2020 KAFW - Lake Athens
Brian PierceBlack Bass
Pat McGruderBlack Bass
Jr TibbettsBlack Bass
Hayden CrossnoeBlack Bass
Tony HumphreysBlack Bass
Katie BackaBlack Bass
Erick SimienBlack Bass
Ross PinkertonBlack Bass
Silas GarrettBlack Bass
Eric NealBlack Bass
Mark PendergrafBlack Bass
Ryan BackaBlack Bass
Rodolfo ZermeñoBlack Bass
Chase DaleBlack Bass
Christian KuperBlack Bass
Jacob SmithBlack Bass
Blake BeattyBlack Bass
Frank SmithamBlack Bass
Brian GoolsbyBlack Bass
Ellis HowardBlack Bass
Roger FlintBlack Bass
Jason DelfraisseBlack Bass
Chris CragoBlack Bass
KD KiddBlack Bass
Matthew FlettBlack Bass
David StocktonBlack Bass
John kyle huseBlack Bass
Tracy DouganBlack Bass
Cameron HairstonBlack Bass
Darren WilliamsBlack Bass
Tim PowellBlack Bass
JOSEPH MONGOGNIABlack Bass
SANTOS ZEPEDABlack Bass
Bryan HowellBlack Bass
Darrin CollinsBlack Bass
Jeremy GreeneBlack Bass
Stan HimesBlack Bass
Ben HuffmanBlack Bass
Charner WilliamsBlack Bass
Mat FrentressBlack Bass
Brandon PowelsonBlack Bass
Jermon LewisBlack Bass
Thunder MidgetBlack Bass
Evan PateBlack Bass
Danny WellsBlack Bass
Clayton ThomasBlack Bass
Matthew WallaceBlack Bass
Christopher AguirreBlack Bass
Jared FloresBlack Bass
Todd CantwellBlack Bass
Johnny Merchant 806-678-5927
John Stockman 817-617-1155
Need Help? Contact Us
Kayak Anglers of Fort Worth
This is the Kayak Anglers of Fort Worth's first event for 2020. It will be a kayak catch and release tournament targeting Black Bass.
- Captains meeting will be at 6:00 AM
- First cast is 7:00 AM.
- Lines out of the water at 3:00 PM.
- All fish must be submitted by 3:10 PM.
- Weigh-In at 3:30 PM.
Tournament Fee is $50 - $5 withheld for AOY, $5 for the Classic payout, and $5 for iAngler fee. Remaining funds will be the payouts, less PayPal fees.
Registration cut off time is 9:00 PM on Friday, the 24th.
Scoring Guidelines: Best five fish measured in 1/4" increments
$10 Big Bass is optional and cash only paid at the captains meeting and paid out at the event weigh in.
Captains Meeting and Weigh-In will be held in the big parking lot.
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
4 months 3 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
4 months 3 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
01/25/2020 06:00 AM
01/25/2020 07:00 AM
Lines Out of the Water
01/25/2020 03:00 PM
Catch Submission Deadline
01/25/2020 03:15 PM
01/25/2020 03:30 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Kayak Anglers of FW Rules - 2020
Participation and Eligibility
The KAFW tournament is open to all anglers provided they meet the requirements per tournament and honor all rules and regulations stated. First and last cast times will be announced at each captains meeting.
Liability Release and License Requirements
• All participants must sign a liability release before the start of the event – By registering in the iAngler application.
• Participants aged 15 to 17 require a parent or guardian to sign the liability release. Participants under age 15 will require a parent or guardian to be in a kayak and be in close proximity to participant at all times. Parent or guardian will not be allowed to fish unless entered in the tournament.
• All participants must have a valid Texas fishing license for the event, and follow all Texas Parks & Wildlife rules at all times.
Entry Fees/ Pay Structure
Entry Fees are $50 per tournament (excludes Classic). $5.00 of each entry will be withheld for AOY prize and $5 for the iAngler fee and $5.00 withheld for Classic participant payout. All remaining funds will be paid out per the schedule below minus PayPal fees.
• All participants must pay the entry fee prior to fishing.
• Places 1-3 are as follows 60%, 30% & 10% for up to 30 participants. Payout will be 4 places for 39 or more participants, 5 for 49 participants, etc... If there are less than 10 participants, 70% for first and 30% for second.
• Big Bass side pot is $10 cash at the event captains meeting and optional. The big bass pot will be paid at the end of each tournament and will not “rollover”.
• AOY points will accrue from all regular season tournaments plus year end classic.
• Only kayaks and SUPs will be allowed! No canoes, pontoons/tri-hulls, sailboats or use of sails, air boats, air tubs, polled boats, or bass busters Accommodations can be made for special needs anglers in advance on a case to case basis only, and are at the sole discretion of the tournament director.
• EXCEPTION: The Blue Sky Boatworks 360 angler will be allowed in 2020.
• All fish must be taken from your kayak; you are not permitted to leave your kayak to fish from shore.
• Only one paid entrant per kayak.
• Electric motors are allowed per the following. No systems of 24 or 36 volts(dual or triple batteries), motors must be affixed(mounted) to the kayak/rudder system. No hand held motors of any type.
• No gasoline motor of any type allowed.
• Most tournaments will be roadrunner events. If a designated launch area will be used it will be announced prior to or at the captains meeting.
• Launch from any legal PUBLIC access site. If you are ticketed for illegal parking or access it is an automatic disqualification.
• Transporting or towing vessel or competitor by means of powerboat is prohibited.
• Portaging or leaving your vessel to access an otherwise inaccessible area is grounds for disqualification.
Fishing Methods for event
• Only artificial baits/lures/flies will be permitted.
• Rod & reel or fly rod only.
• Only one line in the water at a time.
• No trolling allowed.
• PFD must be worn at all times while on the water. Violators will be immediately disqualified from the event.
• A 360 Degree light must be used until at least 30 minutes after sun rise.
• No illegal substances or non-prescribed drugs may be used at any time while participating at any event. This includes from the time the challenge starts (Rules Meeting) until the time awards are awarded.
• Drug use is strictly prohibited. Any challenger found to be under the influence within reasonable suspicion will be disqualified.
• Alcohol during tournament hours is prohibited and any competitor caught consuming alcohol during tournament hours will be disqualified, no exceptions.
• There is to be NO electronic communication between competing anglers, or communication regarding fishing or the tournament during the competition.
• Emergency calls are permitted, and the Tournament Director is to be notified.
• Family and employment related calls are allowed.
• Attendance at rules/captains meeting is mandatory. If you can’t make the captains meeting it must be approved by the tournament director and arrangements made to receive your identifier when you do arrive.
• Fishing in off-limits or restricted areas is prohibited and will result in disqualification if proven by photo or video.
• No fishing within 10 yards of another competitor.
• Family and friends are not allowed to fish during tournament hours unless necessary for medical reasons and must be preapproved by the Tournament Director.
• All black bass (largemouth, smallmouth & Spotted) over 10”.
• Five (5) fish limit – Your best five fish will be used to determine your score.
• Catch Photo and Release alive only.
• No fish will be kept on stringers, baskets, ice chests, etc.
• All fish will be immediately released unharmed after a picture is taken.
• A fish can only be submitted once.
Weigh-in for Tournament
ALL ANGLERS MUST BE BACK TO THE DESIGNATED LOCATION BY THE TIME ANNOUNCED DURING THE CAPTAINS MEEETING.
Judging and Scoring for Tournaments
Competitor’s photos will be judged and scored by the Tournament Staff.
• Photos that do not meet requirements will not be counted. Measured length should be clearly visible. All fish will be scored by 1/4ʺ increments.
• The Tournament organizer and staff will be solely responsible and retain the right to declare any photos unacceptable.
• All fish entered must be within the legal methods determined by the Texas Parks & Wildlife where the fish are caught.
• All photos must contain the unique identifier that will be used for each event. The identifier will be issued at the captains meeting. All fish entries must appear to be fresh and free of any obvious mutilation or mishandling. If two fish are used of the same length they must show evident signs of distinction.
• Acceptable measuring devices are “Hawg Trough”, “Ketch Board”, and YAKGEAR “Fish Stik”.
• No sharing of measuring devices.
• Markings on the measuring device must visible and legible, all lines. If lines are “FAT”, marked on both sides of the actual lines, the tail must be visibly past the line, if not you receive the next 1⁄4” less than that line.
• Images that are blurry, out of focus, dark, or underexposed and make it difficult to score accurately will be disqualified.
• Your LONGEST verified lengths in inches will be the total score of your longest five fish.
• The angler with the highest total score of a maximum of five fish will be declared the winner. *A participant does not have to catch five fish to win the tournament.
• Fish must face the left with the dorsal fin on top.
• Mouth of fish must be closed and must be touching the bump board. If mouth is open the fish will receive a 1” penalty. If all fish submitted by a competitor are submitted with an open mouth that competitor will be disqualified.
• Fish visibly unharmed.
• Eye must be clear and not covered.
• No fingers or hand in or under gills or gill plate.
• Photos must be taken from directly above the fish, not at an angle.
• Assigned identifier must be visible.
• Entire fish must be visible in the picture.
Delays/Reschedule/Cancellation of Tournament
• Inclement Weather: The Tournament Director may delay, reschedule, or cancel a tournament.
• If cancelled or rescheduled participants will be refunded.
• There will be no refunds for no-shows regardless of reason.
Tie Breakers: Tournament - Big Bass – AOY
• In the event of a tie for the tournament winner/big bass winner the ties will be broken by the biggest fish, 2nd biggest, 3rd biggest, etc...
• If competitors are tied after five fish the competitor that submitted all five fish first will be deemed the winner.
• In the event there is a tie for AOY the winner will be determined the best finishes (1st, 2nd, 3rd ...) in the five regular season events and classic finish. If the tie can’t be broken with event finishes there will be an eight-hour fish off at a later date. The fish off and additional rules will be determined by the tournament directors in the event a fish off is needed.
Protests and Interpretation of Rules
• Any protests shall be immediately directed to the tournament director(s).
• The rules are interpreted and decided by the tournament director(s).
• The tournament director’s decisions are final.
• Once the award ceremony begins all results are official and final even in the event of an error.
The Tournament Director(s) reserve the right to refuse to allow anyone to fish any KAFW event for any reason deemed necessary.
Disclaimer Click to Read
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
In consideration of the risk of injury while participating in(the "Activity"), and as consideration for the right to participate in the Activity, I hereby, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, or personal representatives, knowingly and voluntarily enter into this waiver and release of liability and hereby waive any and all rights, claims or causes of action of any kind whatsoever arising out of my participation in the Activity, and do hereby release and forever discharge , located at , , , their affiliates, managers, members, agents, attorneys, staff, volunteers, heirs, representatives, predecessors, successors and assigns, for any physical or psychological injury, including but not limited to illness, paralysis, death, damages, economical or emotional loss, that I may suffer as a direct result of my participation in the aforementioned Activity, including traveling to and from an event related to this Activity.
I AM VOLUNTARILY PARTICIPATING IN THE AFOREMENTIONED ACTIVITY AND I AM PARTICIPATING IN THE ACTIVITY ENTIRELY AT MY OWN RISK. I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH TRAVELING TO AND FROM AS WELL AS PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY, WHICH MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, PHYSICAL OR PSYCHOLOGICAL INJURY, PAIN, SUFFERING, ILLNESS, DISFIGUREMENT, TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT DISABILITY (INCLUDING PARALYSIS), ECONOMIC OR EMOTIONAL LOSS, AND DEATH. I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE INJURIES OR OUTCOMES MAY ARISE FROM MY OWN OR OTHERS' NEGLIGENCE, CONDITIONS RELATED TO TRAVEL, OR THE CONDITION OF THE ACTIVITY LOCATION(S). NONETHELESS, I ASSUME ALL RELATED RISKS, BOTH KNOWN OR UNKNOWN TO ME, OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS ACTIVITY, INCLUDING TRAVEL TO, FROM AND DURING THIS ACTIVITY.
I agree to indemnify and hold harmlessagainst any and all claims, suits or actions of any kind whatsoever for liability, damages, compensation or otherwise brought by me or anyone on my behalf, including attorney's fees and any related costs, if litigation arises pursuant to any claims made by me or by anyone else acting on my behalf. If incurs any of these types of expenses, I agree to reimburse .
I acknowledge thatand their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives and agents are not responsible for errors, omissions, acts or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific event or activity on behalf of.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS ACTIVITY MAY INVOLVE A TEST OF A PERSON'S PHYSICAL AND MENTAL LIMITS AND MAY CARRY WITH IT THE POTENTIAL FOR DEATH, SERIOUS INJURY, AND PROPERTY LOSS. The risks may include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, lack of hydration, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic and actions of others, including but not limited to, participants, volunteers, spectators, coaches, event officials and event monitors, and/or producers of the event.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS "WAIVER AND RELEASE" AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY. I EXPRESSLY AGREE TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGEAND ALL OF ITS AFFILIATES, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS, HEIRS, REPRESENTATIVES, PREDECESSORS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR CAUSES OF ACTION AND I AGREE TO VOLUNTARILY GIVE UP OR WAIVE ANY RIGHT THAT I OTHERWISE HAVE TO BRING A LEGAL ACTION AGAINSTFOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
To the extent that statute or case law does not prohibit releases for negligence, this release is also for negligence on the part of , its agents, and employees.
In the event that I should require medical care or treatment, I agree to be financially responsible for any costs incurred as a result of such treatment. I am aware and understand that I should carry my own health insurance.
In the event that any damage to equipment or facilities occurs as a result of my or my family's willful actions, neglect or recklessness, I acknowledge and agree to be held liable for any and all costs associated with any actions of neglect or recklessness.