Hobie Bass Open (Youth Division) & Fun Festival
Need Help? Contact Us
The Hobie Bass Open is a Catch Photograph and Release (CPR) kayak fishing tournament that will serve as a qualifiing event for the Hobie Fishing Worlds 2015 to be announced in early 2015. The overall winner of the event will receive automatic entry and airfare to compete as a member of Team USA. 100% cash payout and plenty of sponsored prizes.
Entertain your family and friends along side the tournament at the Hobie Fun Fest. We will have kayak, SUP and sailing demos for all to enjoy. Kentucky Dam Village offers excellent accommodations and the area has plenty of fun activities.
For more information and rules, visit hobiefishing.com.
Series: Hobie Bass Open & Fishing Festival
$25 USDIndividual Angler
Processing fee of $1.05 USD will be added to the registration fee.
Tournament is over
Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard (using the mobile app)
1 year 10 months ago
Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard (using the web portal)
1 year 10 months ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament!
1 year 10 months ago
Events & Schedule
05/29/2015 04:00 PM
Tournament Registration will be closed
05/29/2015 06:00 PM
Official Day 1 Token will get passed out from 6-6:30pm Central Time.
05/29/2015 06:00 PM
Mandatory Captain’s Meeting to go over rules, format, and sponsors.
05/29/2015 06:30 PM
Participants are allowed to begin fishing at safe light. This time will be delivered at captains meeting.
05/30/2015 12:00 AM
The check-in process will start at 2pm CT and continue until all on-time participants have checked in
05/30/2015 02:00 PM
Participants must be in line to have their token on the check-in board
05/30/2015 03:00 PM
Official Day 2 Token will get passed out from 6-7pm
05/30/2015 06:00 PM
Recap of day 1; Acknowledgement of top 10 anglers with pictures; Go over Day 2 format; Drawing for sponsor promoted items.
05/30/2015 07:00 PM
Participants are allowed to begin fishing at safe light.
05/31/2015 12:00 AM
The check-in will start at 2pm CT and continue until all on time participants have checked in.
06/05/2015 02:00 PM
Participants must be in line to have their token on the check-in board by 3:00pm CT
06/05/2015 03:00 PM
Once all anglers have checked-in and inches have been totaled and checked, we will begin the awards process to complete the tournament.
06/05/2015 03:30 PM
Rules and Regulations
1. Registration and Entry Fee: All participants must completely fill out the official registration form available at http://2015hobiebassopen.eventbrite.com or at the tournament location. $100.00 early entry @ http://2015hobiebassopen.eventbrite.com. Late registration will be taken onsite $125.00 CASH ONLY must be paid to the judge when registration form is turned in. This event will be 100% payout!
2. Format: Anglers will be participating in a two day event using CPR format. Anglers will turn in pictures of their best 3 Black Bass (Largemouth, Smallmouth, Spotted) each day. Anglers must be using an approved Hawg Trough measuring device. A limited number of Hawg Troughs will be available for purchase at the event.
3. Vessel: Anglers must be fishing from a non-motorized vessel. Kayak, Canoe, and SUP are the only permitted watercrafts in this event. Only one person per vessel.
4. Launch and access: Anglers are allowed to launch at any public access ramp on Kentucky and Barkley Lakes. Anglers must have a valid Kentucky or Tennessee fishing license for whichever state they will be fishing in. Any area marked off-limits is to be honored. Any angler caught launching or fishing in an off-limits area will be disqualified. Anglers are responsible for paying their launch fee at whichever launch they use.
a. All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and hook on the day of the tournament. No other methods are permitted.
b. Artificial lures and flies only.
c. Fish must be hooked in the mouth. Fowl hooked Fish are ineligible.
d. No live bait.
e. Only 1 rod may be used at a time.
f. Trolling is NOT permitted.
g. Any angler caught violating these rules will be disqualified.
h. The use of Umbrella Rigs, Scents, Gulp, and Pork Trailers IS permitted.
i. Largemouth, Smallmouth and spotted Bass measuring at least 12 inches.
6. Token: Anglers will be given a Token for each day of the tournament. This token is very important to the angler as it must be in the picture of your fish for the fish to count. This token is also how you check-in on time at the end of each day. An angler is responsible for this token from the moment it is assigned to them until they check in for the day. No replacement tokens will be available.
7. Photo: All fish must be photographed on an approved Hawg Trough measuring device. You are allowed to use a camera phone or digital camera for the picture.
a. Fish must be lying flat, facing left to right, with mouth closed in a natural resting position centered against the vertical portion of the Trough. The fish must appear in a natural state. Any manipulation of the fish will result in a penalty. The tail will be measured as it lies.
b. Only the anglers’ hand can hold the fish down on the board. Use of bands, grips, stringers, etc… Will result in a disqualification of that fish.
c. Photo must be taken on the angler’s kayak with the Token clearly visible in every picture for it to count.
d. Anglers are responsible for having pictures clear and visible for the judge’s view. Multiple shots of a fish for clarity are acceptable and “hero” shots are encouraged. The judge and Tournament Director have official say on a fish’s length.
e. Anglers should be prepared with SD card or cord to plug into a computer with whichever allowed camera device they are using. Expect to unlock cell phones that are used and to relinquish cell phones or cameras requiring cords for download until judging is completed. Pictures of submitted fish should not be deleted off of the device until the tournament has concluded.
8. Judging: The judge will round down to the closest .25” from where the tail lies. Judges have full discretion on open mouth and where the tail lies. If there is a questionable photo, judges can ask tournament director to make final ruling. Once 3 fish are judged and submitted, an anglers’ day total is final.
9. Ties: Any ties in total inches will be broken by single longest fish. In the case that single longest fish are tied then the second single longest fish will be used and so on. In the case that all three fish are identical length, then the earliest checkin time of the day will break the tie.
10. Safety: All anglers are to follow the laws specifically stated by the local Department of Fish and Wildlife. Each angler must have a valid fishing license for the days they will be on water. All participants must wear their life vest through the duration of the competition.
11. Ethics: Anglers are to use sportsmanship on and off the water. Be respectful of other participants that are launching or fishing in similar areas to you. Anglers are expected to follow all the rules. Each angler can be subjected to a lie detector test to validate honest participation. Anyone caught cheating could receive punishment by law and receive lifetime bans from other kayak fishing events and tournaments.
a. Open Mouth on fish; .5” deduction penalty.
b. Unnatural manipulation of the fish; .5” deduction penalty
c. Any device, other than the hand, holding a fish to the trough; fish will be disqualified
d. Token and/ or boat missing in photo; fish will be disqualified.
a. Angler does not turn in their token by 3pm their catch that day will be 0.
b. Anglers Violating the Catch Rules.
c. Any fish on a stringer or restrained to Hawg trough by any other means than competitors hand.
14. Formal complaints: Any participant wishing to file a formal complaint against a competitor must do so in writing previous to the conclusion of check-in at each day. This complaint must be turned in, in writing, specifically explaining the violation and by whom; it must be signed and turned into the Tournament Director with a $100 deposit.
Payout and Prizes
a. The winner of the 2015 Hobie Bass Open will qualify for the 2015 Hobie Fishing Worlds. If the winner cannot attend, the next place finisher will receive that opportunity and so on. A predetermined portion of the tournament pot will go to the angler that is able to attend the 2015 Hobie Fishing Worlds. With 100% payout going to the anglers.
b. For the adult division; payout will be based on the amount of participants. For every 10 participants we will pay out 1 place. IE: A field of 120 will pay out 12 places.
c. Prizes won or received at the event are final. There is no official trading or switching of items won.
Q: Can you recommend good accommodations?
A: Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park
166 Upper Village Dr. Gilbertsville, KY 42044
Q: Do I need a fishing license?
A: Yes, you will need a fishing license for the state you will be fishing in. The lake is in Kentucky and Tennessee. Your license need will depend on the area you plan to fish.
Q: Do I have to fish from a Hobie to win?
A: No, you may fish from the kayak of your choice.
Q: Can I fish from a 2 person kayak?
A: Yes, but only one person per boat.
Q: Can two people fish from the same boat?
Q: Can I use a trolling motor?
A: No, pedal or paddle only.
Q: Can I register on-site?
A: Yes, cash only between 4pm and 6pm.
Q: Am I going to enjoy the event?
A: Yes, bring your happy face.
Q: Is trolling allowed?
Q: Is live bait allowed?
A: No, artificial only.
Q: Can I fish from the bank?
A: No, all fish must be caught from the kayak.
Q: Is wade fishing allowed?
Q: Do I pinch the tail for measurement?
A: No natural lay. Do not manipulate the fish.
Q: Can two people share one camera?
Q: What if I win and cannot make it to the “Worlds”?
A: If the first place angler cannot fulfill the invite, then the second place angler will receive the offer and trip. If the second place angler is unable to make the event then the invite and trip goes to the third place angler. The winner of the competition will have 30 days to notify Hobie of their intent to compete.