16th Annual Bass, Beards & Bogies
Need Help? Contact Us
16th Annual Bass, Beards & Bogies
This is an private event. No public registrations are permitted.
This annual event includes 6 teams of 2 people competing over 3 days in a total of 6 events. The events include 2 rounds of fishing (6 best fish/round by weight), trap shooting, golf, poker, turkey hunting, and washer tournament. The team with the highest total for all events is tournament champion.
Each participant will receive a custom Bass, Beards, & Bogies gift.
The 1st place team will each receive a King Ranch Shotgun case, a prize of your choice valued at $60 each, and your name on the plaque.
The participant who catches the Big Bass of the tournament will get their name on the Big Bass trophy.
Schedule of Events
- 4:30 p.m. – Bergfeld Trap Range; all teammates must be present.
- 7:00 p.m. – Dinner at the Ranch Provided by 2018 Champion Team
- 8:00 – 11:00 p.m. – Poker tournament
- 7:45 a.m.- Breakfast
- 9:30 a.m.- Tee off at Brownwood Country Club www.brownwoodcountryclub.com
- 4:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.- 1st round of fishing
- 8:30 p.m.- Dinner
- 9:30 p.m.- Washer Tournament
- Daylight- Turkey hunting
- 11:00 a.m. – Trap shooting Knockout
- 2 p.m.- Lunch
- 4:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.- Fishing
- 8:30 p.m.- Fish Fry
- 9:30 p.m.- Awards Ceremony
$200 USDTeam Event
Min: 1 Anglers
Max: 2 Anglers
Register as Team
"Logging Your Catch" Instructional Video
3 weeks 13 hours ago
Welcome to iAngler Tournament - Adding Your Photo to the Leaderboard
3 weeks 13 hours ago
Events & Schedule
Bergfeld Trap Range; all teammates must be present.
04/11/2019 04:30 PM
Dinner at the Ranch Provided by 2018 Champion Team
04/11/2019 07:00 PM
04/11/2019 08:00 PM
04/12/2019 07:45 AM
04/12/2019 09:30 AM
1st round of fishing (4:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
04/12/2019 04:30 PM
04/12/2019 08:30 PM
04/12/2019 09:30 PM
Turkey hunting (Daylight)
04/13/2019 06:00 AM
Trap shooting Knockout
04/13/2019 11:00 AM
04/13/2019 02:00 PM
2nd round of fishing (4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
04/13/2019 04:30 PM
04/13/2019 08:30 PM
04/13/2019 09:30 PM
Rules and RegulationsClick to Read
Rules and Regulations
- Trap Shooting will take place at Bergfeld Ranch. The score will be the cumulative total between you and your partner. There will be two rounds of trap shooting and both scores will be combined to get the total. The 1st place team will receive 3 Ibs, 2nd place 2 Ibs, and 3rd place 1 Ibs. If there are any ties then the points will be split accordingly or a sudden death round can decide the winner.
- Poker is No limit Texas Hold’em and there will four 40 minute rounds with teammates alternating each round. At the end of four rounds points will be awarded based on the amount of chips each team has. Blinds will double at the end of each round and start at 1/2. Teams may choose what order they would like to play as long as they alternate each round. Each team member must play 2 rounds.
- Golf will be played using a scramble format with your teammate. Hole # 17 is designated as the “closest to the hole” Par 3 and will be worth .5 pound. The #18 hole is designated as the “long drive hole” and whoever hits the longest drive in between the cart paths on that hole will be awarded .5 pound for their team. In the event of a tie for 1st those two teams will be awarded 2.5 pounds each (second place will receive 1 Ibs.). If there is a three or four-way tie then there will be a putt off to determine the top two teams. If second place or third place results in a tie then points can either be split or there will be a putt off to determine the final standings.
- 4. Turkey hunting will be allowed anytime between Friday and Saturday evening. For safety reasons the ranch will be divided into 6 separate hunting areas with an additional hunting area at the Brookesmith property. When you leave to go turkey hunting you will be required to put your name beside the area that you will be hunting. You cannot reserve an area until you are ready to walk out the door for that particular hunt. Only one team per area will be allowed at any given time. It will also be a requirement that both teammates hunt the same area if they both go hunting. It will be necessary for everyone to be courteous of the other hunters out in the field and try to avoid driving through their area while hunting. If more than one team would like to hunt one area at the same time then we will have a drawing to see who gets to hunt that particular spot. The longest beard will receive 3 Ibs while the 2nd longest beard will receive 1.5 pounds for their team. If a Turkey has more than one beard then each beard will be measured separately then added together to get a total length. Each team can only count one turkey towards the tournament but may shoot up to two turkeys per team (no more than one per person). Turkey hunting may be done individually or as a team but you are confined to your chosen area. Any hog shot during the tournament is .5 pounds with a 1 pound limit on points awarded for hogs.(The Strawn and Peveto amendment)
- The washer tournament will take place on Friday night. The top two teams at that point in the tournament will receive first round byes. The washer tournament will be single elimination. The game is played to 21 points. The closest washer to the cup is awarded 1 point. A "leaner" - any washer protruding over the edge of the inside of the cup - is awarded 3 points. A "ringer" gets you 5 points. If your opponent lands on your ringer, they cancel out, and the other washers are scored normally. Washers must be thrown from behind the back board of each washer box. Each team will throw 5 washers.
- Fishing will consist of two rounds and two separate 6 fish totals. Fishing will begin at 4:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and conclude at 8:00 p.m. each day. In the event of a weather delay a text will be sent notifying each team of the duration of the delay and when fishing will resume. We will once again have access to our neighbors’ lake with each team alternating between the two lakes. Teams will be grouped according to the standings after skeet shooting, poker, and golf. The top 3 teams will fish together on one lake and the bottom 3 teams will be together on the other lake. We will draw to see which lake each group fishes first. Fish are to be weighed and measured on the water and then released. Scales will be provided and each team is required to enter the weight and length into the iAngler app for all fish to be counted in the tournament. Any fish over 5 Ibs must be photographed on the ruler or while on the scale and the photo must be uploaded into the iAngler app with the catch record. In the event of inclement weather the tournament director has the authority to adjust order and/or duration of events. Completing 2 rounds of fishing takes priority over any other event and if necessary could be extended into Sunday morning and would take place from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. This is only in the event that a round of fishing gets rained out. If a tie for 1st place were to occur there would be a 1 hour sudden death fish off that would be used to decide the overall champion. This fish off would occur on Sunday morning of the tournament from 7:30a.m.-8:30a.m. Every fish caught would count and the team with the most weight at the end of the hour would be declared champion..
Disclaimer Click to Read