2018 Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc, Chapter 58 - King of the Lake
Dave Lagman, (248) 721-3781
Need Help? Contact Us
This tournament is open to all Muskies Inc. members from all chapters. It is a season long, longest fish wins tournament.
Check out the rules tab for all the tournament information.
You will need to register at any of our "bump board registrations".
Events & Schedule
Bump Board Registration
06/01/2018 06:00 PM
Rules and Regulations
LSCMI Chapter 58
King of the Lake 2018 Tournament
Rules and Regulations
Each angler will be required to download and register for the mobile app “IANGLER Tournament”.
Once tournament fees are paid, each angler will be given a password for the tournament. This app will provide up to the minute scoring and keep improper fish logs to a minimum. The app is also available for web viewing and has more detailed information on the website.
“King of the Lake” for the 2018 season starts June 2nd 2018 and runs thru December 14th 2018.
All members of Muskie’s, Inc. are eligible for entry
The winner is based solely on the largest “Catch & Release” Muskie for this time frame.
Prizes include, but are not limited to:
1) Bragging rights
2) Winners name added to “King of the Lake” Plaque
3) 80% of collected tournament fees will be paid out to the season’s winner
This contest is open to both Pro & Amateur with the following restriction, “An entry is ineligible if caught and released while vessel is under hire”.
Entry fee must be paid prior to Photo submission, not day of catch:
A) Early sign up, prior to 6/3 - $20.00 per participant
B) Open sign-up, throughout duration of contest - $25.00 per participant
A JIG BOARD PER BOAT (THE ONE BEING USED FOR THE TOURNAMENT) MUST BE OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED BY THE CHAPTER. If an angler is unable to attend any meetings, special arrangements may be made with the tournament committee for out of town anglers to have their jig board certified prior to any fish being entered.
Anglers unable to attend any meetings to have their jig board certified, may contact a member of the Board to make special arrangements. Reasonable efforts will be made in an effort to accommodate special circumstances.
Members Jig Board must be certified and receive a “King Of The Lake” sticker to be placed on their Jig Board. Sticker will start @ 42” and conclude @ 60”. Sticker must remain on Jig Board for the duration of contest. Replacement stickers are available by contacting any board member.
Photo Verification –MUST USE IANGLER app on your cell phone so you can make a digital log of your fish.
CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY – No minimum size, longest fish wins. JIG board will be needed! Measure fish with back facing JIG board, have mouth of fish closed, tail squeezed for maximum length. Take picture! Photo must clearly show all necessary
information in order to win prizes.
IF THE FISH IS NOT PROPERLY PHOTOGRAPHED THERE WILL BE NO PRIZE AWARDED! NO EXCEPTIONS!
Photo submission must be made within 48 hours. It is recommended to submit ASAP.
No ties – In the event of a tie, the first fish registered in IANGLER or submitted to a tournament official, will be deemed
Trolling or Casting/Jigging – Allowed, open to Lake St. Clair, St. Clair River and the Detroit River.
Anglers that don’t have access to a smart phone can still participate, but arrangements will have to be made with the
Tournament Director prior to the tournament.
MUST FOLLOW ALL MDNR/MNR RULES!
Measurement – The measurement that your captain calls in is what stands once your photo is verified by the judges (For example, if the picture verifies a 54 1⁄2” fish, but you only called in 54 1⁄4” as the measurement, then the 54 1⁄4” measurement stands).
Tolerance – There will be a little tolerance given on a miss measured fish (1/8”). All fish will be measured to the closest 1/8”
All decisions of the LSCMI tournament directors shall be final. PLEASE NOTE: At the time of this release, all rules displayed here are considered accurate, but LSCMI, reserves the right to modify these rules at any time. For the latest printed version of our rules please feel free to contact us. Again, it is each angler’s responsibility to read and understand all of the current LSCMI rules and regulations.
Log – To accomplish the Chapter’s scientific and conservation goals, ALL muskies caught during the tournament are
strongly encouraged be logged into the App regardless of the size. For each fish landed, the following information must be recorded: name of the angler who landed the fish, a photo, a jig board length, date landed, time landed, water temperature, and water depth. Logs will also be available to the local DNR/MNR for their use in conservation efforts.
Photos – All teams are strongly encouraged to take several photos during the tournament. As noted above photos of all fish are strongly encouraged to be taken. Additionally, photos of anglers holding fish, photos of each team, boats, etc., are strongly encouraged to be taken and provided to the tournament committee.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER, AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the 2018 tournaments presented by Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc., its related events and activities, I, the undersigned, being of at least 18 years of age, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the Company immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, agents, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc., Muskies Inc., their officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used for the activity ("Releasees"), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law; and,
5. I, hereby confirm that I have read the tournament rules set forth by Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc. for this event and agree to abide by said rules for the event I am participating in. I clearly understand what is expected of me as it relates to the rules and participation in this event. I agree that any and all questions I may have regarding participation in this event have been/will be clarified by the Tournament Directors at the Captain’s Meeting held prior to the event as advertised. Should any issue or question I may have not be addressed, I agree to address it directly with the Tournament Directors prior to the start of the event. I understand that all decisions made by the event’s Tournament Directors and/or Tournament Committee are final; and,
6. If applicable I agree to reimburse the Lake St. Clair Muskies Inc, Muskies Inc, and all tournament partners previously noted for any and all attorney’s fees, court costs, and/or other expenses incurred by me as a result of any action, claims or suits arising out of participation with this event. I recognize that unexpected dangers may arise during the course my activities as such that they will not be subject to close monitoring during the duration of the event. I certify that I/we am physically fit to participate in this tournament and that my vessel and/or gear are in safe operational condition; and,
7. I certify that I and the vessel I will be aboard for this even are covered by a valid insurance policy covering injury to ourselves, others and property damage caused by me during the course of this event and related activities. This release and waiver extends to all claims of any kind or nature whatsoever, foreseen or unforeseen, known or unknown; and,
8. I agree explicitly to avoid any activities which are commonly, uncommonly, knowingly, or unknowingly to be considered, perceived, or otherwise thought to be cheating. I fully agree to participate in this event within the intent of the rules and regulations and agree to conduct myself in a safe, professional, and moral manner during my time participating in this event; and,
9. I acknowledge that there is to be no modification to this agreement shall be binding unless in writing signed by an authorized agent for the event. I agree that if any provision of this agreement should be or become invalid such invalidity shall not in any way affect any other provisions of this agreement which shall continue to remain in full force and effect.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY REGISTERING FOR THIS EVENT, AND AGREE TO IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.