2019 River Center’s Junior Angler Tournament
Need Help? Contact Us
2019 River Center’s Junior Angler Tournament
The Loxahatchee River District’s River Center, in partnership with Fishing Headquarters, is delighted to announce the 6th Annual Jr. Angler Fishing Tournament. The contest is run over the course of several weeks instead of just a single day of competition so that you can enjoy more fishing! In addition, the contest awards points not only for the number of fish caught, but also for the number of different species represented in the submissions. The more fish you catch and the more species you catch, the better your chances are to win! These innovative guidelines encourage contestants to spend time throughout the summer exploring the diversity of habitats and fish species in the Loxahatchee River Watershed and throughout our Palm Beach and Martin Counties. The tournament is open to anyone between the ages of 5 and 17, but registration is required before submitted photographs can be awarded points.
$25 USDIndividual Angler
Register as Individual
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
3 months 2 weeks ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
3 months 2 weeks ago
Events & Schedule
Captain’s Meeting – Friday, June 1st at 6 p.m. (review of rules and workshop on using the iTournament app)
06/29/2019 02:00 PM
Fishing starts on Saturday, June 2nd (any time in the morning)
07/01/2019 06:00 AM
All submissions must be entered by midnight on Saturday, July 14th
08/05/2019 12:00 AM
Fish Fry and awards ceremony is Friday, July 20, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
08/09/2019 06:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
2019 Jr. Angler Tournament – Registration, Rules, and Releases
Tournament Format and Registration:
• All participants must register online at https://ianglertournament.com. Visit the River Center if you need to complete your registration in person.
• Participants are required to create an iAngler Tournament account on https://ianglertournament.com or download the iAngler Tournament app to your smartphone.
• It’s easy to participate! Between June 2 and July 14, 2018 when you catch a fish, be sure to snap a selfie that includes the junior angler, the 2018 River Center lanyard, and the fish. Then use our online form on https://ianglertournament.com/ to submit the details of your catch and the associated photo (photographic evidence is mandatory for a fish to count in the tournament). If you want to participate and don’t have access to the Internet, please contact the River Center for assistance. You MUST be registered before submitted entries will be counted.
• The tournament is open to anglers between the ages of 5 and 17.
• Anglers are scored on the diversity and quantity of their catches. The more fish you catch and the more species you catch, the better your chances are to win.
• Species will be verified by a panel of fishing experts.
• Registration is open until July 14, 2018.
• $25/per child to participate – includes a t-shirt, gift bag, and two tickets to the “Tournament Fish Fry & Awards Ceremony” at the River Center, Friday, July 20, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Rules and Regulations:
• Registered anglers are scored by submitting photographs and information about their catch. Photos must include the angler with their catch and a 2018 River Center lanyard to be counted toward their total score. Lanyards may be picked up at the River Center at 805 North US Highway One, Jupiter 33477 at the Captain’s Meeting on Friday, June 2, 2018 at 6 p.m.
• Please contact the River Center if you would like to receive lanyards by mail.
• We encourage anglers to maintain a “Fish Log” (sample attached) and the photos to help us work through any scoring discrepancies.
• Points will be awarded per the diversity and quantity of catches. Anglers will receive one (1) point for each individual fish, and two (2) points for each species captured during the tournament. (We will manually add “bonus” points for each species weekly.)
Example: An angler submitting photographs of two (2) Mangrove Snapper and one (1) Checkered Puffer would be scored as follows:
Fish Points (1 point for every fish caught): 3 points
Species Points (2 points for each species caught): 4 points
Total Tournament Points: 7 points total
• All participants must abide by State of Florida Fishing Laws and Regulations. Note: children under 16 are exempt from the fishing license requirement. Go to www.myfwc.com for more details. We recommend anglers download www.fishrulesapp.com, which provides recreational saltwater fishing regulations in an easy to use interface.
• All fish must be caught by hook and line. No more than 2 hooks per line may be used (e.g., fish caught on sabiki rigs with more than 2 hooks may not be entered).
• Species Limits: Participants will receive points for up to 25 fish for each individual species during the tournament.
Example: Each angler will receive points for a maximum of 25 individuals of a given species. If an angler reports catching 50 largemouth bass, the angler will receive credit for the first 25 largemouth bass.
• Tournament boundaries are all freshwater and saltwater in Martin County and Palm Beach County.
• Prizes will be awarded to the top scoring anglers in their age group. Age groups are as follows: 5-7, 8-10, 11-13, and 14-17.
It is the responsibility of every participating angler to know, understand, and abide by these tournament rules during this competition. Any participant who deliberately violates these rules will immediately be disqualified. Only registered competitors are eligible for points and any potential qualifying prizes. Anglers and their guardians are solely responsible for their safety during the tournament, and this should be the first consideration in all aspects of this competition. Any intentional cheating, harassing of other anglers, or any other conduct determined by the tournament staff to be outside the spirit of good sportsmanship will not be tolerated and are grounds for disqualification and ejection from the tournament.
Disclaimer Click to Read
River Center Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement
By signing the entry form, all participants acknowledge that they have read, understand, and will abide by all tournament rules and regulations. As legal parent/legal guardian of the named minor, I hereby consent to his/her participation in the River Center’s Jr. Angler Tournament and claim responsibility for this minor. Even though many safety precautions exist, there is always potential to be injured, bitten, or scratched when exploring nature and working with wild animals. Fishing activities occur on or near the water, and the risk for serious injury and drowning exists. It is important that you understand and accept these risks before registering your child for the River Center’s Jr. Angler Tournament. I accept all risks inherent to the programs at the River Center, including the additional risks that exist when working with or around wild animals, exploring the outdoors, and traveling to offsite locations and do hereby release the River Center, Friends of the Loxahatchee River, the Loxahatchee River Environmental Control District, as well as their directors, officers, agents, employees, and members from all liability for injury during the program activities. It is further understood that the River Center is not responsible for the loss of personal property. I understand that my child is expected to maintain appropriate behavior. If my child is having difficulty in this area, I understand that I will be notified and may be asked to remove my child from the program without a refund of payment. I also understand that I may be asked to provide a copy of my child’s birth certificate as verification of their age. I have read the risk factors listed above and this waiver, and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and I have signed it of my own free will.
River Center Photograph Release Form
By signing the photographic release below, you are agreeing to allow photographs of yourself, and minors accompanying you, to be used by the Friends of the Loxahatchee River (Friends), the Loxahatchee River District (LRD), and the River Center. If your picture has been taken in reference to a particular program, your name will be used in connection with the photograph(s) and may be associated with your name/your company’s name/your organization’s name.
I GIVE MY PERMISSION, without restriction, for consideration received, for the above mentioned agencies (Friends, LRD, River Center) to take, reproduce and publish, in all media including electronic formats known or unknown, photographs of me, or to have this done on its behalf. I understand that these photographs may be used, in whole or in part, in informational, educational or commercial publications of any kind (including without limitation, electronic publishing), by the Friends of the Loxahatchee River and its agents.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
1. I will not have any right to inspect the finished work or product or to approve its use.
2. Ownership of the originals and all copies belongs to Friends and its agents. This includes all rights to use, not use, or dispose of the photographs, in any manner whatsoever.
3. The agreements in this Release are legally binding and cannot be changed by me or someone who has been given my rights.