BOATERS DIVISION - 10th ANNUAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BASS ON THE FLY FISHING TOURNAMENT
Need Help? Contact Us
10th ANNUAL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
BASS ON THE FLY FISHING TOURNAMENT
Lake Fork Marina
SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2019 6:00AM- 2:00PM
RODS, REELS AND FLIES MUST BE EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING.
THIS IS A CATCH-PHOTO-RELEASE TOURNAMENT.
BOATERS: 1-2 PERSON TEAM, 5-FISH PHOTOS, TOTAL LENGTH; BIG BASS.
KAYAK (kayak, float tube, pontoon, or bank. No power.): INDIVIDUAL, 5-FISH PHOTOS, TOTAL LENGTH; BIG BASS
COST: $70/PERSON, incl. $5 big bass pot.
PAYOUT: 1st-$1200, 2nd-$800, 3rd-$500, 4th-$300, 5th-$200, 6th-10th $100.
Big Bass - $300, $200. (Based on 100 entries.)
CLUB TROPHY: 3 big fish, total length for Club
1pm - 5pm FREE CASTING CLINICS & CONTESTS, PRODUCT & KAYAK DEMOS
3pm- 6pm BIG SUNFISH TOURNEY $10 optional
9am - Noon FREE CASTING CLINICS, PRODUCT & KAYAK DEMOS
2pm PHOTO “WEIGH-IN”, CASTING CONTESTS
3pm WINNERS PAYOUT, DOOR PRIZES, KAYAK DRAWING
ONLINE at www.ianglertournament.com, or ON SITE Noon-9:00PM Friday or 5-6:00AM Saturday, cash only.
Must be registered by May 15 to be eligible for drawing for a SAGE FLY ROD.
ALL CONTESTANTS MUST CHECK-IN AT THE TOURNAMENT SITE WITH SIGNED RELEASE FORM BEFORE FISHING
YOU MUST HAVE A SMART PHONE TO TAKE & TRANSMIT PHOTOS
SPONSORS: Temple Fork Rods, Skeeter Boats, Umpqua Flies, Tailwaters fly shop, Simms, Sage Rods, Redington, Rio Lines, Smith Optics, Mariner-Sails, Lake Fork Marina, Lone Star Fly Fishers, Cliffs, Ranger Boats, Gypsy Jack Lures, East Texas Fly Fishers, Gray Wolf Fly Shop, Living Waters Fly shop, Lake Fork Area Chamber of Commerce, Wood County Industrial Commission, R&M Associates.
Events & Schedule
1pm-4pm Free casting clinics
05/04/2018 01:00 PM
Guide report, Product booths & Kayak demos, Casting Contests
05/04/2018 06:00 PM
Optional BIG SUNFISH TOURNEY (3-6 pm), $10 (Entry will be paid "Cash on Site'.)
05/04/2018 03:00 PM
ALL CONTESTANTS MUST CHECK-IN AT THE TOURNAMENT SITE FRIDAY OR BEFORE 6:00am SATURDAY
05/05/2018 06:00 AM
Lines in the Water - Tournament Begins
05/05/2018 06:00 AM
9am-Noon Free casting clinics, Kayak demos, casting contests, drawing for prizes after weigh in
05/05/2018 09:00 AM
Check In Deadline - Tournament Ends
05/05/2018 02:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BASS ON THE FLY FISHING TOURNAMENT
2019 OFFICIAL RULES GENERAL RULES
1. RULE ENFORCEMENT: Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director and his decision will be FINAL IN ALL MATTERS. All federal, state and local laws must be obeyed. All bass caught by contestants fishing together in one boat will be disqualified if any of the said contestants are found to be in violation of any tournament rules or laws.
2. PARTICIPANTS: This tournament may be fished as a boater, individual or 2-man team, or as a kayak individual. Payout will be determined by the number of entries in each category. A club/organization must have three two-man teams or three individuals to be eligible to receive the club trophy based on the total length of the three biggest bass (one/team, one /individual). No one who has been a guide for pay on Lake Fork within 1 year may participate.
3. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND DRUGS: At no time during tournament hours are any alcoholic beverages or drugs, other than prescription, allowed in the boat or to be consumed while on the water. Violation of this rule will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of entry fees.
4. SPORTSMANSHIP: All contestants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any contestant who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules or any state or local laws will be disqualified.
5. BOATS & MOTORS: No engine may exceed the BIA horsepower rating for the boat on which it is used. All boats must meet U.S. Coast Guard and state regulations, and have an emergency kill switch. Kayaks cannot use a motor.
6. SAFETY: BOATING SAFETY MUST BE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES. A USCG approved life preserver must be on and fastened any time the combustible engine is operative, and the kill switch must be attached to the driver. Contestants fishing out of a kayak, float tube or pontoon must wear a life preserver at all times.
7. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: All fish must be caught in a legal sporting manner. Trolling with combustion engine is prohibited. ONLY RODS AND REELS, LINE AND FLIES DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR FLY FISHING MAY BE USED. No soft plastic baits, or any other type of bait, customarily used for fishing with other types of rod and reels may be used. No live or prepared bait is permitted. Liquid fish attractants are allowed. Only one (1) rod may be used at any one time.
8. PROTESTS: All protests must be submitted in writing to the tournament director within 15 minutes of the final weigh-in.
9. POLYGRAPH: All contestants are subject to a polygraph test. Failure to submit to one will result in disqualification.
10. SCORING: If entered as a boater one or two-man team, your score is the total length of your biggest 5 fish for the team. If entered as a kayak individual your score is the total length of your biggest 5 fish. Only largemouth bass should be photographed. Fish should be quickly released and not brought to the weigh-in. A team’s/individual’s longest bass will be determined for the big bass pot. Contestants may submit their fish photos in at any time, but no later than 2:00 pm. All ties will result in the awards being combined and divided equally between the respective teams
11. MEASURING OF FISH: Bass should be photo'd on a metal or plastic measuring board, mouth closed and touching the left end of the scale, tail compressed to achieve greatest length and your ID tag must be showing. Contestant must make every effort to release their fish alive after measuring. See additional catch-photo-release rules on the web site and registration site. Homemade, retractable, wooden, folding and sliding devices are not acceptable.
12. PERMITTED FISHING WATERS: No fishing is allowed inside the host marina area. Fishing is restricted to the navigable waters of Lake Fork only. Boats may be trailered to and from the weigh-in. No fishing is allowed within 25 yards of another contestant. Switching or sharing fish with other contestants or individuals will result in immediate disqualification.
13. REGISTRATION: Register & pay Online at ianglertournament.com. By Mail to “Bass on the Fly” P.O.Box 173, Yantis, TX 75497 if received no later than May 1, 2018. On site: Registration may be made at the tournament site Noon-9:00PM Friday or 5:00-6:00AM Saturday, pay online or cash only. All contestants MUST check-in with their smartphone at the tournament headquarters during official registration hours. Both team members should register at one time and pay total $140 fee.
14. FISHING HOURS: 6:00AM-2:00PM Saturday. Contestants may launch at the site of their choice no earlier than 5:00AM . Contestants must be in the weigh-in line no later than 2:00PM. Kayaks must launch from a public site.
15. OFF LIMITS: 7:00PM Friday-5:00AM Saturday.
16. ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $70 per individual whether fishing as a two-man team or an individual. The tournament will be held regardless of weather conditions and there will be no refunds of entry fees. The organizer and tournament director reserve the right to accept or reject any entry.
17. ASSISTANCE: During hours of competition, contestants may not receive fishing information from other competitors or non-competitors or participate in the practice of “hole sitting.” 8/2/18.
Disclaimer Click to Read
World Championship Bass on the Fly Fishing Tournament
Official Entry Form
I have read and understand the Official Rules of this tournament. I also understand that tournament officials may reject my application for any reason, and in that event will refund my entry fee. I understand and acknowledge that competitive fishing is a dangerous sport, the risks of which include, though not exclusively, drowning, collisions in the water, and injuries from hooks and other fishing equipment. I voluntarily assume responsibility for these risks, identified and not identified, and all risk of injury or death or damage to myself, or my property, or to others, including spectators and their property, arising from my participation in the tournament. I have sufficient health, accident and liability insurance to cover any bodily injury or property damage incurred by myself or others as a result of my participation in this event. If I have no such insurance, I represent that I am capable of paying for any and all such expenses or liability.
I hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify the tournament organizer, Bass on The Fly, LLC, employees, and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions or rights of action which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this tournament, including specifically but not limited to the negligent acts or omissions of organizer, Bass on The Fly, LLC, agents and employees, the host, sponsors and tournament officials, and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament, for any and all injury, death, illness or disease, and other damage or loss to property suffered by myself or others. In signing this document, I acknowledge and agree that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged while I am engaged in this event, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against the organizer, Bass on The Fly LLC, or employees, the host, sponsors, officials and all other persons or entities associated with the tournament, even if they or any of them negligently caused the bodily injury or property damage. Any suit brought against any of the parties listed above as a result of this Agreement or my participation in this tournament will be brought in state or county court in Wood County, Texas. Should it become necessary for any of the parties listed above, or someone on their behalf, to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this Agreement, or any portion thereof, I agree to pay the reasonable costs and attorney's fees thereby expended, or for which liability is incurred. I give the organizer permission to use my name and likeness for promotional purposes. I agree to submit to and accept the results of the polygraph tests given at this event
Name___________________________________________ Boater or Kayak?
Signature __________________________________________Date __________
Partner’s name ____________________________________________________
Produced by Bass on The Fly, LLC