaimer Click to Read
KAYAK BASS FISHING WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
READ BEFORE REGISTERING FOR ANY KBF COMPETITIVE EVENT AND/OR SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the City of Rockwall’s Kayak Bass Fishing Tournamnet Event and its related competition and activities, I, the undersigned (or Registrant), being under the age of 18, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. I affirm that Registrant’s participation in any City of Rockwall Bass Fishing Event is voluntary and declare that Registrant is physically fit and capable to participate in such; and
2. I acknowledge that kayak fishing participation and competition involves certain inherent dangers, and hazards; that the risk of injury from the activities involved in this event is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, physical fitness, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
3. Registrant (and Adult Parent, Guardian, or Designated Adult Supervisor) KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for Registrant’s participation; and,
4. If, however, Registrant or Adult Supervisor observes any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and immediately bring such to the attention of the City of Rockwall Official or Tournament Directors; and,in full recognition and appreciation of the dangers and risks inherent in such activities, I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS the City of Rockwall and its owners, officers, managers, officials, volunteer event staff, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, event service and technology providers (including but not limited to TourneyX), and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“Releasees”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and I hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Releasees from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action, for costs, loss, expenses, or damages to personal property, or personal injury, or death, which may result from Registrant’s participation in the City of Rockwal’s Bass Fishing Event.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.