2019 Chesapeake Rockfish Open
Need Help? Contact Us
Join us on Saturday, June 22, 2019 for the:
Chesapeake Rockfish Open, a Catch & Release Tournament
The proceeds of our tournament will support Non-Profit Organizations who focus on improving water quality and promoting conservation efforts in and around the Patapsco River and Harbor Basins.
Overall, Top Female Angler, Top Youth Angler & Kayak Categories
$250 entry for a boat of 1-4 anglers. $60 per additional angler w/ a maximum of 6 total participants per boat
$60 entry per individual fishing on a Kayak.
Tochterman’s Tackle Gift Certificates and more prizes from sponsors will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Prize, $3,000 Tochterman's Tackle Gift Certificate for Longest Three Fish Stringer
- 2nd Prize, $2,000 Tochterman's Tackle Gift Certificate for Second Longest Three Fish Stringer
- 3rd Prize, $1,000 Tochterman's Tacke Gift Certificate for Third Longest Three Fish Stringer
- Woman’s Prize for the Longest fish caught by a female angler
- Youth Prize for the Longest fish caught by an angler under the age 16
- Kayak Division Prize for Longest fish caught from a kayak
Events and Schedule:
Captains Meeting and Deck Party
Food and Beverages for Participants
Friday, June 21st 5:00- 7:00pm at
Nicks Fish House
2600 Insulator Drive
Baltimore, MD 21230
***Pick up your required official 2019 measuring stick at the Captains’ meeting, along with your Skipper’s Bag with tee shirts and other goodies, plus your tickets for Saturday’s party and awards ceremony.
Party & Awards Ceremony:
Saturday, June 22nd
4:00-8:00pm, awards at 5:00pm,
Nick’s Fish House.
2600 Insulator Drive
Baltimore, MD 21230
Food and beverages served for all registered participants with tickets. Additional tickets are available for purchase at the door for guests. Band plays until 10:00pm.
Events & Schedule
06/21/2019 05:00 PM
Lines In - Start Fishing!
06/22/2019 05:00 AM
Lines Out/Photo Submission Deadline
06/22/2019 04:00 PM
06/22/2019 04:00 PM
06/22/2019 05:00 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
1. Fishing Area:
2. Eligible Fish: Striped Bass.
3. All fish entered for consideration in the tournament must be released
4. All fish must be caught on hook and line following all Maryland DNR rules and regulations
5. Chumming, live bait and/or the use of eels is not permitted.
6. Measurement: In order to have your fish judged, you must submit a clear and readable digital photo of your fish measured resting directly along side or on top of the official 2019 measuring stick before the 4:00 p.m. cut-off via the iAngler Tournament app or in person at Nick's Fish House.
It is recommended that fish are laid along side the ruler for large fish instead of on top so judges can clearly see the measurements.
The unique photo indicator symbol announced during the Captains Meeting must be visible in the photo. (Ink it on your hand or on a durable card with a Sharpie).
7. Potential winners must sign in at the Judging Station prior to the 4:00 p.m. cut-off for an interview with the judges and to receive a certified measurement card to become eligible to win.
You must also attest in person and on your honor that the fish to be measured was released alive into the water from which it came.
The judges reserve the right to interview any potential witnesses regarding the live release and method of the catch of any fish presented for tournament consideration.
The judges also reserve the right to examine the embedded metadata of any photo image to confirm the validity of a claim. Photos with edited or missing metadata may be disallowed at the judges’ discretion.
9. Largest fish and three fish stringer combinations will be determined by length measured from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail. The tail may be pinched. In case of a tie, the fish measured first will be the winner.
Put the measuring stick on the deck of your boat. Lay the fish on top of the measuring stick with the snout of the fish on the zero mark and the tip of the tail on the higher number. Include the entire fish in the photo.
You are responsible for getting the snout of the fish exactly on the zero end of the measuring stick. The judges cannot allow any adjustment for a snout that appears to be past the end of the stick. It helps to jam the measuring stick against a vertical surface such as a bulkhead or the side of the cockpit to ensure that the zero mark (end of the stick) and the snout of the fish are even.
It is helpful in the judging process to have two or three photos of your fish on the measuring stick, clearly showing the length, but your best picture should be the one you submit via the iAnglertournament app.
10. Calcuttas: As a courtesy, the Chesapeake Rockfish Open judges will provide certified measurements of fish entered in the Calcuttas. You will need to visit the judging station to obtain your certified measurement card. Calcutta managers must provide a complete list of participants to the judges
11. Fishing Hours: Legal fishing begins at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 22nd 2019. You must submit your photo via iAngler Tournament or in person at the Tournament Judging Station at Nick's Fish House by 4:00 p.m. to have your fish entered.
12. Safety: All participants and guests of participants are responsible for their own personal safety and the security of their personal property and expressly assume any and all risks to their personal safety and well-being as a result of their participation in the catch & release tournament. It is a pre-condition of participation in the Chesapeake Rockfish Open Tournament that all participants shall release and hold harmless the Chesapeake Rockfish Open, Bluewater Baltimore, Coastal Conservation Association Maryland, Patapsco Heritage Greenway and any sponsors from any and all claims, losses, costs and expenses, personal injuries, wrongful deaths and property damage, whatsoever, arising from or during participation in the Catch & Release Fishing Tournament. By electing to participate in the Chesapeake Rockfish Open Tournament, all participants agree to, and grant this release of liability and shall not be permitted to withdraw or disavow that release of liability.