KAFW - Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir
Johnny Merchant 806-678-5927
John Stockman 817-617-1155
Corey Racer 904-864-0555
JR Tibbitts 817-454-5739
Eric Neal 469-984-8385
Johnny Merchant email@example.com
John Stockman firstname.lastname@example.org
Corey Racer email@example.com
JR Tibbitts firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Neal email@example.com
Need Help? Contact Us
Kayak Anglers of Fort Worth
This is the Kayak Anglers of Fort Worth's fourth event for 2019. It will be a kayak catch and release tournament targeting Black Bass.
Captains meeting at 5:00 AM at the boat ramp.
First cast is 6:00 AM.
Lines out of the water at 2:00 PM.
All pictures must be submitted by 2:00 PM.
Awards ceremony at 2:30 PM at the boat ramp.
Tournament Fee is $40 - $5 witheld for AOY and $5 for iAngler fee. Remaining funds will be the payouts less PayPal fees.
Scoring Guidelines: Best five fish measured in 1/4" increments
$10 Big Bass is optional and cash only paid at the captains meeting and paid out at the event weigh in.
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 year 1 month ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 year 1 month ago
Events & Schedule
06/15/2019 05:00 AM
06/15/2019 06:00 AM
06/15/2019 02:00 PM
All pictures must be submitted by 2:00 PM.
06/15/2019 02:00 PM
06/15/2019 02:30 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Kayak Anglers of FW Rules
The KAFW tournament is open to all anglers provided they meet the requirements per tournament and honor all rules and regulations stated.
First and last cast times will be announced at each captains meeting.
Liability Release and License Requirements
1. All participants must sign a liability release before the start of the event – By registering in the ianler application.
2. Participants aged 15 to 17 require a parent or guardian to sign the liability release. Participants under age 15 will require a parent or guardian to be in a kayak and be in close proximity to participant at all times. Parent or guardian will not be allowed to fish unless entered in the tournament.
3. All participants must have a valid Texas fishing license for the event, and follow all Texas Parks & Wildlife rules at all times.
Entry Fees/ Pay Structure
Entry Fees are $40 per tournament. $5.00 of each entry will be withheld for AOY prize and $5 for the iAngler fee. All remaining funds will be paid out per the schedule below minus PayPal fees.
1. All participants must pay the entry fee prior to fishing.
2. Places 1-3 are as follows 60%, 30% & 10% for up to 30 participants. Payout will be 4 places for 39 or more participants, 5 for 49 participants, etc... If there are less than 10 participants, the pay structure will be discussed and agreed upon at the captain’s meeting prior to fishing.
3. Big Bass side pot is $10 cash at the event captains meeting and optional. The big bass pot will be paid at the end of each tournament and will not “rollover”.
1. Only kayaks will be allowed! No canoes, gasoline motors, sailboats, air boats, air tubs, or bass busters etc... Accommodations can be made for special needs anglers in advance on a case to case basis only, and are at the sole discretion of the tournament director.
2. All fish must be taken from your kayak; you are not permitted to leave your kayak to fish from shore.
3. Only one paid entrant per kayak.
4. All trolling or electric motors used during a tournament must be compliant with current KBF regulations.
1. Most tournaments will be roadrunner events. If a designated launch area will be used it will be announced prior to or at the captains meeting.
2. Launch from any legal PUBLIC access site. If you are ticketed for illegal parking or access it is an automatic disqualification.
3. Transporting or towing vessel or competitor by means of powerboat is prohibited.
4. Portaging or leaving your vessel to access an otherwise inaccessible area is grounds for disqualification.
Fishing Methods for event:
1. Only artificial baits/lures/flies will be permitted.
2. Rod & reel or fly rod only.
3. Only one line in the water at a time.
Safety Regulations for Tournament:
1. PFD must be worn at all times while on the water. Violators will be immediately disqualified from the event.
2. A 360 Degree light must be used until at least 30 minutes after sun rise.
3. No illegal substances or non-prescribed drugs may be used at any time while participating at any event. This includes from the time the challenge starts (Rules Meeting) until the time awards are awarded.
4. Drug use is strictly prohibited. Any challenger found to be under the influence within reasonable suspicion will be disqualified.
5. Alcohol during tournament hours is prohibited and any competitor caught consuming alcohol during tournament hours will be disqualified, no exceptions.
1. No fish will be kept on stringers, baskets, ice chests, etc.
2. All fish will be immediately released unharmed after a picture is taken.
3. Any one fish can only be submitted once.
4. Attendance at rules/captains meeting is mandatory.
1. All bass (largemouth, smallmouth & Spotted) over 10”. Your 5 best.
2. Catch Photo and Release alive only.
Weigh-in for Tournament
ALL ANGLERS HAVE TO BE BACK AT THE DESIGNATED TIME AND LOCATION ANNOUNCED DURING THE CAPTAINS MEEETING.
1. Have your phone and identifier with you at weigh-in for judges’ inspection.
2. Late Check – there will be a 1” penalty per 5 minutes that will be deducted from the challenger’s total. At the 30 minute mark the angler will be disqualified (no exceptions).
Judging for Tournament:
Challenger’s photos will be judged and scored by a panel designated by the Tournament Staff.
1. Photos that do not meet requirements will not be counted. Measured length should be clearly visible. All fish will be scored by 1/4ʺ increments.
2. The Tournament organizer and staff will be solely responsible and retain the right to declare any photos unacceptable.
3. All fish entered must be within the legal methods determined by the Texas Parks & Wildlife where the fish are caught.
4. All fish must be caught on rod, reel, line and hook.
5. All photos must contain the unique control identifier that will be used for each event. The identifier will become available at start of event. All fish entries must appear to be fresh and free of any obvious mutilation or mishandling. If two fish are used of the same length they must show evident signs of distinction.
6. Acceptable measuring devices are “Hawg Trough”, “Ketch Board”, and YAKGEAR “Fish Stik”
Recording your catch
1. The measuring device should display a numerical inch marking (A black sharpie works well for making them show up better.) Images that are blurry, out of focus, dark, or underexposed and make it difficult to score accurately will be disqualified. In the event of a tie the big fish by each angler will determine the winner. If the big fish ties, we will go to the next longest fish, etc.
2. To be eligible for grand prize the angler must catch at least one legal fish. The longest virtual stringer will be awarded first place and so on.
Delays/Reschedule/Cancellation of Tournament
1. Inclement Weather: The Tournament Director may delay, reschedule, or cancel a tournament.
2. If cancelled or rescheduled participants will be refunded.
3. There will be no refunds for no-shows regardless of reason.
1. Each angler will be provided a unique identifier. This identifier must be fully visible and legible in each photo.
2. Your LONGEST verified lengths in inches will be the total score of your longest five fish.
3. The angler with the highest total score of a maximum of five fish will be declared the winner. *A participant does not have to catch five fish to win the tournament.
1. Fish must face the left.
2. Mouth of fish must be closed and must be touching the bump board. If mouth is open the fish will receive a 1” penalty. If all fish submitted by a competitor are submitted with an open mouth that competitor will be subject to disqualification.
3. Dorsal fin must be facing upward.
4. Fish visibly unharmed.
5. Eye must be clear.
6. No fingers or hand in or under gills or gill plate.
7. Photos must be taken from directly above the fish, not at an angle.
8. Assigned identifier must be visible.
9. Entire fish must be visible in the picture.
1. Acceptable measuring devices are “Hawg Trough”, “Ketch Board”, and YAKGEAR “Fish Stik”
2. Your measuring device will be checked at each Captain’s meeting and given a marker of compliance.
3. No sharing of devices.
4. Markings on the measuring device must visible and legible, all lines. If lines are “FAT”, marked on both sides of the actual lines, the tail must be visibly past the line, if not you receive the next 1⁄4” less than that line.
Protests and Interpretation of Rules
1. Any protests shall be immediately directed to the tournament director(s).
2. The rules are interpreted and decided by the tournament director(s).
3. The tournament director’s decisions are final.
4. Once the award ceremony begins all results are official and final even in the event of an error.