Conventional Fishing 2023 GREAT Miami Riverway Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge
Great Miami Riverway
Need Help? Contact Us
The 2023 GREAT Miami Riverway
Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge
June 17- August 13, 2023
Hosted by the Great Miami Riverway, the 2023 GREAT Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge is a family-friendly, virtual fishing tournament.
This is a catch and release tournament only. Anglers can fish anywhere on the Great Miami River. There is no better river for smallmouth bass fishing! Win prizes for your record catch. During the tournament, anglers will use the iAngler Tournament app to photograph their catch and record basic information while on the water. All Ohio fishing regulations apply. Unlimited number of fish entries.
PRIZES for the Conventional (Spin) Fishing Category
Random Drawings for each Slot for 1st ($75), 2nd ($50) and 3rd ($25)
Slot 1: 12” to 13.75”
Slot 2: 14” to 15.75”
Slot 3: 16” to 17.75”
Slot 4: 18” and greater
The more fish you log, the more chance you have for the “random” drawing in each slot.
Largest Smallmouth Bass
1st – Rod
2nd – Reel
3rd – Lure Set
Competitive Series – Top 5 bag
1st – Rod
2nd – Reel
3rd – Lure Set
IGFA Bass Grand Slam – 3 species bass (smallmouth, largemouth, rock, white, whiterock (hybrid striper), spotted) ANY size in 24 hours
1st to register – IGFA Membership plus $25 gift card
2nd to register - IGFA Membership plus $25 gift card
Read the Rules and Regulations below.
Awards event date, time and location to be announced soon.
$30 USDIndividual Angler
Register as Individual
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
3 months 3 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
3 months 3 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Lines in the water
06/17/2023 07:00 AM
Lines out of the water
08/13/2023 11:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Tournament Rules and Regulations:
- Fish must be caught on the Great Miami River.
- The tournament is "Catch and Release" only.
- All fish entered must be within the legal methods determined by the state wildlife authorities where the fish are caught.
- Artificial and/or natural bait may be used.
- Log all of your catches.
- Each log is required to include a photo of the catch taken adjacent to a measuring device.
- Photo of the fish adjacent to a measuring device, (1) mouth closed to (2) end of the tail
- 0.25-inch increment, all measurements within 0.25-inch range will round down
- Logged catches need to identify the "Nearest Riverway Community" (required)
- Random drawings for 3 winners for fish caught in Slot 1 thru 4
- Prizes for longest smallmouth bass, top 5 bag, IGFA bass Grand Slam
- All logged fish using iAngler application will be reviewed and approved for accuracy
- Any disputes will be reviewed and decided by the Director of the Great Miami Riverway
- Award meeting date and location TBD
Disclaimer Click to Read
GREAT Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge on the Great Miami River 2023
Acknowledgement of Inherent Risk, Waiver and Release, and Indemnification Agreement
In consideration of participating in the GREAT Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge (“the
Event”) to be held on the Great Miami River from June 16 to August 13, 2023, the undersigned, for
themselves, their personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, hereby acknowledges
and understands that:
1. My participation in the Event is voluntary and there are inherent risks associated with participating
in the Event including, but not limited to, those caused by adverse tidal conditions and currents, high winds, storms, large waves, lightning, boat capsize, fire, overturning of boats, collision with objects or other watercraft, prolonged exposure to cold water, hypothermia, sun exposure, temperature fluctuations, accidental drowning, swimming, slips and falls, motion sickness, illness in remote areas, lack of hydration, watercraft equipment, wild animals, exposure to parasites, germs, insects, bacteria, unsanitary conditions, actions of other people, including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, event officials, and event monitors, and/or producers of the Event. I hereby consent to medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the Event.
2. In consideration of permitting me to participate in the Event, I release the following entities and/or persons and their directors, officers, employees, and agents from responsibility for my accidental physical injury, including death or illness, and loss of, or damage to, personal property while participating in the Event: the Miami Conservancy District (“MCD”), and any other event holders, sponsors, officers, directors, employees, agents and/or volunteers. This release is also intended to include all claims made by my family, estate, heirs, personal representative, or assigns. I acknowledge and certify that I will indemnify and hold harmless the entities and/or persons mentioned in this paragraph from all liability and/or claims made by other individuals and/or entities because of my actions, the actions of others, and from any injury, illness or loss of any kind associated with the Event.
Acknowledgement of Inherent Risk, Waiver and Release for Minor Participant
3. If I am under age 18, my parent or guardian, by signing below, also consents to my release and he or she agrees that this release shall be binding upon him or her as my parent or guardian as to me and my estate, heirs, personal representatives, and assigns. My parent or guardian acknowledges that I am fit to participate in this event, as stated in paragraph 1. My parent or guardian also promises, by signing below, to defend, indemnify and hold MCD and the other entities and/or people named in paragraph 2, harmless from any claim asserted by me against MCD and NAPRA and the other entities and/or people set forth in paragraph 2, including their trustees, officers, directors, volunteers, employees and agents if I should repudiate this release after obtaining adulthood.
4. I hereby grant permission to MCD for the right to use, reproduce, and/or distribute photographs, films, videotapes, and sound recordings of me, without compensation or approval rights, for use in materials created for purposes of promoting the activities of the MCD.