Adult (BOAT) - 1st Annual Hookup Baits Tournament
James MedlinBarred Sand Bass
Antonio TapiaBarred Sand Bass
Stanley HendrixCalico (Kelp) Bass
George EscamillaCalico (Kelp) Bass
Curtis ItogawaCalico (Kelp) Bass
Daniel UnderwoodCalico (Kelp) Bass
John SedgwickCalico (Kelp) Bass
Andrew BloomCalico (Kelp) Bass
Michael PritzlBarred Sand Bass
Ty WieseBarred Sand Bass
Jessica CanoCalico (Kelp) Bass
Alec SalcidoCalico (Kelp) Bass
Rich PenksaCalico (Kelp) Bass
Adam LarsonCalico (Kelp) Bass
Lucky CatsSpotted Sand Bass
Luis (Jr) GarciaBarred Sand Bass
Sondra Mote 760-753-0165
Mike Uyeda 858-775-7058
Sondra Mote firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Uyeda email@example.com
Need Help? Contact Us
1st Annual Hookup Baits Tournament
This is a multidivisional saltwater tournament restricted to use of artificial baits only to benefit CCA and San Diego Anglers Warriors on the Water.
Many of our customers have been asking if we would have a Hookup Baits tournament so here it is…October 6th! Guaranteed cash payout, great awards, raffle items and fun for all! It is important to Hookup Baits to support our fishing industry so the entry fees from the tournament will be given to support the CCA CAL and the San Diego Anglers Warriors on the Waters.
Launch Areas: Dana Landing or Ski Beach Boat Launch Ramp
Boundaries: Mission and San Diego Bay, Coastal from La Jolla to Mexican Border [No fishing in MLPA restricted areas as well as marked Navy areas.]
*Note: Due to this being our 1st Tournament we are limiting the number of anglers who sign up online to (80) so that the event is safe, and fun for all. We have in the future we can increase the participation for future tournaments.
No live bait can be used.
No DEAD bait can be used.
Coastal Conservation Association of California (CCA CAL) is our saltwater fishing advocacy group. They fight for our right to fish in California. They also believe in our white seabass hatchery program and are trying to expand it into California Halibut. They are fighting to make more artificial reefs. They are working with marine scientists to get real answers to issues that plague our fishery. CCA CAL is very important for the future of our fishing and we need you to all join. Like them on Facebook and follow them on Instagram.
Ten years ago, the San Diego Anglers started the “Warriors on the Water” program. It was a small way we could give back to our wounded military, to those who have sacrificed so much. Each year, the San Diego Anglers does two to three trips, taking out anywhere from 25 to 60 warriors each time. These trips would not be possible without the generous donations of caring people and organizations, for which the San Diego Anglers are very grateful.
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
11 months 2 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
11 months 2 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
10/06/2018 04:45 AM
Start Time: Safe Light (Approx. 6:15am)
10/06/2018 06:15 AM
Check-in for GROMS (17 & younger, not on boat)
10/06/2018 07:00 AM
Start Time for GROMS
10/06/2018 07:00 AM
10/06/2018 11:00 AM
10/06/2018 11:30 AM
Tournament End Time
10/06/2018 01:00 PM
Jackpot Weigh In Fish Must Be In and Weighed
10/06/2018 01:30 PM
Awards - GUARANTEED CASH payout regardless of participation!
10/06/2018 02:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
- Motorized vessels will be a team of no more than four (4).
- Wrist bands to be given to all participants day of the event with signing of Release of Liability form.
- Boundaries are Mission and San Diego Bay, Coastal from La Jolla to Mexican Boarder.
- No fishing MLPA restricted areas, as well as marked Navy areas
- 100% Artificial Baits only, NO live bait! NO CHUMMING!
- All participates under the age of 18 that are on the water must register and have an adult present while on the water at all times.
- The casting contest is for GROMS only (17 and under) and FREE to those who come by and want to participate. Wrist bands will be required.
- Groms (12 years and younger) Rock/Dock, Kayak, Float Tube or Paddle Board
- Groms (13-17) Rock/Dock, Kayak, Float Tube or Paddleboard
- Adult (18 & older) Rock/Dock
- Adult (18 & older) Kayak/Paddle Board/Float Tube
- Boat Team Division (maximum of 4 participates per boat/no spectators)
- Grom on Boat Division
- Jackpot Biggest Fish
- IAngler App will be used for all measured fish.
- Groms (17 years and younger) may sign up the day of the event however we do encourage everyone to sign up on line so that we can be sure to have a shirt and your size available.
- Official Rules to be posted on iAngler Tournament app and website, along with www.hookupbaits.com.
- Anglers Meeting will be held to help answer any questions prior to the event-Date will be announced.
Disclaimer Click to Read
All anglers will be required to sign a Liability Waiver/Disclaimer upon registration at event.
All anglers with a motorized vessel will be required to submit a copy of insurance at check-in.
No vessel will be allowed to participate without a copy of insurance and release of liability form signed.
No angler participating in the non-motorized division will be allowed to participate without a signed release of liability.