The Ike Foundation 2018 Celebrity Pro Am Kayak Tournament
Ryan MatylewiczLarge Mouth Bass
Mike AppalucciLarge Mouth Bass
Tom MichaelLarge Mouth Bass
Layne EllLarge Mouth Bass
Joe KomyatiLarge Mouth Bass
Bill MeisleLarge Mouth Bass
Jacob WolfeLarge Mouth Bass
Robert SmithLarge Mouth Bass
David borodziukLarge Mouth Bass
Neil TomarchioLarge Mouth Bass
Tim JaskiewiczLarge Mouth Bass
Dave JaskiewiczLarge Mouth Bass
Matthew ZappileLarge Mouth Bass
Christopher SantoroLarge Mouth Bass
Alan BenderLarge Mouth Bass
Edward VoluntadLarge Mouth Bass
Ron ChampionLarge Mouth Bass
Charles DaughertyLarge Mouth Bass
Kyle SerdukLarge Mouth Bass
Robert WarkalaLarge Mouth Bass
Need Help? Contact Us
The Ike Foundation hosts a yearly bass fishing tournament, The Ike Celebrity Pro Am, to bring Pro Anglers, Celebrities and Athletes together with the community to raise awareness and get kids fishing. This event includes a bass tournament on the Delaware River, a kayak tournament on Delaware River tributaries and a free concert and Fun Fest on the Camden Waterfront for all. All proceeds from this event go to The Ike Foundation. Our mission is to get more kids fishing and in the outdoors, especially youth in areas where those activities are not readily available.
Peter's Creek and Haddon Lake will also be considered Eligible Fishing Locations.
The Ike Foundation was established in July 2014 by professional bass fishing tournament angler Michael Iaconelli with the main goal of getting more kids involved with the sport of fishing. The Ike Foundation will assist civic organizations, existing youth fishing organizations, and other charitable organizations in sponsoring events and functions which promote fishing to both inner city and rural youth. These events and functions will teach young people the sport of fishing, the ecology of the outdoors and the responsibility each person has in order to maintain our planets natural resources. The Ike Foundation is an IRS registered 501(c)3, non-profit foundation. Gifts to the Ike Foundation are fully tax deductible to the maximum extent allowed by law.
From open registration to January 31, 2018, the price will be $100 (this does not include a dinner ticket. Dinner tickets can be purchased on www.theikefoundation.org for $50/person).
Feb 1st through April 30th, the price will be $125 (this does not include dinner ticket. Dinner tickets can be purchased on www.theikefoundation.org for $75/person).
May 1st through July 20th, the price will be $150 (this does not include dinner ticket. Dinner tickets can be purchased on www.theikefoundation.org for $75/person).
Leaderboard Off in 5 Minutes
4 months 3 weeks ago
Parking at Wiggins Park
4 months 3 weeks ago
Check-in Opens at 1:30pm at Hobie Tent
4 months 3 weeks ago
iAngler Tournament Support
4 months 3 weeks ago
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
4 months 3 weeks ago
Additional "Eligible Fishing Locations"
4 months 3 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
10 months 4 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
07/20/2018 04:30 PM
Mandatory Captains Meeting
07/20/2018 05:00 PM
07/20/2018 06:30 PM
Lines in the Water
07/21/2018 06:00 AM
Check In Deadline
07/21/2018 02:00 PM
Rules and Regulations
2018 Ike Celebrity Pro Am- Kayak Division
July 21, 2018
Event Headquarters: Camden Waterfront, Camden, NJ
Festival plaza located at the intersection of Riverside Drive and Martin Luther King Blvd
Kayak Anglers from all over the country will have the opportunity to test their skills on the tributaries of the Delaware River for a chance to win cash and prizes and 1 spot to represent Team USA in the next Hobie Fishing Worlds.
The online early entry fee for adults is $100 and is good from now until January 31, 2018 at Midnight EST. From February 1, 2018 through April 30, 2018 the entry fee will be $125.00 and after that is will be an entry fee of $150 until July 20, 2018 and can be paid onsite at the captain’s meeting on the evening of July 20, 2018. These ticket prices do not include a dinner ticket to the Pro Am dinner being held on The Battleship NJ on the evening of July 20, 2018. These tickets can be purchased for $50 per person up until January 31, 2018 and $75 per person up until the event on July 20, 2018. These tickets can be purchased on www.theikefoudation.org.
In this 1-day event, anglers will be trying to catch their 3 largest bass in a catch, photograph and release format.
The angler with the largest total inches will win the Ike Celebrity Pro Am Kayak Division.
There will be many prizes from sponsors given out as well as awards for top finishers and biggest bass. In addition, the overall 1st place finisher will qualify for the Hobie Fishing Worlds. The winner will have their airfare, accommodations and entry fee covered courtesy of Hobie Fishing.
Fishing Waters are Tributaries of the Delaware River located in Camden County, no tidal section of Newton Creek and Cooper River. Peter's Creek and Haddon Lake are also eligible fishing locations. No fishing in off-limits areas. Pre-Fishing is allowed before the tournament.
Friday, July 20 ,2018 is Registration and Meeting at the host hotel, address will be sent to you.
- Registration will be held at the host hotel and Check-in will take place at the Camden Waterfront, Camden, NJ.
- On-site registration of $150 can be paid in cash or credit
- Tournament registration will be 4:30-5 pm EST on July 20, 2018; all anglers must check-in and sign a waiver during this time period
- 5 PM EST is a mandatory Captain's Meeting to go over the rules and format. Official token will be passed out after the mandatory Captains Meeting.
- Participants are allowed to begin fishing at 6am
- Participants must be in line to have their token on the check-in board by 2pm EST
- The check-in will start at 1:30pm EST and continue until all on-time participants have
- 2:15pm EST we will begin the awards process to complete the tournament on the stage at the Camden Waterfront, Wiggins Park Stage.
The tournament dinner/auction with the Pro's will take place after the meeting at 6:30pm on the host hotel. Purchase tickets for this event on www.theikefoundation.org
1. Registration and Entry Fee: All participants must completely fill out the official registration form available at iAnglerTournament.com or at the tournament location.
$100.00 early entry is available online @ iAnglerTournament.com until January 31, 2018 at midnight EST.
$125.00 entry is available online @ iAnglerTournament.com until April 30, 2018 at midnight EST
$150.00 entry is available online @ iAnglerTournament.com until July 19, 2018 at midnight EST.
Registration will also be taken onsite between 4:30 and 5pm on July 20: $150.00 (Adult) cash or credit must be paid to a tournament official when registration form is turned in.
2. Format: Anglers will be participating in a one day event using CPR format. Anglers will turn in pictures of their best 3 black bass (largemouth, smallmouth, spotted). Anglers must be using an approved Hawg Trough measuring device.
3. Vessel: Anglers must be fishing from a non-motorized vessel. Any Brand of Kayak, Canoe, or Stand up Paddleboard/Stand up Pedalboard (SUP) is permitted in this event. Only one person per vessel.
4. Launch and Access: Anglers are allowed to launch at any public access ramp on Newton Creek or Cooper River. Peter's Creek and Haddon Lake are also eligible fishing locations. Anglers may only fish from their watercraft (kayak, canoe, SUP). Anglers may not get out of their watercraft to fish. Any angler caught fishing while outside of their watercraft during tournament hours will be disqualified. Any backwater lakes that are not accessible by paddle or pedal power directly from Newton Creek or Cooper River via water are off limits. Anglers must be able to paddle or pedal their watercraft over water that is directly connected with Newton Creek or Cooper River to access any backwaters. Portaging watercraft by foot from Newton Creek or Cooper River in to a different body of water is not allowed. Any area marked off-limits is to be honored. Any angler caught launching or fishing in any off-limits area will be disqualified. Anglers are responsible for paying their launch fee at whichever launch they use. Anglers must have a valid New Jersey fishing license.
- All fish must be taken with a fishing rod, line and hook on the day of the tournament.
- Artificial lures and flies only
- Fish must be hooked in the mouth. Purposefully foul hooked fish are ineligible
- No live bait
- Only 1 rod may be used at a time
- Trolling is NOT permitted
- Any angler caught violating these rules will be disqualified
- The use of umbrella rigs, scents, Gulp, and pork trailers is permitted
- Largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass measuring at least 12 inches will count
- Fish must be alive during photograph and released alive
No other methods are permitted
6. Token: Anglers will be given a token for the day of the tournament. This token is very important to the angler as it must be in the picture of your fish for the fish to count. This token is also how you check-in on time at the end of each day. An angler is responsible for this token from the moment it is assigned to them until they check in for the day. Replacement tokens will be available if original token is lost. You must immediately contact the tournament director to find out how you can pick up a new token.
7. Photo: All fish must be photographed on an approved Hawg Trough measuring device. You are allowed to use a camera phone or digital camera for the picture.
- Fish must be lying flat, belly towards the angler, facing to the left with mouth completely closed against the vertical wall of the Hawg Trough. Mouth must be closed in a natural resting position centered against the vertical portion of the Hawg Trough. Open mouth will result in penalty. The fish must appear in a natural state. The tail will be measured as it lies.
- Only the anglers' hand can hold the fish down on the board. Use of bands, straps, grips, stringers, hooks, lures, etc. will result in a disqualification of that fish.
- Angler's hand must not cover the fish's eye or go underneath the gill plate. If the angler's hand covers the fish's eye or the angler's hand is underneath the gill plate the fish will be disqualified
- Photo must be taken on the angler's watercraft with the token clearly visible in every picture for it to count
- Anglers are responsible for having pictures clear and visible for the judge's view. The judge and tournament director have official say on a fish's length
- Anglers will have the convenience of using the iAnglerTournament App to turn in fish from their smartphone immediately after they catch it and up until 2:00pm. If an angler does not utilize this app, they must be prepared with an SD card and/or cord to plug the phone or camera in to a computer for submission. Expect to unlock cell phones that are used and to relinquish cell phones or cameras requiring cords for download until judging is completed. Pictures of submitted fish should not be deleted off of the device until the tournament has concluded.
8. Judging: The judge will round down to the closest 0.25" from where the tail lies. Judges have full discretion on open mouth and where the tail lies. If there is a questionable photo, judges can ask tournament director to make final ruling. After the conclusion of tournament hours once 3 fish have been submitted and judged, an anglers' day total is final.
9. Ties: Any ties in total inches will be broken by single longest fish. In the case that single longest fish are tied then the second single longest fish will be used and so on. In the case that all three fish are identical length, then the earliest check-in time of the day will break the tie.
10. Safety: All anglers are to follow the laws specifically stated by U.S. Coast Guard and the local Department of Fish and Wildlife. Each angler must have a valid fishing license for the days they will be on the water. All participants must wear their life vest (PFD) through the duration of the competition.
11. Ethics: Anglers are to use sportsmanship on and off the water. Be respectful of other participants that are launching or fishing in similar areas to you. Anglers are expected to follow all the rules. Each angler can be subjected to a lie detector test to validate honest participation. Anyone caught cheating could receive punishment by law and receive lifetime bans from other kayak fishing events and tournaments.
- Open Mouth on fish; 0.5" deduction penalty
- Unnatural manipulation of the fish aside from pinching the tail; 0.5" deduction penalty
- Any device, other than the hand, holding a fish to the trough; fish will be disqualified
- Token and/or watercraft missing in photo; fish will be disqualified
- Angler does not turn in their token by 4pm CST their catch that day will be 0
- Anglers violating the catch rules
- Any fish on a stringer or restrained to Hawg Trough by any other means other than the competitor's hand. This includes: bands, straps, grips, stringers, hooks, lures, etc.
- Angler's fishing off-limits areas
14. Formal complaints: Any participant wishing to file a formal complaint against a competitor must do so in writing previous to the conclusion of check-in each day. This complaint must be turned in, in writing, specifically explaining the violation and by whom; it must be signed and turned into the Tournament Director with a $100 deposit.
Payout and Prizes:
- The winner of the Ike Celebrity Pro Am Kayak Division will qualify for the next Hobie Fishing Worlds. If the winner cannot attend, the next place finisher will receive that opportunity and so on
- There will be prizes awarded for the top three finishers. Due to the generous nature of our sponsors there will most likely be more prizes awarded.
- Prizes won or received at the event are final. There is no official trading or switching of items won
Q: Can you recommend good accommodations?
A: Yes all information will be listed on www.theikefoundation.org
Q: Do I need a fishing license?
A: Yes, you will need a fishing license for New Jersey.
Q: Do I have to fish from a Hobie to win?
A: No, you may fish from the kayak of your choice.
Q: Can I fish from a 2 person kayak?
A: Yes, but only one person per boat.
Q: Can two people fish from the same boat?
Q: Can I use a trolling motor?
A: No, pedal or paddle only.
Q: Can I register on-site?
A: Yes, between 5-5:30pm on July 7.
Q: Am I going to enjoy the event?
A: Yes, bring your happy face.
Q: Is trolling allowed?
Q: Is live bait allowed?
A: No, artificial only.
Q: Can I fish from the bank?
A: No, all fish must be caught from your watercraft.
Q: Is wade fishing allowed?
Q: Do I pinch the tail for measurement?
A: The tail will be scored as it lies in a pinched or fan position.
Q: Can two people share one camera?
Q: What if I win and cannot make it to the “Worlds”?
A: If the first place winner cannot fulfill the invite, then the second place angler will receive the offer and trip. If the second place angler is unable to make the event then the invite and trip goes to the third place angler and so on. The winner of the competition will have 30 days to notify Hobie of their intent to compete.
RELEASE AND WAIVER
The Ike Foundation, a New Jersey Non-Profit Corporation (the “Foundation”) plans to host a Pro-Am Tournament on or about July 21, 2018 in or around Camden, New Jersey and the Delaware River waterways and certain other activities and events related thereto (collectively, the “Event”). As a material inducement and a condition precedent to the Foundation agreeing to allow the undersigned to participate in whole or in part in the Event, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the undersigned hereby agrees and consents to the following terms, conditions and provisions.
The undersigned acknowledges, agrees and fully understands that there are inherent dangers in connection with the activities associated with or that may (voluntarily or involuntarily) take place during the Event including, without limitation, boating, fishing, swimming, water sports, water rescue, navigation around or through water hazards, and other activities and conditions associated with or that may occur (whether planned or unplanned) during or in connection with the Event (collectively, the “Activities”) and that the risks associated with these Activities may be greater if poor weather, lightning or other hazardous conditions due to rough waters, presence of marine life forms and insects, other boat and large vessel traffic or debris in the waterways are experienced during or in connection with the Event.
I acknowledge and understand that the Activities and the use of any equipment made available during the Event have inherent dangers and the use thereof and the participation in the Event and any Activities associated therewith requires physical exertion and I realize that there is a high level of risk of physical injury which may be incurred when while engaging in these Activities. I hereby certify that I am in good physical condition and have adequate health insurance to cover any injury that I may sustain during or as a result of participating in the Event or any associated Activities.
I agree to follow any and all instructions, recommendations and cautions of the Foundation or its agents at times during the Event, including, without limitation, instructions for the operation of fishing equipment, boats, and personal flotation devices.
I, on behalf of me and my spouse, next of kin, personal representatives, heirs and beneficiaries, hereby agree to forever hold harmless, waive and fully release the Foundation and its Affiliates (as defined below) as well as the Foundation’s and the Affiliates’ respective sponsors, endorsers, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, officers, affiliates, employees, contractors, agents, attorneys, and staff (each a “Released Party” and, collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, losses, damages or claims whatsoever pertaining to my participation in the Event or any related Activities including, without limitation, bodily injury or death and whether or not caused by the negligence or other acts or omissions on the part of any of the Released Parties. As used in this Agreement, “Affiliate” means Professional Edge Fishing, LLC, Michael Iaconelli and any person or entity who controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Foundation. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in the event of any illness, accident or injury or medical emergency resulting from or in connection with my participation in the Event or any related Activities and I understand that I am solely responsible for all costs related to such medical treatment and/or medical transportation.
I waive my insurers’ right to make a claim against any of the Released Parties based on payments by insurers to me or on my behalf for any reason. This means my insurers have no rights of subrogation against any of the Released Parties. Furthermore, I hereby voluntarily agree and covenant not to sue any Released Party and voluntarily waive the rights to pursue any lawsuits or other legal redress against the Released Parties.
I hereby agree, jointly and severally, to pay and reimburse the Released Parties for all costs, damages and expenses that the Released Parties’ suffer as a result of my failure to abide by the terms of this document including, without limitation, all attorneys’ fees and other costs and expenses incurred by Released Parties in defending any action brought by or on behalf of any of the undersigned or in connection with the Released Parties’ enforcement of this Release and Waiver. This document is governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey without giving effect to its conflicts of law provisions.
IN SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, THE UNDERSIGNED HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THAT HE OR SHE HAS READ THIS DOCUMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY, UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND HEREBY FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY SIGN THIS DOCUMENT AT THEIR OWN FREE WILL AND ACT. THE UNDERSIGNED FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEY ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE THE FOUNDATION, ITS AFFILIATES AND OTHER PERSONS OR ENTITIES.
I represent that I am over the age of eighteen (18) years and have read and understand the contents of this agreement.
I am the parent or legal guardian of the minor named above. I have the legal right to consent to and, by signing below, I hereby do consent to the terms and conditions of this Release and Waiver.
PUBLICITY CONSENT AND ASSIGNMENT
I hereby grant the Foundation and its Affiliates permission to use and publicly display my name, image and likeness as well as any testimonials or other statements that I provide and all materials created by or on behalf of the Foundation (collectively, the “Materials”). I hereby acknowledge and consent to the use of any or all Materials by the Foundation and its Affiliates on their websites and for any other marketing or promotional purposes.
I acknowledge that I will receive no compensation from the Foundation other than any goodwill and publicity that I may receive relating to the publication, distribution or other use of the Materials and participation or viewing of the Activities. The Foundation may display, broadcast, reproduce, record, photograph, edit, create derivative works, license, and otherwise use the Materials in its sole discretion.
The Foundation shall own, and I hereby assign to the Foundation, my entire right, title, and interest, if any, in and to the Materials and all copyrights in the Materials. I acknowledge and agree that I have no right to review or approve Materials before they are used. I hereby irrevocably waive all legal and equitable rights relating to all claims arising directly or indirectly from the Foundation’s exercise of their rights under this agreement and the use of the Materials.
I represent that I am over the age of eighteen (18) years and have read and understand the contents of this agreement and am voluntarily signing it as my own free will and act.