Reel Recovery Annual Fly Fishing Bass Tournament
Martin Weaver 405-808-7116
Mike Veasey 405-627-7768
Tom Adams 405-990-5592
Need Help? Contact Us
REEL RECOVERY ANNUAL FLY FISHING BASS TOURNAMENT
AMERICAN HORSE LAKE, GEARY, OK
SUNDAY, JUNE 1, 2019, 1:00 TO 4:00 PM
RODS, REELS AND FLIES MUST BE EXCUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING.
THIS IS A CATCH-PHOTO-RELEASE TOURNAMENT
CATEGORIES: Prizes awarded for 5-fish photos – total length. Biggest bass. Each contestant fishes independently.
PRIZES: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place total length. Biggest bass. Door prizes at end of contest.
7:00 – 7:45 sign-in and register.
7:45– all contestants briefing.
8:00 – all contestants can start fishing.
12:00 – all fishing closes.
12:15 – 12:45 – all contestants must have photos downloaded and/or turned in to contest director.
12:00 – hamburgers and hotdogs available for all contestants.
1:00 – contest winners recognized and door prizes distributed.
1:30 – Silent Auction Items Close
REGISTRATION: Fee is $50.00.
Contestants must register ONLINE at iangulartournament.com. Contestants must download the app in order to send bass pictures as you catch them.
BY MAIL: Send registration form to RRO FFBT, PO Box 456, Mustang, OK 73064. Mail registrations must be received no later than October 3rd.
ON SITE: registration prior to contest, cash only. You must still register online.
CHECK-IN: All contestants must check-in at the registration desk by 12:00 on Sunday. Each person must sign release and verify online registration and contest rules have been read and understood.
DIRECTIONS: From the town of Geary drive north 1 mile on Hwy 281; turn left onto County Road E940 Rd. Drive 10 miles west to County N2520 Rd, turn left. Drive south approximately 1.2 miles to American Horse Lake entrance on left. Continue to the boat ramp. Registration and activities will be on the left.
American Horse Lake is Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation impoundment with 91 acres of fishable surface. It has 6.1 miles of shoreline with a maximum depth of 75 feet.
ALL PROCEEDS ARE TO SUPPORT THE TWO ANNUAL REEL RECOVERY RETREATS IN BROKEN BOW, OK
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
5 months 2 days ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
10 months 3 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Sign-in and register.
06/01/2019 07:00 AM
All contestants briefing.
06/01/2019 07:45 AM
All contestants can start fishing.
06/01/2019 08:00 AM
All fishing closes.
06/01/2019 12:00 PM
All contestants must have photos downloaded and/or turned in to contest director (12:15PM – 12:45PM).
06/01/2019 12:15 PM
Hamburgers and hotdogs available for all contestants.
06/01/2019 12:00 PM
Contest winners recognized and door prizes distributed.
06/01/2019 01:00 PM
Silent Auction Items Close
06/01/2019 01:30 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
OKLAHOMA CHAPTER REEL RECOVERY
FLY FISHING BASS TOURNAMENT
2018 OFFICIAL RULES
1. RULE ENFORCEMENT: Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director. The decision of the Tournament Director and tournament officials will be FINAL IN ALL MATTERS. All federal, state and local laws must be obeyed. All bass caught by contestants fishing together in one boat will be disqualified if any of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any tournament rules or laws.
2. PARTICIPANTS: This tournament may be fished as a boater, kayaker, tuber or from the bank of American Horse Lake. Contestants must have a valid Oklahoma Fishing License (or valid fishing license recognized by the State of Oklahoma) and another form of identification.
3. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND DRUGS: At no time during tournament hours are any alcoholic beverages or drugs, other than prescription, allowed to be consumed while on the water. Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of all entry fees.
4. SPORTSMANSHIP: All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules or any state or local laws, or brings unfavorable publicity to the sport of fly fishing will be disqualified.
5. BOATS & MOTORS: All fly fishers must comply with the regulations published for American Horse Lake. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard and state regulations and have an emergency kill switch.
6. SAFETY: BOATING SAFETY MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES. A USCG approved life preserver must be on and fastened any time the combustible engine is operative, and the kill switch must be attached to the driver. Contestants fishing out of a kayak or float tube must wear a life preserver at all times.
7. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: All fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner. Trolling with combustion engine as a method of fishing is prohibited. ONLY Fly RODS AND REELS OR FIXED LENGTH LINE RODS, LINE AND FLIES DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING MAY BE USED. No soft plastic baits, or any other type of bait, customarily used for fishing with other types of rod and reels may be used. No live or prepared bait is permitted. Liquid fish attractants are allowed. Only one (1) rod may be used at any one time. No other types of rod and reels (spinning, bait casting, spin-cast) are permitted in the boat during this tournament.
8. PROTESTS: All protests must be submitted in writing to the tournament director within 15 minutes of the final weigh-in.
9. SCORING: All fly fishers will enter their score is the total length of their biggest 5 bass in inches to the nearest 1/4 inch. Only largemouth bass at a minimum of 8 inches should be photographed. Fish should be quickly released. The individual’s longest bass will be determined for the big bass prize. Contestants may send in their fish photos at any time, but no later than 4:00 pm. All ties will result in the awards being combined and divided equally between the respective teams
11. MEASURING OF FISH: Bass should be photo'd on a metal or plastic measuring board, mouth closed and touching the left end of the scale, tail compressed to achieve greatest length to the 1/4 inch mark and your numbered hand or ID tag must be showing. Contestant must make every effort to release their fish alive after measuring.
12. PERMITTED FISHING WATERS: Fishing is restricted to the navigable waters of American Horse Lake only. Boats may be trailered to and from the weigh-in. No fishing is allowed within 10 yards of another contestant. Boaters must not fish within 30 yards of participants fishing from a kayak, float tube, pontoon, or the bank. Switching or sharing fish with other contestants or individuals will result in immediate disqualification.
13. REGISTRATION: All contestants must register and pay online at ianglertournament.com and download their app. Registration may be by mail to “RRO Fly Fishing Bass Tournament” P.O. Box 456, Mustang, OK 73064 if received no later than October 3, 2018. Registration may be made at the tournament site 11:00AM to Noon on Sunday October 7th, cash only. All contestants MUST check-in in person and sign release at the tournament tent during official registration hours.
14. FISHING HOURS: 1:00 to 4:00PM Sunday. Non-powered water craft may launch no earlier than 12:45 PM. Contestants must be in the weigh-in line no later than 4:15PM.
15. OFF LIMITS: No contestants will fish on American Horse Lake from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Sunday. All watercraft must use only public access sites to launch.
16. ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $50 per individual. The tournament will be held regardless of weather conditions and there will be no refunds of entry fees. Your entry fee is considered a donation to the Oklahoma Chapter of Reel Recovery. The organizer and tournament director reserve the right to accept or reject any entry form application
17. ASSISTANCE: During hours of competition, contestants may not receive fishing information from other competitors or non-competitors or participate in the practice of “hole sitting.”
1. Prior to fishing, individual must present his phone with iangler app and measuring board at the registration desk for approval. The measuring board must be a commercial metal or plastic model which clearly shows the numbers and lines for inch and half-inch markings. HOMEMADE, RETRACTABLE TAPE, WOODEN, FOLDING, OR SLIDING MEASURING DEVICES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ANY TIME.
2. Each contestant will be issued one identification tag and hands numbered. This tag or numbered hand must appear in all pictures of the fish and must be readable.
3. A fish photograph should show the fish with mouth completely closed touching the left end of the ruler with tail extended for maximum length, and it must also contain the ID tag or numbered hand. All fish photos must be taken with the fish facing left and the dorsal fin up. No fish will be recorded which does not comply with the prescribed photo requirements. Fish length will be rounded to the next higher half-inch.
4. No photos of duplicate, dead, mutilated, frozen or otherwise damaged fish will be accepted. Any attempts at cheating or fraud will result in permanent suspension from Oklahoma Chapter Reel Recovery Fly Fishing Bass Tournament.
5. If you cannot get a cell phone connection on the water, bring your phone to registration to have photos checked by 4:15PM.
Disclaimer Click to Read
Official Entry Form
In consideration of allowing me to participate in this tournament I acknowledge and agree as follows:
I have read and understand the Official Rules of this tournament. I will comply with all the rules and understand that any violation may result in immediate disqualification without refund of my entry fee. I also understand that tournament officials may reject my application for any reason, and in that event will refund my entry fee.
I understand and acknowledge that competitive fishing is a dangerous sport, the risks of which include, though not exclusively, drowning, collisions in the water, and injuries from hooks and other fishing equipment. I voluntarily assume responsibility for these risks, identified and not identified, and all risk of injury or death or damage to myself, or my property, or to others, including spectators and their property, arising from my participation in the tournament.
I have sufficient health, accident and liability insurance to cover any bodily injury or property damage incurred by myself or others as a result of my participation in this event. If I have no such insurance, I represent that I am capable of paying for any and all such expenses or liability.
I hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the tournament producer (Oklahoma Chapter Reel Recovery), volunteers and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this tournament, including specifically but not limited to the negligent acts or omissions of producer, agents and employees, the host, sponsors and tournament officials, and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament, for any and all injury, death, illness or disease, and other damage or loss to property suffered by myself or others. In signing this document, I acknowledge and agree that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged while I am engaged in this event, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against the producer, or volunteers, the host, sponsors, officials and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament, even if they or any of them negligently caused the bodily injury or property damage.
I give the producer permission to use my name, likeness including but not limited to photographs and video for promotional purposes. I agree to submit to and accept the results of the polygraph tests given at this event.