2023 GREAT Miami Riverway Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge
Great Miami Riverway
Need Help? Contact Us
The 2023 GREAT Miami Riverway Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge
Great Miami Riverway
June 17- August 13, 2023
REGISTRATION OPEN ON May 1 - TICKET PRICE AND PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS COMING SOON !
Hosted by the Great Miami Riverway and the National Association of Professional River Anglers (NAPRA), the 2023 GREAT Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge is a family-friendly, virtual fishing tournament.
This is a catch and release tournament only. Anglers can fish anywhere on the Great Miami River. There is no better river for smallmouth bass fishing! Win prizes for your record catch. During the tournament, anglers will use the iAngler Tournament app to photograph their catch and record basic information while on the water. All Ohio fishing regulations apply. Unlimited number of fish entries.
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
1 month 3 days ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
1 month 3 days ago
Events & Schedule
Lines in the water
06/17/2023 07:00 AM
Lines out of the water
08/13/2023 11:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Tournament Rules and Regulations:
- Fish must be caught on the Great Miami River.
- The tournament is "Catch and Release" only.
- All fish entered must be within the legal methods determined by the state wildlife authorities where the fish are caught.
- Artificial and/or natural bait may be used.
- Log all of your catches.
- Each log is required to include a photo of the catch taken adjacent to a measuring device.
- The fish mouth should be positioned at 0. Take the photo directly above the fish. The mouth and tail should be visible in the photo.
- All catches will be measured in 0.25-inch increments.
- Any measurement within 0.25-inch range will round down.
- Each log requires the identification of the nearest Riverway Community.
- All logged fish using iAngler application will be reviewed and approved for accuracy.
- Any disputes will be reviewed and decided by the Director of the Great Miami Riverway.
Disclaimer Click to Read
GREAT Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge on the Great Miami River 2023
Acknowledgement of Inherent Risk, Waiver and Release, and Indemnification Agreement
In consideration of participating in the GREAT Smallmouth Bass Fishing Challenge (“the
Event”) to be held on the Great Miami River from June 1 to August 1, 2023, the undersigned, for
themselves, their personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, hereby acknowledges
and understands that:
1. My participation in the Event is voluntary and there are inherent risks associated with participating
in the Event including, but not limited to, those caused by adverse tidal conditions and currents, high
winds, storms, large waves, lightning, boat capsize, fire, overturning of boats, collision with objects or
other watercraft, prolonged exposure to cold water, hypothermia, sun exposure, temperature fluctuations,
accidental drowning, swimming, slips and falls, motion sickness, illness in remote areas, lack of hydration,
watercraft equipment, wild animals, exposure to parasites, germs, insects, bacteria, unsanitary conditions,
actions of other people, including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, event officials,
and event monitors, and/or producers of the Event. I further acknowledge and understand that by
participating in the Event there is a potential risk of exposure to the novel coronavirus COVID-19. I will
assume all risks associated therewith, whether known or unknown to me at this time. I acknowledge and
certify that I am fit to participate in this event, have not experienced any symptoms associated with
COVID-19 nor been exposed to anyone infected with COVID-19 within the last fourteen days, and have
not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person. I hereby consent to medical treatment which
may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the Event.
2. In consideration of permitting me to participate in the Event, I release the following entities and/or
persons and their directors, officers, employees, and agents from responsibility for my accidental physical injury, including death or illness, and loss of, or damage to, personal property while participating in the Event: the Miami Conservancy District (“MCD”), the National Association of Professional River Anglers (“NAPRA”), and any other event holders, sponsors, officers, directors, employees, agents and/or
volunteers. This release is also intended to include all claims made by my family, estate, heirs, personal
representative or assigns. I acknowledge and certify that I will indemnify and hold harmless the entities
and/or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liability and/or claims made by other
individuals and/or entities as a result of my actions, the actions of others, and from any injury, illness or
loss of any kind associated with the Event.
Acknowledgement of Inherent Risk, Waiver and Release for Minor Participant
3. If I am under age 18, my parent or guardian, by signing below, also consents to my release and he
or she agrees that this release shall be binding upon him or her as my parent or guardian as to me and
my estate, heirs, personal representatives and assigns. My parent or guardian acknowledges that I am fit
to participate in this event, as stated in paragraph 1. My parent or guardian also promises, by signing
below, to defend, indemnify and hold MCD, NAPRA and the other entities and/or people named in
paragraph 2, harmless from any claim asserted by me against MCD and NAPRA and the other entities
and/or people set forth in paragraph 2, including their trustees, officers, directors, volunteers, employees
and agents, if I should repudiate this release after obtaining adulthood.
4. I hereby grant permission to MCD and/or NAPRA for the right to use, reproduce, and/or distribute
photographs, films, videotapes, and sound recordings of me, without compensation or approval rights, for use in materials created for purposes of promoting the activities of the MCD and/or NAPRA.