2019 Striper Cup - Hobie Worlds Kayak Qualifier
Scott SchenckStriped Bass
Eric AlbertStriped Bass
Peter KellyStriped Bass
Tom OBrienStriped Bass
Elliot ThomasStriped Bass
Daniel SavageStriped Bass
James ChappelStriped Bass
Tom FuciniStriped Bass
Corey PelletierStriped Bass
Tom HoudeStriped Bass
Jay HanecakStriped Bass
Joshua BeutlerStriped Bass
Derek WilliamsStriped Bass
Joseph WelchStriped Bass
Marco SousaStriped Bass
Michael KelleyStriped Bass
Bob NeuweilerStriped Bass
Eric HarrisonStriped Bass
Cory MooreStriped Bass
Shawn BarhamStriped Bass
Michael DeMarcoStriped Bass
Steve ForteStriped Bass
Sean KellyStriped Bass
Adrian NievesStriped Bass
Need Help? Contact Us
The 2019 Striper Cup
Hobie Worlds Kayak Qualifier
The Striper Cup is a 5-month celebration of striped bass, and fishermen of all stripes are invited. It’s like no other fishing tournament, uniting thousands of participants from Maine to New Jersey. Join the Striper Cup, and you can compete for hundreds of valuable prizes. Then, come party at StriperFest on Cape Cod Saturday, September 15, and submit your golden ticket for a chance to win a fully loaded NorthCoast fishing boat.
To enter the "2019 Striper Cup - Hobie Worlds Kayak Qualifier", you must first register for the 2019 Striper Cup at www.StriperCup.com. Registration is $45 for adults.
Tournament opens at 12:01 AM on May 1, 2019. Fish must be submitted by 6:00pm on September 15, 2019. Anglers must submit their entries within 1 week of actual catch date and may not submit more than 10 fish per week. You can register any time, but you must be registered at least 1 day before commencing to fish. StriperFest will be held on Saturday, September 28, 2019.
At the finale of the 20-week tournament, the top angler (total length of 10 longest fish) will qualify for the Hobie Fishing Worlds.
The top ten anglers (total length of 10 longest fish) will draw for the grand-prize Hobie Kayak
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
7 months 2 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
7 months 2 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
05/01/2019 12:00 AM
Submission deadline for catches
09/15/2019 06:00 PM
09/28/2019 12:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
2019 TOURNAMENT RULES
Entrants MUST register for the Striper Cup at StriperCup.com AND be registered through the iAngler App to participate in the Kayak Hobie World’s Qualifier division of this tournament. A competitor must be registered in the Tournament 1 day before commencing to fish.
The Tournament opens at 12:01am May 1, 2019. All catch photos must be submitted by 6:00 pm on September 15, 2019.
From the moment a fish strikes or takes bait or lure, the angler must hook, fight, and land or boat the fish without the aid of any other person except that another person may grasp the leader in order to gaff, net or grab the fish. Participants must comply with all state and federal laws governing the catch of eligible species. The fishing method known as yo-yoing, including any method that uses weights inserted into a bait and not attached to the angler’s line, is not permitted in the Striper Cup.
In the event of a tie, the first fish of record (first fish submitted) will receive the prize.
Rules Specific to the Kayak Qualifier:
Anglers must be fishing from a non-motorized vessel. Any Brand of Kayak, Canoe, or Stand up Paddleboard/Stand up Pedalboard (SUP) is permitted in this event. Only one person per vessel..All fish entered must be caught (i.e. hooked, fought, and landed) from a kayak in the states of ME, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, & NJ, without the aid of a mothership and using methods deemed legal by the state of which the fish was caught in.
Anglers will be given a 2019 Striper Cup sticker to use as a token. This token is very important to the angler as it must be in the picture of your fish for the fish to count. The token must be visible and identifiable in the submitted photograph of your fish. Replacement tokens can be printed at StriperCup.com/token.
All fish must be photographed next to a measuring device. The measuring device should be flat, such as a sticker on a paddle, or a measuring board. The fish’s mouth can be opened or closed, and the tail will be measured as it lays (do not pinch the tail.) Curved fish length, measured by a flexible tape that follows the curve of the fish’s body, is not acceptable. You can use a camera phone or digital camera for the picture.
Photo must be taken on the angler’s watercraft with the token clearly visible in every picture for it to count.
Anglers are responsible for having pictures clear and visible for the judge’s view. The judge and tournament director have official say on a fish’s length.
Anglers will have the convenience of using the iAnglerTournament App to turn in fish from their smartphone immediately after they catch it and up until 1 week after, up until 6:00 p.m. on September 15, 2019. Pictures of submitted fish should not be deleted off the device until the tournament has concluded.
Any prize won by a minor will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian named at the time of entry. Prize recipients are responsible for payment of all applicable state and federal taxes on awards. Prizes not collected at StriperFest will be subject to shipping and handling charges. Prizes not claimed by December 31, 2019 will be forfeited.
DISCLOSURE OF PRIOR OFFENSE: Participants who have been charged with a fisheries-related violation within 3 years prior to the start date of the Striper Cup must notify the Tournament Committee via letter or email prior to registration. Any participant who has been previously disqualified from the Striper Cup tournament or any other fishing tournament must also notify the Tournament Committee via letter or email prior to registration. Please include your account of the event, any supporting materials you might have, and a personal statement explaining why you should be allowed to participate in the Striper Cup.
The On The Water Tournament Committee retains sole discretion to determine the winners, to award prizes, and to resolve disagreements or disputes between and among participants in accordance with the rules of the Tournament. The Committee may disqualify from the tournament and/or from any or all future Striper Cup Tournaments any person or persons who falsify information, violate the tournament rules, falsely testify for or against any person, or act in what the committee determines to be an unsportsmanlike manner either during or prior to participation in the Tournament. Any party aggrieved by a decision of the On The Water Tournament Committee must present a written grievance, signed by the party, to the On The Water Tournament Committee within 48 hours of the decision being challenged. The Committee will investigate all grievances and may conduct a hearing to resolve the grievance. It may call witnesses, question the party involved in the incident giving rise to the grievance and, if necessary, have any and all persons involved or with knowledge of the incident submit to a polygraph test. The Committee’s decision to uphold, deny or make any ruling regarding a grievance shall be definitive and final. In no event shall any participant aggrieved by the Committee’s decision on a grievance have the right to assert a claim against or otherwise challenge the decision of the Committee or any member of the Committee in a court of law or other forum. On The Water reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value. On The Water reserves the right to use a contestant’s image and likeness for all promotional purposes. By submitting an image, you grant On The Water a nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to publish the images for On The Water and it’s Sponsors purposes in any format, including in publications and on the website.
Disclaimer Click to Read
WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any On The Water, LLC event, the undersigned agrees to the following:
1. I acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of damage to personal property, or serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from my own actions, inaction, or negligence, but the actions, inaction, or negligence of others, as a result of kayaking, fishing, wading in the water and swimming, including but not limited to perils of sea and waterways, acts of other participants, adverse sea and weather conditions, and I hereby assume complete responsibility and liability for such risks. Further, there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
2. I do hereby release, waive, discharge and COVENANT NOT TO SUE On The Water, LLC, its subsidiaries, directors, agents, employees, sponsors or any other individual in any way associated with On The Water, LLC, all of which are hereinafter referred to as the Releasee, from any and all liability to me, my heirs and next of kin for any and all claims, demands, losses or damages on account of injury, including death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence or any other actions of the Releasees or otherwise.
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
4. I hereby grant full permission to On The Water, LLC and their subsidiaries and any and all of the sponsors of this event or their representatives to use any photographs, video, or any other records of this event for any purpose whatever.
5. All prizes may be subject to federal and/or state taxes. On The Water, LLC assumes no responsibility for a winner's’ failure to report awarded prizes to the appropriate taxing authorities.
6. This waiver may not be modified in any way. If any part of this waiver is determined to be invalid by law, all other parts of this waiver shall remain valid and enforceable.
7. I hereby warrant and represent that I am over 18 years of age and have signed this WAIVER, RELEASE Of LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE freely and voluntarily.
8. I hereby warrant and represent that I am the parent or legal guardian for the named participant, and that I have signed this WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE freely and voluntarily in my capacity as their parent or legal guardian on their behalf.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE WAIVER, RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE AND UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.